Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

shardylan wrote: »
    Got offered €44 for 6mths then €59 said no
    Then €29.50 for 6months €59 said no & told them would stay if got 9mth half off they immediately texted back saying ok 9mths half off
    Very easy .esp considering I’ve had mths past 4 years .
    All done through text
    +353 (86) 180 2387

Did you contact them via txt 1st?. Eg that number?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Did you contact them via txt 1st?. Eg that number?

Yes I did . Told them I wanted to cancel because of price increase
    I had tried since yesterday to get them on chat but it was offline

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

My experience was I rang up looking for 9 months half price. Best they offered was 6 months so cancelled. Got phone call about week later trying to get me to stay so they offered me 9 months. Happy with that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

shardylan wrote: »
    Yes I did . Told them I wanted to cancel because of price increase
    I had tried since yesterday to get them on chat but it was offline

Was that number from their site or something? Did you ahve to include your account details or did they recognize the number? Might do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Was that number from their site or something? Did you ahve to include your account details or did they recognize the number? Might do the same.

If you try go to chat it’s the number given if you want to contact them .Its on their website
    I emailed because I was having issues receiving contract details and they knew all about the texts so it’s all legit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    they also told me that even if I stopped my service now I wouldn't be a new customer until this time next year.
    That is you being a new customer. The trick people are doing is having their partner/spouse, housemate, friend, parent etc sign up as the new customer.

Just used the txt number. Thanks op

1/2 price for 9 months and full price for 3 months.

Replacement box on the way to.

I don't think I have paid full price in about 4 or 5 years at this stage!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just used the txt number. Thanks op

1/2 price for 9 months and full price for 3 months.

Replacement box on the way to.

I don't think I have paid full price in about 4 or 5 years at this stage!!!!

What number did you use?

What number did you use?

+353 86 180 2387 is the number i used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

+353 86 180 2387 is the number i used.

I used this too but be sure to check your current package against a new one I got them to 9 months but when I checked it out they were charging me 110 per month for a contract that cost 80. So I told them that and highlighted it’s not as good as they make out. To make u all a bit sick got 12 months half price. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This thread is 4yrs old. You'd think they'd have found a better way to handle this by now.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

beauf wrote: »
    This thread is 4yrs old. You'd think they'd have found a better way to handle this by now.

They have... by Text :pac::pac:

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Virgin said they'll give me BB for 52.50 for 12 months; currently paying 56 so it'll go up to 59.50 in January.

Am out of contract currently so if I go for their offer (not the most appealing, they could've done better) and had to cancel for any reason I'd be looking at 200 cancellation fee.

Tried pitching for their Naked Broadband offer but you have to be a new customer; they also told me that even if I stopped my service now I wouldn't be a new customer until this time next year.

True, but you could get setup under another person in the houses name (if you're living with someone).

Never accept their first offer, and the be honest, never accept their 2nd or probably 3rd either. You should be able to get 6 months half price, or at best 9 months half price, but you need to talk to them with some basis as to why you should get it for cheaper. If they offer you some crap "deal" just quote back how much you could save by going with some other company. They might respond saying how fast Virgins speeds are, but i'd counter that by saying "at some point, fast it just fast. There's 2 of us in the house, and 60mb is fast enough to not be frustrating."

Do you expect to have to cancel in the next 12 months? If you do the maths, and if you got half price for 9 months, after 7 months you'd have saved more than €200 as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

Just rang vm re price increase and was told again that my package price would not be increased.

It seems i have the latest bundle 360 connect, bb+ phone.

Other vm customers that have 360 bb but are on a older bundle package are liable for price rise.

Oh well, does not make sense to me but looks like no potential deal for me this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Does anyone know what time the loyalty team are on until this evening?

Also, can anyone recommend a good call recording app please?

They screwed me over last time, reneging on the deal we made last year, denying all knowledge of its existence, so I want to be prepared this time around if they pull that stunt again and have proof of what was said.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Just use the text service it’s all there then
    Moyglish wrote: »

They screwed me over last time, reneging on the deal we made last year, denying all knowledge of its existence, so I want to be prepared this time around if they pull that stunt again and have proof of what was said.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Moyglish wrote: »

Thanks!

I was told by text they're there til 7pm if you call.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks guys, just off the phone, best I could get was 6 months half price, so I said to go ahead with the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

are they increasing prices again? I've 5 weeks left of 240MB BB and unused phone deal half price for 6mths and 59 presently. waiting patiently for 30 day period to hound them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do the loyalty team work weekends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭kindalen

are they increasing prices again? I've 5 weeks left of 240MB BB and unused phone deal half price for 6mths and 59 presently. waiting patiently for 30 day period to hound them.

Yes. Was on to them yesterday and got 9 months half price on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Was on their 59 euro bb,phone and tv deal. That went up to 89 last month. They're now adding an extra 2 euro to it. Rang them to cancel. They agreed to not implement the 2 euro increase.

I laughed. I told them I wanted the 59euro deal again that they're offering new customers. They wouldn't give it to me so I've cancelled. I'm sure I'll get a call at some stage offering me some B's deal but if they can do 59 for new customers, they can reward loyalty and give it to me too.

In the event that I don't get it, sky have a deal that I'll move to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wouldn't it be great if bonkers.ie had details of the deals people were doing, not just the list price?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wouldn't it be great if bonkers.ie had details of the deals people were doing, not just the list price?

Seeing we have all gotten different deals- I don't think it would be fair or possible to try and enumerate whats happening out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its a shambles every year

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

Seeing we have all gotten different deals- I don't think it would be fair or possible to try and enumerate whats happening out there.
    Hello to, The Conductor. If the free market is to work or indeed "Bargains" is to function, we should all know exactly what others have paid. The supermarkets etc make their prices known and we should all let each other know so that we can get the best deals possible. I for one move my gas and electricity almost every year and as I am paying €100 most months I will change to get a better deal. Most of the providers are middlemen for producers, tho not all. With respect knowledge is power.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Whats the number for text? Can't see it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Whats the number for text? Can't see it online?

086 180 2387. I was told by text this morning though to ring 1908 to have my account reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Going to call them tomorrow. I know before when I mentioned 9 months half price they tried to deny that anyone got that offer so they asked if I could give them an example. Would anyone here that has got that deal this year be so kind as to send me their first name and account number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hello to, The Conductor. If the free market is to work or indeed "Bargains" is to function, we should all know exactly what others have paid. The supermarkets etc make their prices known and we should all let each other know so that we can get the best deals possible.
    Supermarkets have to display their prices by law. Many deliberately hide their prices online and are seemingly afraid to do so. I have heard attempted arguments for this before but none wash with me. Any shop could upload their own excel list of current products and prices and have a disclaimer that they may be different in store.

People have attempted to set up price comparison sites for supermarkets here and they do not want to take part.

Even if all shops did have up to dates prices for all products in all stores it is still not open. I do not know what vouchers people are using or getting from supermarkets in the post. Loyalty schemes etc. I have been shocked at the money I got off at times and disappointed at other times.

There are a huge amount of reasons VM might change prices. Do you use a lot of data, do they know there is no alternative in your area -or that alternatives are crap or very expensive, have you a history of asking for money off, how many people you have listed as being in your house.

Advertisement