Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fas HQ in waterford disbanded for wexford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Chiparus wrote: »
    The Fas centre is staying in the south east, in Wexford , an easy commute for Waterford people.

Too many people on the site and in Waterford in general , do the parochial , county jersey thing.

They took rrrrr jobs nonsense, we have hundreds of Waterford people working in surrounding counties and visa versa,

People are probably upset that the new Glanbia factory is in Kilkenny. ( 3km from Waterford)

No. People are upset that assets are being stripped from the South Eastern Capital. Big difference. And for those very same "county jersey" reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

cabledude wrote: »
    This is one of the most sensible posts I have ever read on boards.ie

The idea of an economic hub in the south east is a good one. We need to be in a position to compete with Limerick, Galway, Cork and Dublin for FDI and job creation. In fact, I think that the county councils of Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny, Carlow and South Tipperary should all be scrapped. In its place should be a regional authority thats sole mandate is the economic, social and cultural promotion of the region as a whole. Not 5 or 6 separate authorities competing and bitching at each other.

Leave that stuff on the GAA pitch.

I would agree. But that has to start in the neighbouring counties who eye Waterford enviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

7upfree wrote: »
    I would agree. But that has to start in the neighbouring counties who eye Waterford enviously.

I don't think that many in the surrounding counties necessarily look at Waterford enviously.

Tell me, do you think Dubliners got upset when the department of the environment relocated to Wexford?

People from Waterford work there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

7upfree wrote: »
    Surrounding counties should see Waterford as an asset. Not as competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

cabledude wrote: »
    Surrounding counties should see Waterford as an asset. Not as competition.

And surrounding counties should see Wexford as an asset, Not as competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Chiparus wrote: »
    And surrounding counties should see Wexford as an asset, Not as competition.
    Indeed. Look, the South East has been forgotten by as many Governments as I can remember. If the area is to progress and box equal to, never mind above, its weight, all counties nees to speak as one voice. Not gibberish coming from all angles.

PS. I sound like a fupping politician coming out with all this stuff :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Guys, lets not start yet another thread on this,
    Please keep this stuff to the megathread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056951062&page=20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement