Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Rang and got the half price nine months as well 240mb Broadband). Mentioned the sky deal as well. Waiting for around 10 minutes then haggling for about 5 minutes. Very straight forward really compared to other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I rang about 3 weeks ago & was offered €15 off for 6 months. I said I want what other people are getting on here....same package as me 9 months 1/2 price. I said I’ll cancel. Then I rang back a few days later looking for a better deal. Was offered 6 months 1/2 price, they can’t do 9.

So I told them to cancel. 4 weeks notice. The key is not to contact them at all. The last couple of days I had 4 missed called from their uk office. I rang them tonight to find what they wanted. Why was I leaving.

I just said I want what your giving to other people on boards that are on my package. Straight away she gave me the 9 months.

If you’re not happy cancel & don’t ring them back. They’ll ring you.

Crazy we have go through this nonsense every year.

What’s the U.K. office number?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

Also has anyone tried to get the TV that they’re giving new customers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭dubrov

flycd wrote: »
    Also has anyone tried to get the TV that they’re giving new customers?!

You have to wait until the first month's bill has been paid.
    You'd be lucky to have it 8 weeks into the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

If someone else in the family sign up to a new contract will the get the tv?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What's with the 4 months free SIM they are offering? Any catch

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

slave1 wrote: »
    Rang back today, mentioned the Sky deal and also the 9 months half price 3 months full price for Connect 24, was polite and said that's the deal I want or put me through to cancellations, they gave me the deal no hassle

what number did you ring... I've been ringing every few days after cancelling last week and they won't go beyond 6 months for half price and that's for 2 accounts related to tv & broadband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Could you not switch to for 4 months then cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

slave1 wrote: »
    Rang back today, mentioned the Sky deal and also the 9 months half price 3 months full price for Connect 24, was polite and said that's the deal I want or put me through to cancellations, they gave me the deal no hassle

what number did you ring... I've been ringing every few days after cancelling last week and they won't go beyond 6 months for half price and that's for 2 accounts related to tv & broadband...

Its really depends what you can negotiate. Last time I could get no deal. I cancelled and tbh would have left only for they rang with a deal on the 30th day. I still think it's expensive for the dire horizon box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

beauf wrote: »
    Could you not switch to for 4 months then cancel.

Yeah it looks like you can to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

flycd wrote: »
    What’s the U.K. office number?

She said it was the uk number. It wasn’t though.

They ring & don’t leave a message. When you try to ring it back to find out who it is, just says it was virgin media & they’ll ring back.

My advice is.....Give them the months notice & make no contact with them. They’ll ring you with a week to go asking you why you’re leaving.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

1908 then billing option

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

My contract was up in 30 days (no price rise ) BB 240 MB only
    Rang up 1908 asked for cancellations, said I was leaving for Vodafone gigabit, offered 6 months half price straight away I said a friend got 9 months half price, agent had to ask to see if he could get it for me and he could . happy enough for 10 minute phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

My contract was up a couple of days ago. Rang today to cancel and was offered 6 months half price. I said no as my friends had received 9 months half price. I said if I got 9 months half price I would accept it. She went away for a couple of minutes came back at said 6 months was the best she could do. I went ahead with the cancellation. I have 240 BB and phone. Will they ring me back before the cancellation takes place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

kenkin wrote: »
    My contract was up a couple of days ago. Rang today to cancel and was offered 6 months half price. I said no as my friends had received 9 months half price. I said if I got 9 months half price I would accept it. She went away for a couple of minutes came back at said 6 months was the best she could do. I went ahead with the cancellation. I have 240 BB and phone. Will they ring me back before the cancellation takes place?
    Don't think they'll call back, but get your facts right re competitor offerings, call them back with 2 weeks to spare and give them a final chance. Worked for me, 9 months half price and downgraded to mix or whatever at 79 per month.
    Though as someone else mentioned, their crappy box probably ain't worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Don't think they'll call back, but get your facts right re competitor offerings, call them back with 2 weeks to spare and give them a final chance. Worked for me, 9 months half price and downgraded to mix or whatever at 79 per month.
    Though as someone else mentioned, their crappy box probably ain't worth it!!
    I have had sky q for 6 days (50 pm for 12 months)........not sure why I was umming and ahhing about ditching VM for tv! It is a fantastic box, it is so quick and everything works on it! imagine!
    I have broadband only with Vodafone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

gmisk wrote: »
    I have had sky q for 6 days (50 pm for 12 months)........not sure why I was umming and ahhing about ditching VM for tv! It is a fantastic box, it is so quick and everything works on it! imagine!
    I have broadband only with Vodafone now.

I hear you, was sorely tempted to go with sky this time, but i was concerned about the broadband, the non contended speed for me was going to be 44MB (which is roughly what my contended VM speed tends to be), and I'd heard it can be a bit patchy in the neighbourhood, so I decided if VM did me a decent deal, I'd give it one more go. It has to be said, the horizon box is appalling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I hear you, was sorely tempted to go with sky this time, but i was concerned about the broadband, the non contended speed for me was going to be 44MB (which is roughly what my contended VM speed tends to be), and I'd heard it can be a bit patchy in the neighbourhood, so I decided if VM did me a decent deal, I'd give it one more go. It has to be said, the horizon box is appalling!!
    I know what you mean, the VM broadband is good.
    The horizon box is a bloody disaster. I have had 3, in the space of about 2 years, there only final solution was to ask me if I would go back to the old version of the box....where you could only tape one programme at a time.....all for the bargain price of 94 euro a month lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As said you can leave after 4 months giving 1 month notice.

I just cancelled 3 Virgin Sims as the coverage was poor with little or no 4G.
    I can't hack the kids moaning to me any more ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Hmmm difficult call with VM loyalty today, with cancellation due later in the week.

They wouldn't honour the 6-months half price deal they offered a couple of weeks ago, with lots of 'Oh, we've given you so many half-price deals with 6 months and 9 months, we can't be doing that all the time'.

So they've offered me €15 off for six months, which is pretty terrible.

So it has to be off to Vodafone for me, and save €200 over the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Hmmm difficult call with VM loyalty today, with cancellation due later in the week.

They wouldn't honour the 6-months half price deal they offered a couple of weeks ago, with lots of 'Oh, we've given you so many half-price deals with 6 months and 9 months, we can't be doing that all the time'.

So they've offered me €15 off for six months, which is pretty terrible.

So it has to be off to Vodafone for me, and save €200 over the year.

Rang today and must have had the same guy, no movement at all. Went off twice to speak to somebody, and 15 off a month for six months was the best he could come up with, despite us being customers for 11 years. Off to sky we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I was only offered 30 off for 6 months the other day so bit bullet and took the black Friday deal with Sky. After 13 years with VM looking forward to new tv service as ours has been struggling more and more. Missed series links, freezing and having to regularly restart. Plus needed a new TV for upstairs anyway so Sky deal is handy that way. Hope the Broadband is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Rang today and must have had the same guy, no movement at all. Went off twice to speak to somebody, and 15 off a month for six months was the best he could come up with, despite us being customers for 11 years. Off to sky we go!

Twas a lady in my case, who, just as I was hanging up, sounded like she was telling her buddy about me. She was starting out with "this guy had 9 months half" but sadly my slow brain didn't cop what was happening before my finger hit the button to hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭raclle

So was my turn today and like everyone else given 6 months half price. I'm with them over 16 years and on the older TV and 120MB BB plan paying €79 p/m going up to €82.50 in January. They said they could upgrade me to the 240MB plan for 9 months half price but after that increasing to €94 p/m which would be an extra €11.50 on what i'm currently paying. I said no as i don't need the extra speed but if they could do it for 9 months half price on my current package i'll stay. They said no so i gave my cancellation notice hoping they'll ring back with the offer i want. At the moment they're offering new customers 240mb World Talk and Mix TV €59 for 12 months and only increasing to €89 after that. Old customers getting screwed.

I gave my notice on november 2nd can someone tell me will my services be turned off sunday 2nd or monday the 3rd of december. Is it 30 days from when you give notice or the next day?. Not in the mood for interacting with them. Thanks

normakelle wrote:
    I gave my notice on november 2nd can someone tell me will my services be turned off sunday 2nd or monday the 3rd of december. Is it 30 days from when you give notice or the next day?. Not in the mood for interacting with them. Thanks

You should have gotten a cancellation email confirming the exact date

yes it said 30 days from november 2nd. So want to know will service be terminated on 2nd or will I have it until the third. Do you include nov 2nd. thanks

normakelle wrote: »
    yes it said 30 days from november 2nd. So want to know will service be terminated on 2nd or will I have it until the third. Do you include nov 2nd. thanks

Strange. I received a cancellation notice on the day of cancelling and a specific cancellation date in a separate e-mail one day later.

My service worked for all of the stated cancellation date and cutoff sometime in the morning of the following day

great thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

raclle wrote: »
    So was my turn today and like everyone else given 6 months half price. I'm with them over 16 years and on the older TV and 120MB BB plan paying €79 p/m going up to €82.50 in January. They said they could upgrade me to the 240MB plan for 9 months half price but after that increasing to €94 p/m which would be an extra €11.50 on what i'm currently paying. I said no as i don't need the extra speed but if they could do it for 9 months half price on my current package i'll stay. They said no so i gave my cancellation notice hoping they'll ring back with the offer i want. At the moment they're offering new customers 240mb World Talk and Mix TV €59 for 12 months and only increasing to €89 after that. Old customers getting screwed.
    move away ur bb to some of the deals going with sky vodafone and get some tv package thats mad money, one would imagine prices would drop not increase where simple bb rakes almost 600e a year now pff.

Advertisement