Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Are all you guys saying you're already customers and you've been offered these excellent deals to avoid cancellation?
    If so then why the hell won't they even consider giving me a proper deal? I just seem to hit a brick wall every time.

I've paid my bills on time every month for the past 18 months and I've been paying in excess of €140 a month for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

061 272 190 and it was the Philippines and it was hard work, I was in a six month half price deal and it had just ended last month on the half price. He had to cancel that contract before applying the new 9 month half price :) delighted, as poster above said TV is better with Sky, BB is better with Virgin.

Thanks, I had been ringing that number but was only getting through to Limerick ( 3 times ), who could only offer 6 months. I just got through to Phillipines, they offered 9 months @ €25 and 3 months @ €50 for 240mb unlimited after 2 or 3 minutes of spiel, lots of time on hold while they sorted everything out. Then they tried slipping in a €60 installation fee in the verbal terms an conditions even though I said I would self-install. I pulled her up on that.

So 57 mins and 32 seconds on the phone in total, leaving just 2 mins 28 seconds lanline minutes left on my 48 mobile minutes.....phew that was close:p

I have to say that all the staff I spoke to were all very nice, which I know is difficult when you are listening to guff from boardsies day in day out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

just got 9 months 25 and last 3 full price.also got the new router.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

I want to reduce my bill.

What I need is the mobile world phone, quick broadband and the most basic tv package what should I expect to pay when negotiating?

I want to reduce my bill.

What I need is the mobile world phone, quick broadband and the most basic tv package what should I expect to pay when negotiating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Horizon world max usually 85 p/m

9 months 1/2 price
    3 months setanta 1/2 price
    Free handset as i didnt previously use phone.

Rang yesterday and was offered 6 months half price. Rang today at 13.23. 10 mins later. Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Are all you guys saying you're already customers and you've been offered these excellent deals to avoid cancellation?
    If so then why the hell won't they even consider giving me a proper deal? I just seem to hit a brick wall every time.

I've paid my bills on time every month for the past 18 months and I've been paying in excess of €140 a month for the most part.

are you talking to the loyalty department? are you out of contract? i honestly have no clue otherwise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

are you talking to the loyalty department? are you out of contract? i honestly have no clue otherwise

My contract just ended so I contacted the website chat and raised a query on boards.ie - the latter who referred me to web chat. Web chat offered me 20% off my Sports and Movies package for 12 months which I accepted, but the bill has only come down from about €140 per month to €130. Both said they can't offer any other deals because I'm an existing customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bicsoi

9 months half price offered straight away when I threatened to cancel, said Sky had given me a good deal, didn't have to negotiate at all, very surprised and very happy

bicsoi wrote: »
    9 months half price offered straight away when I threatened to cancel, said Sky had given me a good deal, didn't have to negotiate at all, very surprised and very happy

I am in an apartment building that has UPC only contracted - Will they know this and hence not give me a good deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

BOOM - Gotta love those folks from Manila. When I rang before, the Irish chap, although nice, had no interest in giving me 9 months.

This chap in Manila who was joking the entire time and very friendly, offered me 4 months for all of 10 seconds and then went straight to 9. Not only that but agreed with upgrading my service.

I was on: 120BB. Digital select TV package. Phone @ 80PM due to increase to 85pm.

Now on: 240BB, Max TV package and phone@ 42.50 for 9 months and 85 for 3 months.

Well happy with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Noxin wrote: »
    BOOM - Gotta love those folks from Manila. When I rang before, the Irish chap, although nice, had no interest in giving me 9 months.

This chap in Manila who was joking the entire time and very friendly, offered me 4 months for all of 10 seconds and then went straight to 9. Not only that but agreed with upgrading my service.

I was on: 120BB. Digital select TV package. Phone @ 80PM due to increase to 85pm.

Now on: 240BB, Max TV package and phone@ 42.50 for 9 months and 85 for 3 months.

Well happy with that :)
    I would maybe check on the chat that details are correct....the chaps in Manila are not the most reliable when it comes to pricing...trust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Do you have to be out of contract to have any chance of getting a discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭dubrov

I am in an apartment building that has UPC only contracted - Will they know this and hence not give me a good deal?

No. They have no idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

FYI

I sent the details of my discount to the reps on here so they can double check they are applied to account. Even sent them the time of the call so they can check what i tell them is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bicsoi

gmisk wrote: »
    I would maybe check on the chat that details are correct....the chaps in Manila are not the most reliable when it comes to pricing...trust me!

how do you check on the chat ?

dubrov wrote: »
    No. They have no idea

I sense sarcasm? :confused:

bicsoi wrote: »
    how do you check on the chat ?
    I mean go on the chat and get them to confirm your contract details.
    I did and got a very nasty surprise.

Well he had very good English and his accent was fine. But I will keep an eye on it alright. Might PM Brian over on the talk to boards in a while to make sure.

Well he had very good English and his accent was fine. But I will keep an eye on it alright. Might PM Brian over on the talk to boards in a while to make sure.
    The lady i talked to couldnt have been more polite or helpful, but the prices she quoted to me multiple times were not (and still arent) reflected on my account.

• Advertisement

The lady i talked to couldnt have been more polite or helpful, but the prices she quoted to me multiple times were not (and still arent) reflected on my account.

That's where the two weeks cooling off period comes in handy. If I contact someone and they quote a different price to what I was offered, the whole thing just gets cancelled.
    I was half about to anyway so if that's how it ends up, so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

I got a confirmation email just now of my contract change, so I guess if you didn;t get that...

I got a confirmation email just now of my contract change, so I guess if you didn;t get that...
    I am not sure if that is directed at me or not?
    If it is
    I got that email it also didnt detail anything at all to do with actual price of new contract...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

massy086 wrote: »
    just got 9 months 25 and last 3 full price.also got the new router.

On what speed? 240 mb or 360 mb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

My contract just ended so I contacted the website chat and raised a query on boards.ie - the latter who referred me to web chat. Web chat offered me 20% off my Sports and Movies package for 12 months which I accepted, but the bill has only come down from about €140 per month to €130. Both said they can't offer any other deals because I'm an existing customer.
    Did you just get an e-mail from Virgin Media saying that your bill is going up by €5 per month?

I had just negotiated a discounted deal with UPC at the Start of January, got the Price Increase e-mail today. I was able to re-negotiate my previous deal to stay with Virgin ... They increased the amount of months that I would get half-price, without extending the contract.

I rang 1908, rather than the customer loyalty directly, and got through to someone in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I just rang 061 272 190 and it was an Irish fella who answered. Told him about Sky having a good offer, etc.. and he only gave me €70 for 6 months and €85 after. Wouldn't even give me 6 months half price ffs.

Is it just a case of calling again, if an Irish fella answers immediately hang up and then call again until I get through to Philippines?

Called to ask for the compal modem and got the Manilla call center. They said they can't provide it as it's for 360mb only that I can go ahead and cancel using and provided me the email address :(

Does the cancellation only occurs after sending the email or the loyality team can cancel the contract?

jamescd wrote: »
    I just rang 061 272 190 and it was an Irish fella who answered. Told him about Sky having a good offer, etc.. and he only gave me €70 for 6 months and €85 after. Wouldn't even give me 6 months half price ffs.

Is it just a case of calling again, if an Irish fella answers immediately hang up and then call again until I get through to Philippines?

Call again. I've advised friends to do the same.
    Amouar wrote: »
    Called to ask for the compal modem and got the Manilla call center. They said they can't provide it as it's for 360mb only that I can go ahead and cancel using and provided me the email address :(

Does the cancellation only occurs after sending the email or the loyality team can cancel the contract?

Loyalty team can't cancel it. You need to actually send an email as it has to come in "writing" .

Call again. I've advised friends to do the same.

Loyalty team can't cancel it. You need to actually send an email as it has to come in "writing" .

Good to know.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

i'm on 45e broadband and phone, going up to 50.

just off the phone there, they first offered me 5e a month off my first 4 months, when i rejected that, they then offered 10e off for 4 months, told them sky was 35e a month, she then offered me first 4 months half price which i said is still dearer than sky, she put me on hold and then came back with 6 months half price which i took.... was gonna say no to that to see if she would offer me 9 months but decided to just take the 6 months half price and leave it at that...regret it now!!

Advertisement