If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick question about a Sony STR-DN1040 AV Amp and delivery time?

Options
  • 08-05-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,I've been considering purchasing a Sony STR-DN1040 and while it's currently on offer,I'm wondering will there be any further reductions in the very near future;) or any open box offers.Also what are the shipping times to county Waterford.Thanx for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, unfortunately it's very difficult to tell if there will be any further reductions. What I would say is that at the current cost price, we couldn't reduce it any further so we would be relying on Sony moving the cost price to allow a further price reduction.

We do have one in open box which was purchased by a customer who thought that it did something that it didn't.

This is as new with full warranty, box etc but we can take £319.95 for this clearance one.

Delivery would be £12.99 and we could have it to you Monday / Tuesday at the latest.

Let me know if this is of interest.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Thanks for the quick reply,I was being a bit cheeky asking about future reductions;).I am going to consider my options over the next week or so and I'll get back to you again.Thanks again Dave.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bazzz wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply,I was being a bit cheeky asking about future reductions;).I am going to consider my options over the next week or so and I'll get back to you again.Thanks again Dave.
    Just to add - that STRDN1040 that we have in open box is completely as new, it was bought by a Customer who wanted preamp outputs but it didn't have pre outs... he put it straight back in the box ( and brought it straight back to us!)

We can do it at £299.95 and really its completely as new.

Give us a shout if you are interested,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Very tempting....is the 1050 due soon?

Sorry for getting back so late,I quite fancy the open box offer.I appreciate your replies,but I need too sit on it for a couple of days and tote up my available funds.Hopefully the guy above won't snap it up before me;) .....

The 1050 has launched or will launch this month May...Here is a write up I found on it(hoping this will  cause @PCDub to procrastinate longer and will give me time to persuade her indoors that I need the 1040:p ).Thanx again guys for your time and efforts,I'll be in touch.

Sony STR-DN1050 ($600) step-up features
    imgstrdn1050ucb-1200.jpg Sony
    • 165 watts per channel
    • 6 HDMI inputs
    • Three HDMI outputs, including a second zone HDMI output
    • Powered second zone
    • Support for DSD files
    [*]
    There are a couple of significant changes from last year's models that are worth highlighting. One is that the excellent user interface from the last year's STR-DN1040 will be available on both the STR-DN850 and the STR-DN1050 this year. When most AV receiver onscreen menus look like this, it's refreshing to see Sony make an effort to make the AV receiver approachable.
    rmaau189fordn1050850-1200.jpg Sony
    Also new on the simplification side is a drastically redesigned remote. The new clicker looks to be huge improvement, ditching rarely-used buttons and adopting a more straightforward layout.
    Finally, the Sony STR-DN1050's second-zone support is the most extensive I've seen at this price. While most AV receivers limit your second-zone sources to analog inputs, the STR-DN1050 is capable of playing any source, including Bluetooth and AirPlay, in the second zone using the second-zone HDMI output. Most buyers won't need this extra functionality, but it's a nice step-up if you're looking for a two-room solution.
    While most of the improvements are for the better, the STR-DN850 and STR-DN1050 both offer fewer HDMI inputs than last year's models. While five HDMI inputs is probably enough for most home theaters, it is nice to have room to expand, especially given the rate that new streaming media boxes are being released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Thanks for that Bazzz. Just a word of warning. Sometimes Sony have different specs for the European models compared to the US models. Not always the case, but one to be wary of as it has caught some people out in the past.

I would guess a £499.95 launch price again given that the 1030 and 1040 started life at that.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Bazzz you asked first so I'll hold fire until you decide.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys.

The Sony STRDN1050 has now hit our warehouse and available for sale.

Priced at £499.95 as Dave mentioned above:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdn1050/sony-strdn1050

If the 1040 is anything to go by this is going to sound fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

PCDub wrote: »

I'll get in the queue on the off chance that both Bazzz and PCDub pass.

remoteboy wrote: »
    PCDub wrote: »

I'll get in the queue on the off chance that both Bazzz and PCDub pass.
    No problem RemoteBoy.

Your name is on the list ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry guys for keeping you all on hold,I've been given the green light to buy the Amp.So I hope you guys don't mind.Thanx again for your patience.

Sorry guys for keeping you all on hold,I've been given the green light to buy the Amp.So I hope you guys don't mind.Thanx again for your patience.
    Hey Bazzz.

Drop me a PM with a contact number and I can give you a shout :)

Hey Bazzz.

PM Sent,thanx Kenny.

Hey Bazzz.

PM Sent,thanx Kenny.
    Thanks.

Will be in touch ASAP!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

PCDub, remoteboy,

Very classy behaviour !

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

PCDub, remoteboy,

Very classy behaviour !

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Most unlike the normal Richer Rabble ;)

Thanks guys, thanks Ritzy..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanx a million guys, the amp arrived yesterday.Did a quick setup and have to configure to my taste.So far,all is good(touch wood).
    Cheers for all the communications and the speedy service.

Thanx a million guys, the amp arrived yesterday.Did a quick setup and have to configure to my taste.So far,all is good(touch wood).
    Hey Bazzz.

Glad you are happy with the amp. It really does perform well!

Should you have any questions or require anything in future please let me know.

Hey Bazzz.

Will Do,thanx again for the great service.I've a feeling I'll be looking to upgrade my surround speakers soon;) .Also I'm looking for a powered sub for my father,to add to my old Sony Amp.Nothing to expensive,so any advice or recommendations.

Hey Bazzz.

Will Do,thanx again for the great service.I've a feeling I'll be looking to upgrade my surround speakers soon;) .Also I'm looking for a powered sub for my father,to add to my old Sony Amp.Nothing to expensive,so any advice or recommendations.
    Hi Bazzz.

When the time comes for speakers let me know and we can work a deal.

On the sub woofer you would be looking at something like the Tannoy SFX sub woofer priced at £99.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/tannoy/sfx-sub/tann-sfx-sub-blk

No too expensive and delivers a good enough punch.

• Advertisement

Hey Bazzz.

Hi Bazzz.

On the sub woofer you would be looking at something like the Tannoy SFX sub woofer priced at £99.95

Thank you again.....I went ahead and ordered the Tannoy Sub just now.I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment.As soon as I generate more funds,I'll give you a shout on the speaker suggestions.Cheers

Hey Bazzz.

Hi Bazzz.

Thank you again.....I went ahead and ordered the Tannoy Sub just now.I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment.As soon as I generate more funds,I'll give you a shout on the speaker suggestions.Cheers
    Hey Bazzz.

Not a problem at all! 

Give us a shout when you are ready.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.