Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wooden House Kilmore Quay

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello all just pondering has anyone here stayed at the wooden house, Kilmore quay!!

We got a voucher for them from group on and while we have eventually managed to get in contact with them I don't have much hope for a perfect venue. They seem to have no one manning the phones, don't ans emails and are quite matter of factly when they do come back to you...

Seems quite odd for a place that is trying to keep business would be interested to hear if anyone has been

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

https://www.facebook.com/woodenhouse.kilmorequay

Havne't stayed there or even eaten there yet, but it seems like they aren't too bothered about getting or keeping customers.

Maybe try tripadvisor for reviews?

Website under construction, sigh !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah there are mixed reviews on tripadvisor saying they are quite rude, which to be honest comes across.

When I got onto them on facebook rather than trying to keep the customer happy, he said they are too busy to answer the phones and that all messages left were replied to..I was like mmmm really they why have you not come back..

really sound like a bunch of muppets..

Maybe they'll be grand on arrival, some people should just stay off social media methinks !!

Though if you are going to get online facebook, web etc be prepared to be nice and communicate !

Fingers crossed. It was the only way in the end I could get in contact with them online so they left me no choice..Just curious to see what the deal is with them.
    Sure ill report back after the weekend..Once there is good seafood ill be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Milly33 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. It was the only way in the end I could get in contact with them online so they left me no choice..Just curious to see what the deal is with them.

Don't know anything about the food in the Woodenhouse, but make sure to try out The Saltee Chipper!

• Advertisement

I was intrigued so I took a look on tripadvisor and couldn't really find any major bad reviews about service, one comment was about service being a bit scraooy on a bank holiday weekend to which the proprietor replyed back and apologised.

Anyway, go and enjoy the sea air, get some food in the crazy crab if you have time, the saltees chips are nice too, have a 99, have fun !! Take a trip over to the saltees if you can, hope the weather stays nice for yis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Highly recommend the Silver Fox also.

enjoy!

OHHHHH now im liking this news.. Crab love it I am writing all these places down to go visit thank you... Tis a small enough town is it.. I thought I spotted a few on tripadvisor about service, staff and owners not being the best..But sure as you say well enjoy the fresh air for now and hope for the best just cant get around how they work..Anywho crab claws here we come thanks for the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

Hi there. have been to the wooden house a couple of times to eat. food is very good and quiet resonable. the staff are friendly and helpful. would recommend it to anyone

Mmm Well I have to say we wont be rushing back there. Don't have a clue what the food was like, as paying guests there you would think we could have got a look at a menu or something nope. The place itself is quite nice but so badly run I don't see why they are bothering with it..

Thanks for the tip on the crazy crab we called in an had a fab lunch there was well worth it..

• Advertisement

Mmm Well I have to say we wont be rushing back there. Don't have a clue what the food was like, as paying guests there you would think we could have got a look at a menu or something nope. The place itself is quite nice but so badly run I don't see why they are bothering with it..

Thanks for the tip on the crazy crab we called in an had a fab lunch there was well worth it..

Crazy Crab is nice alright.

Was the Wooden House that bad?

Oh it was the best big fan or morans on the weir and Crazy crab is a close run up with it...

the wooden house is really a joke which is a shame as it is a nice place but the lads just don't seem to know or even bother with trying to make it work. Even there now that chap Tom knows we weren't happy customers walking away and I asked him to contact my mum regarding a deal and two days later her still hasn't...

Oh it was the best big fan or morans on the weir and Crazy crab is a close run up with it...

the wooden house is really a joke which is a shame as it is a nice place but the lads just don't seem to know or even bother with trying to make it work. Even there now that chap Tom knows we weren't happy customers walking away and I asked him to contact my mum regarding a deal and two days later her still hasn't...

What was it that made you unhappy about your visit/stay there?

Just really they way the ran it, or run it. The whole thing started with getting a gift of a groupon vouher to go visit. Tried to book the place and the phone just went to answering machine, so I left around three messages and no one got back, sent an email and no one got back, eventually managed to get a response on Facebook to which I was told they had replied to all voice messages left which they hadn't as I had never got a call back..
    So I tried too book, for me I was told that they were booked out for every weekend coming up to August or something. Then I got himself to contact them and he was offered one of the self catering places?? Odd no

We get up there Friday 10 at night, went to the bar to check in which was mostly empty.. Greeting was ok but nothing like oh heres the key, breakfeast is served at this time..

We got towels from boxes in the back (they had all day to have the cottage ready) shown to the cottage and that was that. Now Joe was nice that showed us to the cottage.
    The cottage was not set up right, half the lightbulds were missing, the toilets blocked up, cutlery we had lots of spoons that was it.

It is more the service really I spoke to Tom the owner and he just seemed to have an excuse for everything, not answering the phone was due to them having 300 calls a day, we didn't hear the phone ring once and get a handheld tisnt rocket science, then the internet was down.The rooms he said ohh well we probably took it to fill another cottage!another excuse,

Its just bad form they should run it proplery..

Sounds disastrous alright.

300 calls per day !! Ha, doubtful !

Wont last long with the lack of customer attention for starters.

Yep very annoying as the place is quiet nice but they just seem to not be bothered. We went up the road the Saturday night as we saw a sign for live music the place was jammers, had two drinks and headed back and the wooden house had id say 5 people there. No live music nothing...Down with that kinda of a think Tom!!

Yep very annoying as the place is quiet nice but they just seem to not be bothered. We went up the road the Saturday night as we saw a sign for live music the place was jammers, had two drinks and headed back and the wooden house had id say 5 people there. No live music nothing...Down with that kinda of a think Tom!!

Was that Kehoes?

I'd have thought one would be fighting tooth and nail to get business in the door in this day and age.

They are on facebook as mentioned so they have embraced some form of social media to promote their business.

If it was a school report it would be "must try harder" :D by the sounds of it.

Not too sure of the name it was just up the road from where we were, looking at images there it might have been alright twas the only other we saw in the town.. nice place, nice staff and they have kiskadee

Actually if anyone knows too the chap in that bar mentioned what I thought was Buglers Off Licence in Wexford that might have a few bottles of kiskadee but I cant find anything on the net would anywho know the proper name of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Its called Carry Out and its next door to Bugler Doyles Pub.

81 Sth Main Street, Wexford Town
    Phone: 053 9185130

• Advertisement

hahah ah thank you.. It is for my mum spent years looking for it but they don't make it anymore and walked into the pub in Kilmore and there it was. they wouldn't sell it to me though but said these chaps might. Thanks again some nice pressie if I could get it

Advertisement