Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

normakelle wrote: »

fast forward about three hours later got call from loyalty offering me 9 months half price and sky sports for 1 euro for 12 months. I thought it was too good to be true but sure enough got the email the next day so happy out with that.

So big thanks to whoever started this thread

Can I ask what sky sports channels you got, is it all of them?

Can anybody give me tips on how to get the sports channels included for €1? I contacted VM today, they offered me €30 off for the first 6 months but nothing on sports. I refused and followed through with the cancelation. Should I expect them to contact me closer to the time with more offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭kooga

guys anybody getting the offer of skysports for €1 a month for 12 months when they recontract? thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

yes I did, was paying 32 per month. when loyalty rang they gave me nine months half price and sports 1 euro for 12 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

i didn't ask for anything I just cancelled my package, they rang me. the sky sports package which is normally 40 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

normakelle wrote: »
    i didn't ask for anything I just cancelled my package, they rang me. the sky sports package which is normally 40 euro

Fair play, that’s a great deal you got.. hopefully I’ll get offered the same or I’ll be jumping ship!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

They didn't bother calling me. Cancelled last week. €54 a month for 240mb bb is the best they would do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Eir now giving 1500 supervalu points with B.B. and phone deal. I signed up today before I received deal from supervalue :( I have emailed eir to see if I can get the points. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Millem wrote: »
    Eir now giving 1500 supervalu points with B.B. and phone deal. I signed up today before I received deal from supervalue :( I have emailed eir to see if I can get the points. Fingers crossed

I believe there's usually a cooling off period (7 days?) where you're free to cancel the contract.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Fnz wrote: »
    I believe there's usually a cooling off period (7 days?) where you're free to cancel the contract.

Does this also apply to the vendor?
    E.g. I have an e-mailed contract from Virgin from last Friday- stating my annual contract broken into two 6 months period, and what I'll be paying per month for each of the 6 month periods. As of yesterday evening- I have a new e-mail telling me my discount of 3.51 (bit of a weird amount- however, that's what they say it is) is being discountinued from the 1st Jan- despite my contract which I got off them 2 days previous.........

Am I entitled to wave the e-mail from Friday in their faces and demand they keep their side of the contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I thought their reasoning behind removing the discount was hilarious. Basically saying we gave the discount to encourage people to move away from paper billing and to manage their account online. Now that most people have moved over we're removing the discount.

If I switch back to paper billing would it cost me any extra, seeing as there's no discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Wheety wrote: »
    I thought their reasoning behind removing the discount was hilarious. Basically saying we gave the discount to encourage people to move away from paper billing and to manage their account online. Now that most people have moved over we're removing the discount.

If I switch back to paper billing would it cost me any extra, seeing as there's no discount?

That's a good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Maybe we should all opt back in to paper billing as a protest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm on the 360mb and phone package. Rang up and outlined my alternative providers. 1st offer was a €15 discount refused that and pointed out that while headline speeds are great, that throughput and stability were just as important and the savings offered by switching to a different provider when I live in an area that has 100mb available on phone lines outweighed the benefit of any headline speed.
    They then upped the offer to 6 months half price.

Happy with the outcome.

On the other hand, the lack of webchat availability and any meaningful support from the Social Media team when sorting this really went a long way towards me considering moving my service.
    Contacted Virgin by every channel available (Boards, Twitter, FB) and outlined the situation. Unable to actually speak, yet I was consistently directed to 1908, or to the non functional web chat service.
    I'm currently unable to speak and as such the 1908 service isn't an option for me.
    I did get it sorted, but with no thanks to VM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Just off phone with them. Offered half price (€47) for six months then full price for the remaining 6 months and was told I can renegotiate at the end of the new contract. Happy enough with that. For the course of a potential 18 month contract with Eir I would have spent 1326 and with Virgin 1410, but the potential to save again in 12 months time or just walk away is worth it for now. Plus I don't have to worry about changing equipment or losing recordings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Does this also apply to the vendor?
    E.g. I have an e-mailed contract from Virgin from last Friday- stating my annual contract broken into two 6 months period, and what I'll be paying per month for each of the 6 month periods. As of yesterday evening- I have a new e-mail telling me my discount of 3.51 (bit of a weird amount- however, that's what they say it is) is being discountinued from the 1st Jan- despite my contract which I got off them 2 days previous.........

Am I entitled to wave the e-mail from Friday in their faces and demand they keep their side of the contract?

Yes I've done it before with them they added the extra money to my account.

In my case price went up €3 went back to them and said you agreed x price on x date. they credited the account €36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Do you have a pre-existing phone line (even disconnected) coming into the property? It won't necessarily be the same route as the Virgin cable.

I imagine there is/was a phone line coming in somewhere but no idea where. There is no evidence of it inside the house. I'm hoping they can come in via the meter box maybe? do they need to run a cable to the Eir Vision TV box or is/can that be done via wifi?

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I imagine there is/was a phone line coming in somewhere but no idea where. There is no evidence of it inside the house. I'm hoping they can come in via the meter box maybe? do they need to run a cable to the Eir Vision TV box or is/can that be done via wifi?

Has to be cabled, you wouldn't have sufficient bandwidth via wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Took a week to call me back.
    Started with €10 off for 3 months. Then €15 off for six months.
    Now half price for six months on BB only package.

Funny enough, the confirmation email I received states €50pm after six months instead of the €55. I wonder if they messed that up a bit. Either way I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

Tried webchat yesterday - offered tenner off for 6 months. Pointed out I was offered 6 months half price week and half ago via phone.
    No record of that they said. So I cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Ranelite wrote: »
    Tried webchat yesterday - offered tenner off for 6 months. Pointed out I was offered 6 months half price week and half ago via phone.
    No record of that they said. So I cancelled.

can you cancel over webchat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

4real wrote: »
    can you cancel over webchat?
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

They're offering me nothing online lads, is it better on the phone? Also I didn't realise that you have to give 30 days notice to cancel. That's a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

If you got half-price last year, it looks like they aren't willing to budge at all this year. Best offer they will give is 15 off for 6 months

doctorg wrote: »
    If you got half-price last year, it looks like they aren't willing to budge at all this year. Best offer they will give is 15 off for 6 months

I had 6 months last year, and been offered it again. They even offered for me to drop down to a lower package with half price on that.

I really want 9 months, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭bromley52

I got 4 months at half price lat Apr 17 on 240mb bb and phone. I rang again last week after getting the price increase email and got 6 months half price. I have been getting at least 4 to 6 months half price for years. Always ring loyalty and always be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Basil3 wrote: »
    I had 6 months last year, and been offered it again. They even offered for me to drop down to a lower package with half price on that.

I really want 9 months, though.

For me they wouldn't budge at all, possibly because I have the base package for broadband and you have TV + Broadband ?

For me they wouldn't budge at all, possibly because I have the base package for broadband and you have TV + Broadband ?

No, just broadband, but the fastest one.

I have BB and home phone- no tv- I've had 9 months, 9 months and 6 months half price for each of the last 3 years- and have another 6 months half price from 1st December.

Are you sure you rang the 061 number for the loyalty team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Funny enough, the confirmation email I received states €50pm after six months instead of the €55. I wonder if they messed that up a bit.

Virgin?
    Surely not ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem wrote: »

JUST to update :
    You can get the supervalu through my eir. You apply for them after your service is active ;)

Advertisement