Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options
1207208209210211213»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Summer2020

how long does it take to get the confirmation email? I emailed them today and nothing back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭FaganJr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm just glad to be away from them tbh, they still managed to get €2.65 extra on the final bill😡, shower of crooks...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Ladybird37

Happy Days! Thank you to the original poster who posted the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

Out of interest, does it take a few days to get a confirmation email once you sign up? I signed back up under my wife's details on Wednesday night and got a screen confirmation of the order but no emails or text confirmation since.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭robbe

Was out of contract at the start of the month, called them looking for an offer (was on 6 months half price last contract - 1gb broadband and 360 TV) and nothing doing so I cancelled. Got a txt a few days later with an offer for 12 months half price, the offer for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Question for people who cancelled for a cheaper deal: did VM get back to you by text shortly before the last date of your contract offering you the same broadband deal as newcomers? That's 35 a month.

I cancelled as I wasn't paying 70 a month after a year. After some weak offers I insisted on cancelling. Guy read out the terms and confirmed cancellation. 3 weeks before the last day, got a text offering 9 months at 35 then 3 at 70. I accepted buy now I'm thinking I should have waited until even closer and I may have got 12 months at the 35 euros.

Did that happen to anyone else who held off until the end?

I never got more than 6 months half price from them, once you've accepted the 9 months deal that's it you're locked in for the year, not a bad deal for VM. Still €44.74 per month for BB is scaldy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Anyone that got a reinstall recently, what router was supplied? A black or white Router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

I got the same thing also,but i would of thought we would of gotten an email with our new contract details.i never heard anything from them,i jist went onto the half price for a year deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Did the annual dance, coming from 1GB broadband and TV.

Was offered:

• 12mo @89.50 (annual total €1074) - declined
    • 6mo @57, 6mo @114 (annual total €1026) - declined
    • 9mo @57, 3mo @114 (annual total €855) - accepted.

So, €71.25 p/m in the end, which is a €1.25 increase on last year and well within the cost of inflation. Or to look at it another way, a €600 p/a saving on my default tariff for the effort of listening to 10 mins of hold music and some banter.

I just kept hammering home that I was extremely price-motivated, quoting the 12mo costs for Eir and Sky etc. while being nice and friendly. The agent obviously had to "consult with management" to provide the 9mo offer, but I made it clear that I'd rather save the rigmarole of getting a cancellation text next week, which was better than last year.

I know I could do €10 cheaper p/m if I went to Eir or got my missus to re-up with Virgin or rolled the dice on the cancellation route instead, but it'd be a potential downgrade in broadband speed and dealing with the hassle of the new streaming box so I consider it a fine trade-off. There wasn't any enthusiasm to offer me a 24mo contract there, so maybe a sign that they're not confident about being able to push a price increase next year, who knows.

e: oh also 3 mo of Sky CInema which I need to call up and cancel in October 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Well after being a VM customer for years, I signed up to Eir last year. Wife had enough of it, coming to end of contract now (Thank god didn't lock in for 24month contract) while broadband is fairly solid, the tv app is brutal. She now wants to go back to VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Looking for better deal or maybe moving from Vm. Please can someone help me understand this - I am on VM 360Mb and Anytime World but never plugged in or used the phone at cost of 75e pm.

I get average 250 mb on speed test. Eir say they can only offer me up to 100mb and Sky only up to 70mb. How can that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

My 1gb broadband end of contract dance went - 80 per year, 40 for 6 months then 80 and settled at 40 for 9 months then 80. A couple of weeks later we decided to move and when I went to transfer the broadband they only had Fibre to the Home = new customer = 1Gb for 50/month for 2 years.

Can we still do the rename the router to the current name trick when the new one is installed? Any experience of FTH?

You only have fttc available to you for Eir and Sky, VM use their own cable which can give you higher speeds. In reality there's absolutely nothing wrong with fttc, 70 meg will handle anything that's demanded of it, YouTube, Netflix etc will all work perfectly in fact pings are lower on fttc compared to VM's co-ax cable system (ping is important to gamers).

Advertisement