Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

dub45 wrote: »
    Could you tell us exactly what was on the confirmation email please?

Were you given specific details of the price agreed, duration of contract etc in the email?

No very little detail. Just thanks for your order, then some generic terms they have and then info for if you're expecting a delivery. I might try online chat tonight to make sure he didn't sign me up for something new!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Was on the live chat to VMI today. Only offered 4 months at €45 for the 360Mb/Horizon Max/Mobile world bundle; take it or leave it.

Alternatively I was offered the bundle I'm already on for the the same price I'm paying at the moment. Waste of time.

Will try ringing loyalty this evening or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

-Double post deleted-

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

tharmor wrote: »
    Mine is same...it wont goto 30 i am told...will stay at 25..

How can that be.. Lucky you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bountyfour70

Hi guys,
    Ok I am not lucky...
    with the live chat VMI..." no promotion for the moment !!! "

Television

On Demand TV Subscription
    Multiroom viewing
    Horizon On Demand TV Subscription
    Horizon Max On Demand
    Horizon Max
    HZN Client Entitlements

Broadband

Limitless 240Mb
    Virgin Media Parental Controls
    Horizon Wi-Free

Home Phone

Home Phone
    Virgin Media Phone App

all for 95 euros..but last year I got 53euros during 6 months and after 95 euros...
    What I have to do now? any idea??
    thx

• Advertisement

I'd say you'd need to ring. Be upfront and say you know people who got 9 months half price and that's what you're after, go from there then!

Oh and the girl on my first call said I couldn't possibly have that applied to my account because I had a half price deal at the start of last year, but then today the other person gave it to me so don't let them fob you off!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bountyfour70

and what is the phone number please?

and what is the phone number please?

(061) 272 190

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Amouar wrote: »
    Did anyone managed to get the new modem while they are still on 240 mb?

Yes i did, they sent me Tc7200 2 days ago and i had nothing but trouble, was talking to nice guy in tech support and he couldn't figure out what is wrong.

He is Posting out new Compal router to me now, should get it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes i did, they sent me Tc7200 2 days ago and i had nothing but trouble, was talking to nice guy in tech support and he couldn't figure out what is wrong.

He is Posting out new Compal router to me now, should get it tomorrow.

They didn't want to send it to me claiming that it's only for those with 320mb. What did you tell them to convince them? Is it the loyality team who agreed to send it to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

They didn't want to send it to me claiming that it's only for those with 320mb. What did you tell them to convince them? Is it the loyality team who agreed to send it to you?

To be honest i didn't even ask for it, i asked loyalty team at time of contract if new router Tc7200 support dual band concurrently and she confirmed yes.

When i plugged the router it wont connect to both bands at same time and had trouble with 5ghz so quick call to tech support where issue was not solved and i mentioned that loyalty promised me about router doing both bands, he said same thing no one on 240 mb has got new router but he will check recording and ask supervisor, if not he will swap with cisco router which i was using before, got call this morning that new router is on the way.

Don't have to worry about switching between bands now and performance is much better so happy days!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

I'm with upc for broadband only but going to ring them and see about giving us some channels. Anyone get any good deals with some channels thrown in?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

FYI got 6 months half price today and an updated router. hopefully its better than the one I currently have (TC7200 piece of crap). had to put up with the blah blah sky is bad, look at what we have for you blah blah. show me the discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

Cionn wrote: »
    FYI got 6 months half price today and an updated router. hopefully its better than the one I currently have (TC7200 piece of crap). had to put up with the blah blah sky is bad, look at what we have for you blah blah. show me the discounts

Are you on 240 mb or 360mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Got the new compal modem on my 120mb package when i complained about the perfornance as a reason i wouldn't upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1 n0kru

Is there any chance getting a 360Mb upgrade for max €50? currently on VM with tv, bb and landline for €35, signed contract last year in april, so I'm still under contract. Ranged last week loyalty team, they did not offer me anything, only if I want 360 it will be €80 for next 12 mths. I was like ok, I'll think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Are you on 240 mb or 360mb?

240 I think didn't push for more speed. Don't see the point above 240

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Asked the missus to ring up and quote the sky offer to save us a few bob........she signed us upto sky ffs!! She had 1 job haha.

Are sky brutal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Asked the missus to ring up and quote the sky offer to save us a few bob........she signed us upto sky ffs!! She had 1 job haha.

Are sky brutal?

SKY TV is much better, box is much faster. I swapped last year as they offered a cheaper deal. After a year with it I honestly can't bring myself to go back to Horizon TV. With Horizon the box used to freeze at least once a week, I've had SKY a year and its hasn't frozen once! Also if you get the HD you get all the boxsets which I'm fairly impressed with how much there is of stuff I'd actually like to watch.

Broadband is ok, 60-70mb, I don't have a phone with them and thats one thing to look at as they don't offer free mobile calls if your used to that with Virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

trying again.. and still they want my friends account details. really they don't know about data protection. This should really be addressed.

• Advertisement

looks like I'm gonna get it this time!

after 45 mins, thank you for talking with virgin media, goodbye - wait wtf?

Finally success!! only took 1hr 15 mins for the last call and four calls before that! 9months Half price! Happy days,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Finally success!! only took 1hr 15 mins for the last call and four calls before that! 9months Half price! Happy days,.

On what bundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Which number did you ring? Did you speak to someone in limerick or the phillipines?

061 272 190 and it was the Philippines and it was hard work, I was in a six month half price deal and it had just ended last month on the half price. He had to cancel that contract before applying the new 9 month half price :) delighted, as poster above said TV is better with Sky, BB is better with Virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Got a deal off them last week, is it worth using the cooling off period to cancel and chance a 9 month deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I rang on 20th after increase email to cancel....eventually offered...15 euro for 6 months, then 30 euro for 6 months delighted.
    For last week been waiting for a call back (after they listen to the original call).
    They are saying I agreed to 6 months at 45 euro...and 6 months at 85!!!!! you couldnt make this cr@p up
    If no call by tomorrow I will be cancelling and moving to sky
    So they are saying I basically agreed to a new contract that will cost me 780 euro a year! as opposed to 270 euro!

On what bundle
    I have BB Phone and TV, 42.50 for 9 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I have BB Phone and TV, 42.50 for 9 months

Lovely. Same as the deal i was offered. I am at 6 months half price and 3 months half price setanta. Ringwoodbg back today

Advertisement