Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Once you have the auto reply email from the cancellation team, your 30 day termination period begins.
    Your services should NOT be cut off during this period.
    All I did when I cancelled TV last year was to send an email to the collection team for a date just after the 30 day cancelleation period ends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Do Virgin read the cancellation emails? Is it worth mentioning in the email you are leaving as its too expensive? I did get a 6 month half price deal but my Broadband has been awful the last few weeks. Even worse again since agreeing the deal. I am testing a new modem for them big horrible white one. It seemed great at first now it's very intermittent service. And even at half price for 6 months I don't think it's really worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

on to Manilla there, only offering me 4 months half price as they said that it was leaked on websites that they were giving 9 months half price and now that's only for customers that are with them 10 years. I said my friend got 9 months half price but they required me to give an account number (although that was a little bit of a fib).

soon as I asked to speak to a supervisor he hung up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

on to Manilla there, only offering me 4 months half price as they said that it was leaked on websites that they were giving 9 months half price and now that's only for customers that are with them 10 years. I said my friend got 9 months half price but they required me to give an account number (although that was a little bit of a fib).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Got through to manila and was talking to a friendly chap. I'm on the e40 phone and broadband package which is going up to e45. I explained nicely I would be cancelling to go with the Vodafone e40 deal if I didn't get 6 months half price like my "neighbour". He just had to check with his manager but came back and said no problem. New 12 month contract agreed and will be paying a total of e405 instead of e480. On the phone for 10 mins in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Doodoo wrote: »
    ... will be paying a total of e405

Unless they will come with next increase soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I assume you know, but theyre talking nonsense.
    But from their point of view, it's clear from previous posts that they can't give the 9 month offer unless it's a last resort.
    You need a good back story about a made up counter offer you got from a competitor. They're so badly trained that they won't know what's real and what's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Got through to manila and was talking to a friendly chap. I'm on the e40 phone and broadband package which is going up to e45. I explained nicely I would be cancelling to go with the Vodafone e40 deal if I didn't get 6 months half price like my "neighbour". He just had to check with his manager but came back and said no problem. New 12 month contract agreed and will be paying a total of e405 instead of e480. On the phone for 10 mins in total.

Just got an email from virgin which included "Your Virgin Media contract lasts a minimum of 12 months (or 18 months with a discounted offer)". I was told I was entering a 12 month contract and I even asked was it 12 months from today or the next bill date. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

on the phone to them now. I didn't bother pushing for more than half price 6mths as was so difficult to conduct the conversation.

40mins later I think I've signed up to a new contract. Told her to deliver the new box to work and took 10 mins to give the 3 line address. Have to bring the old equipment into work with me to do an exchange which is a bit of a pain

Surely they'd be better off paying a low wage in Ireland and having a 5 times improvement in the efficiency of each operator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just got an email from virgin which included "Your Virgin Media contract lasts a minimum of 12 months (or 18 months with a discounted offer)". I was told I was entering a 12 month contract and I even asked was it 12 months from today or the next bill date. Anyone else have this issue?

18 months is a new customer only thing AFAIK.
    There'll be another price increase in 12 months so I shouldn't worry too much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

It's 12 month contracts for these offers guys. I rang when I seen the confusion on boards. I got the 9 months half price etc. You all have the call recordings to back ye up if they do hit ye with 18 months. I actually used to work on the loyalty team before it got outsourced. They have a certain percentage that they will save and some customers they will have to leave go. Offers arnt given to everyone unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ja1986 wrote: »
    It's 12 month contracts for these offers guys. I rang when I seen the confusion on boards. I got the 9 months half price etc. You all have the call recordings to back ye up if they do hit ye with 18 months. I actually used to work on the loyalty team before it got outsourced. They have a certain percentage that they will save and some customers they will have to leave go. Offers arnt given to everyone unfortunately.

Did you get 9 months in the last couple of days or was this a few weeks back? Seems to be thin on the ground in here lately, any tips much appreciated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Sorry for all the mess with Eircomn (eir) but I am seriously considering them over Virgin. Good to have some alternative option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

zom wrote: »
    BAD NEWS PEOPLE!!

I just realised Eircom (eir) rised the price of their basic Broadband package from €45 to €62 a month (after 3 moths for €25). I was considering switching and looked their offer yesterday - then I was about to contact them today and I found that.
    They could actually do some money on people like me, looking for alternative for Virgin Media. But they don't. I think like we life in some dysfunctional economic here in Ireland...

I think you are looking at broadband and calls the broadband only option is still on the site for €45. Likewise Vodafone have the same package for 40€ and then a calls package for €45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

Just got 6 months @ €25, 6 months at €50, 240mb broadband & mobile calls. Minimal amount of negotiating needed, call only took about 10 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Did you get 9 months in the last couple of days or was this a few weeks back? Seems to be thin on the ground in here lately, any tips much appreciated :D

What package are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

As of today I still hadn't received the price increase email so i went on live chat. Apparently it's not being applied to my account this increase. Bit suspicious as I've always gotten one. Great if it's the case but don't want a surprise dearer bill.
    I sent myself the transcript as proof anyways.

This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

got my email last week (thought they had forgotten about me :-)
    im on the 120MB BB + phone for 30e pm, and its going up to 35e pm.
    No point in getting better deal as they will claw back money over in time for me.

Have 120m bb plus anytime phone - going up to €45 after increase..
    Tried online chat today and got offered nothing except 240m for €50 - not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Have 120m bb plus anytime phone - going up to €45 after increase..
    Tried online chat today and got offered nothing except 240m for €50 - not worth it.
    Yeah I'm staying and hopefully they will bump up the old package speed anyway and then another price increase like the upc days.
    I was just re reading the email they sent me and it states that the speed should be increased, so I asked for clarity on what that actually means

• Advertisement

No speed increase unless you pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Muahahaha wrote: »

I got it two weeks ago and I only knew of the price change from this thread , didn't check the email I had attached to the account. I also got a free handset. Just told them I was offered one and they threw it in. Might as well use it for the free calls. And to feel like an adult haha! I am on the horizon max with 240 mb and anytime calls. Think is was going to 90 p/m .hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I sent my "cancellation" email on saturday, no call yet, they hardly took it to mean i actually wanted to cancel? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

I sent my "cancellation" email on saturday, no call yet, they hardly took it to mean i actually wanted to cancel? :)

I'm sure they know this thread exists and they monitor it. I mean, it's not like boards.ie is an obscure private forum in some little corner of the internet -they even have a boards.ie "talk to us" forum setup: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546.

So, internally, I wonder what they're making of this thread and if they have a plan to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

GoodBridge wrote: »
    I'm sure they know this thread exists and they monitor it. I mean, it's not like boards.ie is an obscure private forum in some little corner of the internet -they even have a boards.ie "talk to us" forum setup: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546.

So, internally, I wonder what they're making of this thread and if they have a plan to handle it.

Sure we're only a small group of Western Europeans, a drop in the ocean of the VM machine, making our hard earned cash work harder.......and proud followers of boards bargain alerts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wojtekp0811

Hi there, I am looking for email address for cancelation please

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

mirec wrote: »

Posted here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

GoodBridge wrote: »

They're not only aware of this thread- from talking to two of their Irish staff today- apparently a number of people have specifically directed them to this thread as a kind of 'if he got deal X I want it too'....... Apparently- between this- and the Sky deal finishing up- it was decided to yank the 9 month offers. Well done to anyone here who legitimately got the 9 month offers........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I got the letter in but have lost it, I need to cancel as moving, what is cut off date? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,679 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just got the bill for my first month (of 9 months) of half price. Used to be €84.99 (before the price increase), now €41.89 (after the price increase)

I still couldn't quite believe it until I saw it

Happy days :D

Advertisement