Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scallions!

• 08-05-2014 10:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

This is what hapens when you plant scallions in the ground and leave them for a while!

306112.jpg

They're over 2ft high...wonder will they still be edible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Lol, been there, done that! Yes they will be onion flavoured, but I don't imagine they would do much for your salad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Harvest the scapes and cook them, yum. They're a delicacy in some restaurants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

redser7 wrote: »
    Harvest the scapes and cook them, yum. They're a delicacy in some restaurants.

Is that the tops?

Yeah, the flower head, but before they open and flower. Have a wee google for how to cook them. You can do the same with onion and garlic scapes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

redser7 wrote: »
    Yeah, the flower head, but before they open and flower. Have a wee google for how to cook them. You can do the same with onion and garlic scapes.

Thanks..i assume i can also use flowering chive heads?

• Advertisement

Haven't tried it but I imagine so :)

Advertisement