Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Things backfired a bit on me today �� Paying €87 for BB, phone and basic tv - 120 broadband. Rang loyalty team looking for a deal - never had a deal before. Best they would give me was €69 for 9 months. I was pushing for the new customer deal they had on today - the €59 240mb broadband etc. Wouldn't give it to me - kept putting me on hold. Anyway, told them I was cancelling so they said ok �� Oh dear ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Has happened me before , I actually sent the cancellation email one year - you have to give one months notice so still have a month to sort it out!

When I did that I rang back a few days later and said my husband didn’t want to cancel but I did and unless they bettered the deal we’d be leaving. And got my 6/9 month half price then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads my contract was due to end yesterday but they never contacted me to collect equipment and my BB and TV is still working. Anyone else ever experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭raclle

Unless you've contacted them to let them know you're leaving your now in a rolling contract and will continue to recieve the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭dubrov

Lads my contract was due to end yesterday but they never contacted me to collect equipment and my BB and TV is still working. Anyone else ever experience this?

Did you actually cancel?
    If not the contract rolls over. You'll have to give a further months notice off you want to end the sub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

snor wrote: »
    Things backfired a bit on me today �� Paying €87 for BB, phone and basic tv - 120 broadband. Rang loyalty team looking for a deal - never had a deal before. Best they would give me was €69 for 9 months. I was pushing for the new customer deal they had on today - the €59 240mb broadband etc. Wouldn't give it to me - kept putting me on hold. Anyway, told them I was cancelling so they said ok �� Oh dear ��
    I'm in a similar situation, having given notice of cancelling.

Should I be waiting for their call to come grovelling to me, or do I need to think about Plan B? Sky's Black Friday deal looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

I gave notice of cancellation last week. Was paying 79 per month for last few months (was paying 50 euro per month with free sky sports for first 6 months). I got a call offering 50 euro for 12 months for same plan I'm currently paying 79 for.

I said no as I want eir and BT sports that virgin don't have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Currently paying €55 for 240 BB and phone, gave them a first call there now, best on offer was €44 for 6months and then €59 thereafter.
    Declined, I'll give it a day and phone back.
    SIRO sounds great but not available (but close) to me and I really don't want to be flaffing around worrying about any sort of cap

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sector_000

fungie wrote: »
    I gave notice of cancellation last week. Was paying 79 per month for last few months (was paying 50 euro per month with free sky sports for first 6 months). I got a call offering 50 euro for 12 months for same plan I'm currently paying 79 for.

I said no as I want eir and BT sports that virgin don't have.

Can I ask you what all services you were offered for the 50 euro? Have you had half price deals for years before?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

sector_000 wrote: »
    Can I ask you what all services you were offered for the 50 euro? Have you had half price deals for years before?

The same that I have now, TV and broadband. I got something like a half price last year too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I gave them 1 months notice on the 02 of November. 2 missed calls from them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Currently paying €55 for 240 BB and phone, gave them a first call there now, best on offer was €44 for 6months and then €59 thereafter.

Going to call them over next few days, if that's all they offer, I'll just cancel.
    Don't get anything close to it on Wifi and every time I ring up about it, they say wired only will produce that speed.
    Better be 9 months half price or I will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

I made the annual phone call on Nov 1st
    1908 - used the option 1 (I think) in relation to contact increase.
    Spoke to an Irish guy. Asked to be put through to the cancellation department. He says he will have a look at my account. Apparently, the price rise is because I am on an old tariff.

The first offer was €10 off for 6 months - I declined.
    The second was 15€ off for 6 months - Declined again.
    A third & final offer was half price (€32) for 6 months. I gave my 30-day notice at the beginning of the month, I have 360mb BB & Home Phone

I received a call today offering 9 months half price (€32) on a 12-month contract so don't give up hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Going to call them over next few days, if that's all they offer, I'll just cancel.
    Don't get anything close to it on Wifi and every time I ring up about it, they say wired only will produce that speed.

I can get it on WiFi but only with my own router theres in bridge mode and a newish laptop. Also sitting about 3 metres from the router.

slave1 wrote: »
    How are you only paying that and also that offer after 6 months? I'm on the older 120MB and basic TV plan paying €79 and its going up €3.50 in January. When i asked about upgrading to the 240MB plan they said it was more expensive than what i'm paying now.

I'm on the older 120MB and basic TV plan paying €79

TV included.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lob020

Just rang 1908 ,paying currently 94 euro per month , contract up 14th Dec
    Offered 6 months half price initially but declined ,then offered 9 months. Half price which I accepted,all done in 5 Mins happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Currently paying €55 for 240 BB and phone, rang up and got a very stroppy agent who said she couldnt offer anything. (1908)

Did the feedback form and gave negative marks and said i was moving to sky.

Just came back to me now and apologised, gave some bs reason and offered €28 for 6 months same package...so i said do it for 9 months and deal and they agreed happy days

Lads I never received my final bill from them after my contract ended on Monday. I logged in and can see my final bill listed as -6 euro. Anyone else ever encounter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Currently paying €56 for 240 BB and phone, rang up and got a very stroppy agent who said she couldnt offer anything. (1908)

Did the feedback form and gave negative marks and said i was moving to sky.

Just came back to me now and apologised, gave some bs reason and offered €28 for 6 months same package...so i said do it for 9 months and deal and they agreed happy days

actually just checked and this was exactly the same offer I got back in Jan, but that was for 6 months

• Advertisement

Lads I never received my final bill from them after my contract ended on Monday. I logged in and can see my final bill listed as -6 euro. Anyone else ever encounter this?
    Will the bill open? If that is your final bill you only pay up to when your account closed and not the next bill date.

raclle wrote: »
    Will the bill open?

No, I’m guessing they won’t complete it until I send the the equipment back?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Rang them on the 6th of the month to pre-empt the process and got nothing but crap offers. Cancellation date was today so called them fully intending to cancel if they didn't offer me the 9months half price deal. Took a while (45mins call :rolleyes:, a call I had hoped would take 5mins max) and had to ask them to cut to the chase several times as they were giving me the prepared speech but got the 9months offer in the end.

It would have been about €60 cheaper to move to eir by the time you add in the installation fee but with the hassle, trying to get connected Christmas week etc. I just took the 9months half price deal.

No, I’m guessing they won’t complete it until I send the the equipment back?
    A final bill will always be produced a few days after your account closed. You pay a month in advance so only get billed up to when your account closed. Was that bill only produced today? If so you've to wait 24hrs to view it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

if it has -6e it means they owe you six euro - symbol means excess in account. worth a check if they will send you cash back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I rang about 3 weeks ago & was offered €15 off for 6 months. I said I want what other people are getting on here....same package as me 9 months 1/2 price. I said I’ll cancel. Then I rang back a few days later looking for a better deal. Was offered 6 months 1/2 price, they can’t do 9.

So I told them to cancel. 4 weeks notice. The key is not to contact them at all. The last couple of days I had 4 missed called from their uk office. I rang them tonight to find what they wanted. Why was I leaving.

I just said I want what your giving to other people on boards that are on my package. Straight away she gave me the 9 months.

If you’re not happy cancel & don’t ring them back. They’ll ring you.

Crazy we have go through this nonsense every year.

This might soften their stance.

Got an email from Sky today to say "Black Friday Special, Sky Broadband
    €30 per month for a year".
    When you click on the mail, it says Sky Broadband for a year at €33 a month?
    So it's either €30 or €33 per month for a year, still good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    This might soften their stance.

Got an email from Sky today to say "Black Friday Special, Sky Broadband
    €30 per month for a year".
    When you click on the mail, it says Sky Broadband for a year at €33 a month?
    So it's either €30 or €33 per month for a year, still good deal.

Its €30 here and €33 also :> https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/sky-broadband-talk

But its €33 everywhere on the Sky site :> https://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/

"Sky terrible speeds, €15 off for 6 months, 6 months half price best we can do and then the dreaded 6 letters they don't to hear".................................... CANCEL!

Every year it's the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rang back today, mentioned the Sky deal and also the 9 months half price 3 months full price for Connect 24, was polite and said that's the deal I want or put me through to cancellations, they gave me the deal no hassle

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement