Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please!

Options
  • 08-05-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I apologize if this is a bit off topic, but I need an answer to a question and the Irish Visa and Embassy sites are useless.

My Australian girlfriend has a two year visa for London and she currently resides there. It runs out in September and she wants to apply for an Irish Visa.

Can you apply for an Irish Visa from London even though she is Australian? Or would she need to go home first?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

What type of visa are you talking about?. A working holiday visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Feelgood wrote: »
    What type of visa are you talking about?. A working holiday visa?

Yes, sorry, a yearly visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/visas/working-holiday-visas/#

She needs to contact the Irish embassy in Canberra. I can't see any reason why a working holiday visa wouldn't be granted while she is in the UK, as long as she meets the requirements for the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Your girlfriend can most likely apply in London/UK

Non-Irish citizens

If you want to work during your holiday in Ireland, you need to apply for a Working Holiday Authorisation (WHA) from your nearest Irish Embassy/Consulate or relevant organisation.

Advertisement