Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iomega screenplay has died help

• 08-05-2014 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

i have 2 x 1tb iomega screenplays, one of them makes a clicking noise so i am just using that for storage, but my other one is flashing up iomega on the tv like its starting to boot up and then goes black screen, i can still view my files on the laptop, i think its fried
    i went to harvey normans to get a replacement but all they have are the wdtv types with no hard drive, can anyone recommend a good set up, i download a lot of tv shows and watch them and share with others, so streaming isnt an option

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Try get new firmware for your iomega...I had same problem as yourself and this did the trick.
    Its hard enough find the file online but its easy enough to do.

It warns you about losing all your data but there is an option to select/deselect whether or not you want to keep your media.

Also the way I used my Iomega plugged to my TV was as a mass storage device via USB.
    The drivers on modern TV's (mine is 4 years old) recognise much more formats than the iomega does.
    For this to work you must have your TV switched on, iomega connected to TV via USB(you may leave all other leads plugged in),,,and switch the iomega on from the front panel(not the remote)
    If you switch on using remote it will go to default iomega navigation.
    Try it...if your TV is anyway modern this is the way to go.
    I used have the iomega on the network as a server to down load to and watch all my stuff this way.
    I since bought an XNMC box and the iomega is gathering dust as streaming really is the way to go now!!
    Marty

Advertisement