Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Golf Membership

Options
  • 08-05-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I work in Roganstown Golf Club and I thought that it might be of interest to some of you still on the look out for golf club membership that the membership offer at the moment for the remainder of the year in Roganstown is €960 which includes full golf & leisure centre membership including pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and gym. You also get 4 green fees and 2 leisure centre guest passes!!
    Golf course is open all year round due to the drainage and has never used temporary tees or greens.
    Anyone looking for more information can call or email the golf shop or PM me on here.
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Stackstown have increased their annual fees inc levies etc to €1429, thats a 10% increase and a big ask for a club that suffers a lot in the winter due to it being on high ground. Best of luck to them, but I have a feeling they will lose more than they gain by such a move as there are a lot of options out there.

I think clubs are killing themselves by putting off the casual golfer who plays about 20 games a year .... thats about €70 a game in Stackstown !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Russman

Dtoffee wrote: »
    Stackstown have increased their annual fees inc levies etc to €1429, thats a 10% increase and a big ask for a club that suffers a lot in the winter due to it being on high ground. Best of luck to them, but I have a feeling they will lose more than they gain by such a move as there are a lot of options out there.

I think clubs are killing themselves by putting off the casual golfer who plays about 20 games a year .... thats about €70 a game in Stackstown !

That's a big jump alright. Might come back to haunt them as it's taking them up into the realm of a few better courses IMO. They would have been on my radar as an option if I was looking to join somewhere in or around the previous price point, but for just shy of €1,500 I'd be looking elsewhere tbh. Are they close to being full and maybe trying to limit new members ? Or do they need the additional cash to stay afloat ?

Wonder is it a sign of improving things in the golf market ?
    In that general location I hear two other clubs have taken in 40, and interviewed 35, new members respectively in the last few weeks. Is the tiger back ??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dtoffee wrote: »

I guess they have done their maths...perhaps they dont want/need new members and dont think that 10% is going to lose them anyone?

Members clubs want members who dont play that often...thats the gold ticket.
    My own club had a large percentage of these members through the years, but its pretty much gone now, anyone who joins plays regular golf.

Problem is you cant cheapen the membership and hope you get some of these guys, you have to go down the 3-4-5 day member route....problem is casual golfers want to play golf on the same 2-3 days of the week as everyone else.

Advertisement