Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭pj12332

Inviere wrote: »
    Same. Brings it to €29.50 for 6 months, then up to €59 a month thereafter, which is lower than the €61'ish I was going to be paying on the old package.

Same as me too. Might try for 9 half price again in the morning haha. Did any of you get confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Just Came across this thread. Pay 79.50 pm for virgin media Tv, phone and BB. Have been with them for years and have never had a special offer with them. It seems to be worth my while giving them a call on this. What type of reduction
    Would be available to me do you think? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭b1964

pj12332 wrote: »
    Same as me too. Might try for 9 half price again in the morning haha. Did any of you get confirmation email?

yes got confirmation email for 9 months at half price , about an hour after the phone call

snor wrote: »
    Just Came across this thread. Pay 79.50 pm for virgin media Tv, phone and BB. Have been with them for years and have never had a special offer with them. It seems to be worth my while giving them a call on this. What type of reduction
    Would be available to me do you think? Many thanks.

Hold out for 9 months at half price , don't accept anything less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

b1964 wrote: »
    Hold out for 9 months at half price , don't accept anything less

Called them again after agreeing to 6 months half price deal yesterday. Spoke to a guy in the cancellation team and he told me that 6 months was the best i could get. I told him that I know many people who got 9 months half price deal and he told me that it's not coming up in his computer. I told him that your colleagues usually "check with their supervisors" and asked him to do the same but he told me that he can't really offer more than 6 months half price but loyalty team might be able to offer that. He told me to call them back tomorrow as they are now closed.

Will give them a call tomorrow and see how it will go.

• Advertisement

Amouar wrote: »
    Called them again after agreeing to 6 months half price deal yesterday. Spoke to a guy in the cancellation team and he told me that 6 months was the best i could get. I told him that I know many people who got 9 months half price deal and he told me that it's not coming up in his computer. I told him that your colleagues usually "check with their supervisors" and asked him to do the same but he told me that he can't really offer more than 6 months half price but loyalty team might be able to offer that. He told me to call them back tomorrow as they are now closed.

One-offMonthly LIMITLESS 240MB AND MOBILE CALLS (Active)-€57.50 - €28.75LOYALTY OFFER - 9 MONTHS HALF PRICEPromotional Monthly Charge €28.75 Monthly Charge after all offers expire

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

b1964 wrote: »
    One-offMonthly LIMITLESS 240MB AND MOBILE CALLS (Active)-€57.50 - €28.75LOYALTY OFFER - 9 MONTHS HALF PRICEPromotional Monthly Charge €28.75 Monthly Charge after all offers expire

Why not bump it up to the 360Mb (if you've kids all streaming HD streams and gaming at the same time- it makes sense)........?

I use it to host a 6 way HD video conference call once a week with siblings scattered around the globe.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭dubrov

I think I have had 6, 6 and 9 months half price in the last 3 years for TV and broadband. Called today and the best I was offered was 15 off for 9 months. I was never even offered 3 months half price which used to be offered instantly.

I went all the way to cancel in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I went thru the whole shenanigan again... first offer 3months @half price 2nd offer 9 months €15 off per month, third offer 6 months @half price...which I accepted. I didn't know that they could go to 9 months the @half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭geriatric

I’m on BB and home phone, didn’t get an email but rang anyway. I was told that I won’t be getting a price increase so not able to cancel contract. Apparently I was paying the higher price already (59€) so no hikes for me.

Stuck in contract now, anyone else with same experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Seve OB wrote: »
    thanks, just rang them

was offered straight away to hold my current price with 10 off for 6 months than back to 59.

told him to cut to the chase and I want 9 months at half price. he said no way because I only have phone and broadband.

I mentioned boards.... he has put me on hold.... taking the next call no doubt, while pretending to speak with his manager :D

came back and offered me connect 240 bundle at 59, 6 months at half price or 9 months at 15 off.

taking the 6 months at half price..... happy enough with that TBH

Hey Seve what do u mean u mentioned Boards is there a Coupon Code?

Is there a direct number for the loyalty team?

Amouar wrote: »

Did you get a direct number for the loyalty team??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Got the letter about the increase and rang up VM, I'm on a 360mb bundle, first offer was €10 off for 6 months, said no to this, second offer was half price for 3 months, said no to this and after a lot of discussion, was offered half price for 9 months, accepted, will be a customer for another 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Well done Zicon. Can I ask you what number you called.
    Did you tell them you wrr going to switch provider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I always ring 1908 ... I think I'll ring back and try for the 9 months half price (got the 6 months half price yesterday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Ziycon wrote: »
    Got the letter about the increase and rang up VM, I'm on a 360mb bundle, first offer was €10 off for 6 months, said no to this, second offer was half price for 3 months, said no to this and after a lot of discussion, was offered half price for 9 months, accepted, will be a customer for another 12 months.

Ffs i must Have given up to easy.im gonna try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just called and was told it's only the older cheaper plans that are getting this increase.

I signed up in April for 240mm bb and phone for €59 with the first 6 months half price.

Haven't received an email or letter. Did anyone else on this plan get told the increase applies to them?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

snor wrote: »
    Well done Zicon. Can I ask you what number you called.
    Did you tell them you wrr going to switch provider?
    1908 and pressed 1 for the charge increase letter.

I spent some time before hand working out eir and sky prices compared to my own package and used that as leverage.
    Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Just called and was told it's only the older cheaper plans that are getting this increase.
    That can't be true as I'm one of the more expensive packages and the package itself I was on was only a couple of years old if even that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I've tried twice for 9 months half price but they won't budge. Unsure whether or not to take the 6 months or switch providers, anyone else have any experience with sky or Eir or any other ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hey Seve what do u mean u mentioned Boards is there a Coupon Code?

I mean I told them there is a thread on boards where loads of people are listing their deals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

On the phone here now. I have told them im leaving. 58.50 for 240mb bb only is scandalous. Sky are doing tv and up to 100mb bb for 50 for 12 months. I'll see what they come back with.

At some point enough is enough.

On the phone here now. I have told them im leaving. 58.50 for 240mb bb only is scandalous. Sky are doing tv and up to 100mb bb for 50 for 12 months. I'll see what they come back with.

At some point enough is enough.

89 for the equivalent with virgin. Fxxk off.

Ok fourth attempt and finally success. I'm on 240mb BB and phone. Was offered 10 off. Then 15 off for six months. Declined them. Third call was offered 6 months half price. Pushed for 9 and couldn't get it. That was yesterday. Was told no to 9 months because I could only get 12mb broadband from sky in my house. So left it at the 6 months half price until today. Rang 1908 and asked to get through to retention team.Was told only 6 again. Mentioned boards again asked her to go to supervisor. She did twice and no luck. She came back and said no one with broadband only was getting 9 months half price. So I pulled up that and said that virgin are on boards and there are loads of broadband only customers who are getting 9 months half price. She came back and offered me 9 half price straight away. Ten minutes earlier it was being cancelled. She actually said ok we will go through and cancel. It was only when I mentioned boards and said her supervisor was lying to me that she agreed to give me 9 months. I don't even think they are talking about I supervisors. She was audibly pissed off at the end. I could tell by her voice. But she got it sorted. I was polite but firm.

In end for 240mb I got

9 months @ 27.50
    3 months @55.00

Ok fourth attempt and finally success. I'm on 240mb BB and phone. Was offered 10 off. Then 15 off for six months. Declined them. Third call was offered 6 months half price. Pushed for 9 and couldn't get it. That was yesterday. Was told no to 9 months because I could only get 12mb broadband from sky in my house. So left it at the 6 months half price until today. Rang 1908 and asked to get through to retention team.wad told only 6 again. Mentioned boards again asked her to go to supervisor. She did twice and no luck. She came back and said no one with broadband only was getting 9 months half price. So I pulled up that and said that virgin are on boards and there are loads of broadband only customers who are getting 9 months half price. She came back and offered me 9 half price straight away. Ten minutes earlier it was being cancelled. She actually said ok we will go through and cancel. It was only when I mentioned boards and said her supervisor was lying to me that she agreed to give me 9 months. I don't even think they are talking about I supervisors. She was audibly pissed off at the end. I could tell by her voice. But she got it sorted. I was polite but firm.

In end for 240mb I got

9 months @ 27.50
    3 months @55.00

Thanks for the info. I will mention boards now.

Best i could get was 9 months at 45 and then up to 58.50.

Only on 240mb bb. I have issued notice to cancel.

A shocking company. Another price rise. I'll take my chances with Sky.

Thanks for the info. I will mention boards now.

Hardest I've ever had to work for anything. As opposed to yesterday She said main reason i wasn't getting 9 half price was cause I got it last year. So I pointed out I have not got 9 half price in last two years. That was big factor too.

Best i could get was 9 months at 45 and then up to 58.50.

Only on 240mb bb. I have issued notice to cancel.

A shocking company. Another price rise. I'll take my chances with Sky.

Honestly ring back and ask for retention. Dont give up. Took 4 or 5 calls and different people for me.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ok fourth attempt and finally success. I'm on 240mb BB and phone. Was offered 10 off. Then 15 off for six months. Declined them. Third call was offered 6 months half price. Pushed for 9 and couldn't get it. That was yesterday. Was told no to 9 months because I could only get 12mb broadband from sky in my house. So left it at the 6 months half price until today. Rang 1908 and asked to get through to retention team.Was told only 6 again. Mentioned boards again asked her to go to supervisor. She did twice and no luck. She came back and said no one with broadband only was getting 9 months half price. So I pulled up that and said that virgin are on boards and there are loads of broadband only customers who are getting 9 months half price. She came back and offered me 9 half price straight away. Ten minutes earlier it was being cancelled. She actually said ok we will go through and cancel. It was only when I mentioned boards and said her supervisor was lying to me that she agreed to give me 9 months. I don't even think they are talking about I supervisors. She was audibly pissed off at the end. I could tell by her voice. But she got it sorted. I was polite but firm.

In end for 240mb I got

9 months @ 27.50
    3 months @55.00

Have you gotten you confirmation email yet cause all deal are all been done on the new price of €59 not €55. I was 100% told that the discounts offered to me were on the new price and not the old plan of €55.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have you gotten you confirmation email yet cause all deal are all been done on the new price of €59 not €55. I was 100% told that the discounts offered to me were on the new price and not the old plan of €55.

I asked her to send an email. She said another team does it and will have today or tomorrow. Ye I was surprised at the 55 too. Maybe she mis read it. Will confirm when I get it (if I get it haha)

Advertisement