Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭bromley52

geecee wrote: »
    Just on to them there and they refused to budge from 15 off (79 to 64) for 6 months
    Very unimpressed when I see all and sundry getting half price for 6 months here

Make sure you are talking to the loyalty team on 061272190.
    Talking to anyone else is usually a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

bromley52 wrote: »
    Make sure you are talking to the loyalty team on 061272190.
    Talking to anyone else is usually a waste of time.

I was on to loyalty team, but he stood firm. will try again tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I got 6 months half price on BB & home phone on their chat system yesterday, took about 45 mins between queuing for the loyalty dept and then the battle back and forth for half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

I got 6 months half price on BB & home phone on their chat system yesterday, took about 45 mins between queuing for the loyalty dept and then the battle back and forth for half price.

ha. I tried what you did and got offered €59 X 12 or the broadband only offer of €54 X 12 with a €30 activation fee. I wasn't impressed and that's why I cancelled. I'll have to ring now and ask again in a different voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm already on a discount until next June

€90 down to €54 for TV and broadband, this will rise to €57 odd

Anyone in the same boat and what discount did you get?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'm already on a discount until next June

€90 down to €54 for TV and broadband, this will rise to €57 odd

Anyone in the same boat and what discount did you get?

Thanks

Am I reading you wrong or do you want a discount on a discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd like my discount extended, I'll have to sign for 12 months. Or something else on top

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'd like my discount extended, I'll have to sign for 12 months. Or something else on top

While you are in a contract they will not enter in to discussions with you about any sort of a new deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Sorry if asked numerous times, but how is the cancellation notice period impacted by a change of terms. For example, let's say I was on a monthly contract, with one months notice. I am then notified mid-month that the costs are being increased by €5 per month from next month. Is the one month's notice period waived due to the change in terms of contract? Or an I still bound by it and have to pay up to the end of next month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

That's similar to me. I also want my deal extended. When I rang they said you already have a discount for 4 more months. Then I said about the email and the service charge being added on, but was told that my discount there wouldn't be removed, which I actually don't really believe.

As in, I got the email, so my contract is currently open I assume. So I think I'm within my rights to cancel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

Called VM this morning.

Stephen (a pure gent) in CS put me onto Loyalty.

After speaking with his manager, Daniel, finally offered me 240mb for 9 months half price (29), remaining 3 months full of a 12-month contract.

I checked Eir and my area in Tallaght is to go live in Q1 for Gigabit. I also complained about the removal of the VM app which I used, that I don't want a landline as I will be spammed.

Today, a LAN cable speed test was 140mb while on their 360 package. I mentioned this also and the outages I was having. They offered me a ?Red House Tech next week before I take the deal with a window of 2/52 to take up the offer.

Hope that helps some of ye!

FTT

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

FTT2004 wrote: »
    Called VM this morning.

Stephen (a pure gent) in CS put me onto Loyalty.

After speaking with his manager, Daniel, finally offered me 240mb for 9 months half price (29), remaining 3 months full of a 12-month contract.

I checked Eir and my area in Tallaght is to go live in Q1 for Gigabit. I also complained about the removal of the VM app which I used, that I don't want a landline as I will be spammed.

Today, a LAN cable speed test was 140mb while on their 360 package. I mentioned this also and the outages I was having. They offered me a ?Red House Tech next week before I take the deal with a window of 2/52 to take up the offer.

Hope that helps some of ye!

FTT

What app did they remove? I use the VM app on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I never got the email!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

offered 6 months with 15 off, 6 months full. Pushed and got the rubbishing their competitors propoganda. Pushed further and told they would "check with manager" and then told I could get 6 months half price, 6 months full price but this would be the last time. Anyone else have them say it was the last time? I just said that's fine as I'll just cancel in 12 months if there isn't a better offer than full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I cancelled my Virgin tv, B.B. and phone.
    I was offered €15 off for 3 months. Signed up with eir, but it’s not in yet. Husband is a bit apprehensive after article in Irish Times. Rang Virgin loyalty today got offered 6 months half price, tv, B.B. and phone. Asked could I just get B.B. and phone they said it would be full price for 12 months €59 :( so left it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

fmul9798 wrote: »
    offered 6 months with 15 off, 6 months full. Pushed and got the rubbishing their competitors propoganda. Pushed further and told they would "check with manager" and then told I could get 6 months half price, 6 months full price but this would be the last time. Anyone else have them say it was the last time? I just said that's fine as I'll just cancel in 12 months if there isn't a better offer than full price.
    The poor pet probably just said that as some sort of power trip after manager overruled them.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

There was a bit of an attitude on their part. I went as far as calling them out on their tone, which I wouldnt do unless it was blatant. I was more than polite but also firm when presenting the competitors...
    The poor pet probably just said that as some sort of power trip after manager overruled them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

fmul9798 wrote: »
    There was a bit of an attitude on their part. I went as far as calling them out on their tone, which I wouldnt do unless it was blatant. I was more than polite but also firm when presenting the competitors...

You try doing their ****ty job and see if you don't have a bit of an attitude every once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

To be fair that was my similar attempt since i was earliest here to call em for contract change this year and it got me nowhere having attitude of my own, even speaking with manager it was take it or leave it, next time got some bloke on the phone asking how the weather was in the county :) just regular chat etc,said he could offer 3mo half price and i said f it why not if thats the last offer, after thanking got contract with 6 months and it was September thus many were still locked in contract and no one looked to change or upgrade.
    Still conviced having normal approach gotten me the deal, since lashing onto some tier1 call center worker will do jack $hit as they rarely can make any decisions,and have to deal with constant smart ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

What’s the deadline for getting a new deal or canceling? The original poster said 7th December is this the same for everyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What’s the deadline for getting a new deal or canceling? The original poster said 7th December is this the same for everyone ?

30 days from the email/ letter you received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

If it helps anyone, here was my approach:

Prepared my speeches, called, got 6 months half price. All within 5 minutes.

Speeches: 'I just really couldn't afford it anymore.' , 'I would love to stay as I love the service that I have received so far, but I just can't afford it anymore.' , 'I am going with Vodafone who would provide a much more inferior service than what you have, I know, but at least I can afford 20 or 30 euro a month compared to 55.'

They didn't even argue. As soon as I was passed onto loyalty, I was offered the half price straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭sector_000

Was on 360 mobile max plan (BB, TV, landline)... nearing end of 2nd year of 9 month half price. Hitting ~€96/month. Got the email & rang loyalty. Was very pleasant. Told several times no more 9 month half price as i had it before. Just kept asking pleasantly. Got it with a drop down to 50 channel TV. Same 360 BB & mobile world phone plan. Works out at €720/year. (€52 x9, €84 x 3).

Still way more than the EIR €400/yr offer... but a better product.

It'd be nice if there was something midway between the 2 product offerings. But the horror stories of EIR put me off the hassle of changing. Been with VM since Chorus days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭Patser

3 calls over 3 weeks -

1st offer - downgrade of services, €25 off for 6 months, €15 off for 6 from original bill

2nd offer - same as above

3rd offer - lovely chat with a Cork sounding Girl about Christmas, 6 months half price keep all services. That'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Called there and was told that since I got the "deal" last year that they couldn't offer me half price.

Was paying 86e / month for 240MB line and 100 or so channels.

Said that they could offer 64e for the first six months up to 79e for the remaining, minus 50 TV channels.

I took it because I'm useless at playing bad cop. :pac:

Feel a bit better as I was on to Sky who said my address would only be eligible for an 80MB line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just tried there, nice girl but she was adamant that €15 off a month for six months was the absolutely best she could do on our current package. Might try again tomorrow and see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭baldbear

Just tried there, nice girl but she was adamant that €15 off a month for six months was the absolutely best she could do on our current package. Might try again tomorrow and see how I get on.

You just have the broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

me_irl wrote: »
    Called there and was told that since I got the "deal" last year that they couldn't offer me half price.

Was paying 86e / month for 240MB line and 100 or so channels.

Said that they could offer 64e for the first six months up to 79e for the remaining, minus 50 TV channels.

I took it because I'm useless at playing bad cop. :pac:

Feel a bit better as I was on to Sky who said my address would only be eligible for an 80MB line!

That's the best about the chat, you don't cave in as easily. I just kept saying cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

jca wrote: »
    That's the best about the chat, you don't cave in as easily. I just kept saying cancel.

I do usually use the chat (because it's great having something in text that can't be misconstrued and the fact the transcript is emailed to you afterwards).

But I read that another poster tried this and they took him/her up on it! Didn't want to risk that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just off the chat with them there, was passed to loyalty quickly. Said i wouldnt be able afford to keep the service at the new increased price. They offered me 15 off for 6 months and then full. Said i wouldnt be able keep it at that price, she went to supervisor and then came back with 6 months half price and then full, took it. Probably could have pushed for a little more but the 6 months was what i wanted so its not bad.

Advertisement