Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Socket install problem

Options
  • 08-05-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Me and my brother moved from Palmerstown to Swords on March 1st and had ordered internet and cable TV through Sky ... since UPC could not deliver the Internet. When contacting Sky, they checked their system, and informed me, they could deliver.

Since there was no phone socket in the house, Eircom had to out and install it. The technician came around March 15th, which was OK. We could easily use mobile broadband until then.

When the technician came, he noted that there was no phone jack in the house ... I said, "yes, that's why you're here!" He did not agree, and drove off after a total of 15minutes.

I have been in contact with Sky for 20+ phone calls, and my case have been escalated to another team that handles problems.

The team contacted me last weekend and said that they had some good news. Namely, that Eircom had confirmed that they would come out today, May 8th, between 8:30 to 16:00, and install the phone socket.

So I booked a day off work.

Approx . 11:30 I was called by a technician from Eircom . He wanted to know what day it suited me that they could come and install the telephone socket. I said, "TODAY, when it was arranged! "

The technician said that in his system it only said, that he should call to arrange a day when he could come by. He actually said it was because I was not a priority for them. Maybe I would be if I had ordered Internet directly through them and not through Sky.

I got upset, and said that to him in words, I prefer not write. He said that he would look into it and call me back.

15mins later there I got a visit from an Eircom technician. 

He is currently trying to get it fixed. Whether he gets it up and running , I'm not particularly optimistic about that.

What can I learn from this? Not much, I believe. Even though I have yet to come across a good service in Ireland (I'm from Denmark).

I wonder if this kind of service is something, I simply have to get used to in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Carstenb wrote: »
    Me and my brother moved from Palmerstown to Swords on March 1st and had ordered internet and cable TV through Sky ... since UPC could not deliver the Internet. When contacting Sky, they checked their system, and informed me, they could deliver.

Since there was no phone socket in the house, Eircom had to out and install it. The technician came around March 15th, which was OK. We could easily use mobile broadband until then.

When the technician came, he noted that there was no phone jack in the house ... I said, "yes, that's why you're here!" He did not agree, and drove off after a total of 15minutes.

I have been in contact with Sky for 20+ phone calls, and my case have been escalated to another team that handles problems.

The team contacted me last weekend and said that they had some good news. Namely, that Eircom had confirmed that they would come out today, May 8th, between 8:30 to 16:00, and install the phone socket.

So I booked a day off work.

Approx . 11:30 I was called by a technician from Eircom . He wanted to know what day it suited me that they could come and install the telephone socket. I said, "TODAY, when it was arranged! "

The technician said that in his system it only said, that he should call to arrange a day when he could come by. He actually said it was because I was not a priority for them. Maybe I would be if I had ordered Internet directly through them and not through Sky.

I got upset, and said that to him in words, I prefer not write. He said that he would look into it and call me back.

15mins later there I got a visit from an Eircom technician. 

He is currently trying to get it fixed. Whether he gets it up and running , I'm not particularly optimistic about that.

What can I learn from this? Not much, I believe. Even though I have yet to come across a good service in Ireland (I'm from Denmark).

I wonder if this kind of service is something, I simply have to get used to in Ireland?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I sincerely apologise for the misinformation and confusion here. We'll be more than happy to follow this up for you if the Technician is unable to fix this. Is he currently at your premises?

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carstenb

Well, after he spent some time investigating the phone cable (650meters down the road), he came back, saying it was a 2 man job, and that he needed to come back another day.

So basically I'm back to where i was 2 months ago, with techncians not really doing what they were called out for.

He told me I did not have to be home, when they come working on the cables outside. But since he DID NOT install the phone socket, I still need to ask for YET another day off ... and probably another wasted day off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Carstenb,

I understand that this can be time consuming and unfortunately in some cases it is not always as straight forward as we would like. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused and I am sure that when the Technician returns with the appropriate help need to get the job done that this will be completed. 

Thanks,

Tony

Advertisement