Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

I just called to cancel. Broadband and phone only. Out of contract. Siro/Vodafone is available in my area so all I had do to is say they are €25 for first 6 months.
    First offer €15 off for 6 months, next offer €15 off for 9 months. I told her I wanted half price for 9 months and I got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Rang to cancel and they eventually offered my 9 months at 50 euro and 3 months at 79, if I drop to the lower TV package. I decided to cancel anyway as Sky Q has much better software and I think the sky BB is fast enough for me.

From your experience, do they call closer to the cancellation date with a better offer or is 9 months the best I'll get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Jacovs wrote: »
    Current price for our 240mb broadband, tv and phone is 85 a month. Had 6 months half price first part of the year.
    Called them yesterday and all she offered me was 3 months at 64 then 9 months at 79. Then after speaking to her supervisor she came back with 64 for 9 months and 79 for 3 months.
    I told her from the start of the conversation I would just cancel and have my wife sign up at the new customer price of 59 for 12 months. Seems like the way to go.

Update:
    Left it till today and text them. Straight away got offered 9 months at 49,50 and 3 months at 79.
    Better than new customer price, happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

contract came thru email today

"LOYALTY OFFER - 12 MONTHS HALF PRICE"

6 OFF FOR 12 MONTHS MRV PROMOTION

Gl guys

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Gl guys

Fair play. I got 240 MB BB and unused home phone for 29.50 for 9mths and remaining 3 months at 59euro over text messages. was happy with that as still had 5 weeks left on contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Gl guys

Fair play. I got 240 MB BB and unused home phone for 29.50 euro for 9mths and remaining 3 months at 59 euro over text messages. was happy with that as still had 5 weeks left on contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Jacovs wrote: »
    Update:
    Left it till today and text them. Straight away got offered 9 months at 49,50 and 3 months at 79.
    Better than new customer price, happy with that.

What number did you text?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Fair play. I got 240 MB BB and unused home phone for 29.50 euro for 9mths and remaining 3 months at 59 euro over text messages. was happy with that as still had 5 weeks left on contract

What do you put in the text?? Is it an automated response or is there a person on the end texting back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    What number did you text?

Same number as the online chat gives if they are too busy to handle any of the usual questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

I’m out too.

Long time customer since NTL days.

Dumped their TV offerings a few yrs ago, but still have bb & phone.

Best they’d offer was 6months half price & was advised not to believe everything I read on the internet when I asked for 9months half price like loads of others!

They took my 30 days cancellation notice over the phone & got email informing me of my disconnection date.

Now it’s just a matter of choosing a new supplier.
    As an update to the above: got call today saying my cancellation is in progress & asking if there was anything they could do to persuade me to stay. I said yes, 9 months half price, they said they’d be prepared to give me that so I accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Got 360 broadband and phone half price for 6 months and full for 6. Kinda gutted now I didn’t push them harder for half price for 9 months. Wonder could I ring again in the cooing off period and look for a new deal or cancel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Got 360 broadband and phone half price for 6 months and full for 6. Kinda gutted now I didn’t push them harder for half price for 9 months. Wonder could I ring again in the cooing off period and look for a new deal or cancel??
    Yes, you absolutely can, you can even cancel your cancellation within 30 days of giving 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tall chapy

Explained I am calling regarding the price rise and change of contract so I am here for a new deal. They offered €10 off and said no,no, no. I am a long time customer going back to the Cablelink days and I am not a big fan of going through this process, I do not want go up to 360mb and I really looking for a 9 month half price deal. They put me on hold and came back and said ok. So I am happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

im in same sitaution, got new deal way before the price hike was increased and gotten only 6mo half price on 360bb, thou one on the phone said she will put that in place for oct, meaning next year im out come October not November or December, 100 quid dearer but since looking at getting siro next year the faster the better.

Side note know someone who are getting siro and they were all over the place 3 weeks order in and many cancellations on installation date, will see if person gets 9-12 months on 25e plan, as there was talk about giving discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

im in same situation, got new deal way before the price hike was mentioned and gotten only 6mo half price on 360bb, thou one on the phone said she will put that in place for oct, meaning next year im out come October not November or December, 100 quid dearer but since looking at getting siro next year the faster the better.

Side note know someone who are getting siro and they were all over the place 3 weeks order in and many cancellations on installation date, will see if person gets 9-12 months on 25e plan, as there was talk about giving discount, due to them messing up setup on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I did that and got 9 months half price after initially agreeing to 6 months half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Is the latest u can cancel January 2019 without penalty?
    I'm just agreed 6 months half price two months ago but got the email to say I can cancel.
    So in January I can ring and negotiate again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

I got 64euro for 9 months followed by 3 months at 79euro. I told them nope. As I'm married my wife will just sign up on the new deal. Job done. Would prefer not to do all the paperwork but it's worth it to save money. Total saving €105. I'll do an hour's paperwork for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

iggy wrote: »
    Is the latest u can cancel January 2019 without penalty?
    I'm just agreed 6 months half price two months ago but got the email to say I can cancel.
    So in January I can ring and negotiate again?

This is what I don't understand.
    3 months ago I entered into 1 year contract 15off for 6 months then rising to 64.
    360 connect bb+phone.

VM told me the price increase does not effect me and I can not cancel/negotiate, but seems other members can who have taken out a contract later than I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

did u get an email about the price rise? if not then it does not apply - yet.. u likely will get one soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,390 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'm haggling now by text. They agreed to waive the upfront costs on a 2nd box to replace the analogue, but won't shift beyond 6 months half price.

Has anyone got 9 months half price with other freebies, like the free install?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm haggling now by text. They agreed to waive the upfront costs on a 2nd box to replace the analogue, but won't shift beyond 6 months half price.

I'm the same today, haggling, only getting 6 months, having none of the 9, I even mentioned boards! I'm out of contract in the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

did u get an email about the price rise? if not then it does not apply - yet.. u likely will get one soon

No email re price increase, but I rang cs twice over a week and was told this price rise would not effect me as I was on the latest bundle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My reply as to why some are getting 9 was ' It varies by each account, this isn't available to you, do you want to take the 6'

Not getting offered 9, only 6. May try Vodafone instead.

Think I'll just get other half to set up as new customer, pain in the ass but saves a few quid

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is'nt a new customer only like 6 months reduced, not even half price? Well for broadband anyway

Is'nt a new customer only like 6 months reduced, not even half price? Well for broadband anyway

Mine is a full tv/phone/broadband bundle, so its cheaper to sign up as a new customer than take 6 months 1/2, 6 full. If they went to 9 1/2 3 full I'd stay and take the small hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Rang up there and was offered €10 off for 6 months. I only have bb & phone with them (I don’t even have a phone)

I gave her the 30 days notice.

• Advertisement

Eventually the text told me to call 1908. Called and after being on hold for more than 10 minutes they came back and offered me the 9 months half price. Was just honest and said that I know others are getting 9 months half price and if not I didnt get it I would cancel as the others have cheaper deals.

Advertisement