Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert and FETAC Points??

Options
  • 08-05-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey,

Just wondering if someone can help me out in regards to how the CAO system works in regards to LC points and FETAC.
    Do they add the points together, or will your application be purely based on the marks you got in the FETAC exams?

I didn't get five distinctions like most colleges want, so I was wondering if there's another way around it maybe? Can you fall back on your leaving cert if needs be?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Route 1) Leaving Cert points

Route 2) Points calculated from a FETAC award ... you can calculate your points here: http://www.careersportal.ie/fetac/Fetac.php#.U203kldiJhV (Your best 8 modules are counted and Level 8 courses in an IT often require distinctions in 3 modules)

Route 3) Often used for universities is a system where you have to do a particular FETAC course. They also require you to do certain modules and get certain amount of distinctions.

These routes cannot be combined, they are all separate.

I hope that helps a little, feel free to ask me more questions. It took me a while to get to grips with the systems.

Advertisement