Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Esel wrote: »
    Probably gets you through to Manila.

Most calls do, regardless of what number you dial

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Every company on the planet answers sales calls fastest so choose that menu and feign ignorance about how you got dumped on their queue and ask to get transferred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

Before we lose the will to live here is there a number where you actually get to talk to an Irish person, have done the chat and have made 2 phone calls and still getting nowhere

They are actually charging us €99 for the €90 package advertised on the website - we are on an old package apparently and to "upgrade" to the new one involves signing into a contract - I am not doing that without a deal of some sort or other

God there is a full time job in this for someone that can negotiate - imagine being able to hire someone to do this for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Be carefull if calling the 1890 "low call" number... got my vodafone bill the other day and it cost me €7.30! Mind you they kept me on hold for ages, but they'll always do that when your changing your plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Be carefull if calling the 1890 "low call" number... got my vodafone bill the other day and it cost me €7.30! Mind you they kept me on hold for ages, but they'll always do that when your changing your plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Geezy wrote: »

http://www.saynoto1890.com/

There's an alternative 01 number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Geezy wrote: »

I used the Virgin phone app to call them. When they complained about the line quality I pointed out that it was their technology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭hexosan

athtrasna wrote: »
    I used the Virgin phone app to call them. When they complained about the line quality I pointed out that it was their technology

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

I know it's been posted many times before but another word of warning for those cancelling. I got rid of tv but kept broadband and phone. I had all sports and movies. I was out of my discount period and final full bill without any discounts came in at €159. After refusing to pay due to their errors this bill has now corrected to €70. It took four phone calls and two webchats. Check your final bill, folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Sky, Vodafone and Eir will have new marketing campaigns starting after Easter- which will highlight just how uncompetitive the UPC offering really are- and give ammunition to anyone who has the opportunity to switch, at that stage.
    The whole lot of them will give you at very least a 6 month half-price switching offer on the spot- if not more- but formal welcome offers will be relaunched imminently.

I havent huch luck with vodafone customer service in the past, I will look into Eir, any idea off the cuff if they are offering deals off their own stated prices? for new customers to encourage them in? I'll have to look into what Eirs offers are now as this jogged my memory.
    Looking again, as it seems I am out of contract after all.

I wonder can I cancel account and restart an account with VirginMedia in my wifes name at the same address, probably have to use the same bank details.
    Eir might be an option all the same, whats their technology? Virgin Medi is DSL, right?

edit, just checked eirs offers, 25 a month for a lot, but 92 a month after seems steep.
    MarkR wrote: »
    Just on the phone now. Was coming to end of cancellation timeframe. Probably could have got better, but ringing from work. Was paying 45 per month for 240 mb with all calls. Getting 4 months at 25, 2 at 45, and 6 a 50. Year cost will be 490 instead of 600 for same service and one year contract.

Better than pulling the plug on the internet and looking for a new provider!

I just looked at VM proces online 490 is only 30 less than they are offering for broadband (240mb) and their basic phone onlinbe now, does yours include tv?
    I got through to Customer Loyalty this morning and was offered 35e/month (6 months) instead of 45e/month with a new 12 month contract. Happy enough with that!

whats included in that? broadband, tv? phone?
    L1011 wrote: »
    I didn't know they actually offered broadband-only anymore - is that for 240?

Do they? that would be handy, I have the phone, but just dont use it with free calls on my mobile now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Mr. Tickle

Result!
    After weeks of exasperation I finally pulled the trigger and cancelled. Two weeks later they rang back and an (Irish) guy offered me six months at half price and six months at full price. With the new Virgin media modem which is supposedly very good as it has two Wi-Fi keys. Well happy. Thanks for all the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I had a major issue with them, and the team in Manila were worse than useless. Refused to listen to me when I pointed out their mistakes, and actually cut me off mid call at 6pm one Friday because it was closing time.

I had enough so rang credit control here in Ireland. Got them on 1890 940900. Spoke to an Irish girl who found the issue, restored our service, and explained what happened. All in 10 minutes. I was 4 months talking to Manila and getting nowhere. I will be calling credit control from now on with any issue I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Mr. Tickle wrote: »
    Result!
    After weeks of exasperation I finally pulled the trigger and cancelled. Two weeks later they rang back and an (Irish) guy offered me six months at half price and six months at full price. With the new Virgin media modem which is supposedly very good as it has two Wi-Fi keys. Well happy. Thanks for all the advice

I have rang 3 times and basically told to get stuffed and we have no discount offers to keep you and if I wanted a discount to return in 30 days as a new customer.

I would leave them if it was upto me but my dad wants to stay with them for convenience for the tv and recording.

Was cut off the package last night even though contract ran till today which obviously is annoying as well as you can't do nothing till Monday.

Not paying almost 100 euro for our older package as well when newer packages are cheaper but also don't want to go with Horizon after hearing all the bad comments about it.

My dad missed a call a few weeks ago from an irish number and was just wondering was it an 01 number you got the call from please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have rang 3 times and basically told to get stuffed and we have no discount offers to keep you and if I wanted a discount to return in 30 days as a new customer....

I think its longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

beauf wrote: »

I was told that by 2 different customer care operators from Manilla but who knows with them.So frustrating since customer care was moved from Ireland.

I think it used to be 4~6 months. But I'm not certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It's not, well it wasn't last year anyhow. I waited a month and resigned, HD tv and 240mb bb for €35 p/m on a 12 month contract.

Upc or VM deals and conditions are about as predictable as spin the bottle. Seem to change every time they say them.

Anyone know if you can cancel an existing account and then re sign up at a new address? to avail of any offers/discounts as a new customer, rather than just transferring your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,436 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cerastes wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can cancel an existing account and then re sign up at a new address? to avail of any offers/discounts as a new customer, rather than just transferring your account.

Assuming you're not in contract with the old address, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My €25/€30 deal for tv, broadband and phone will be coming to an end in mid June. What sort of deals have others been offered? Looked on their site and it looks very expensive :mad:
    Is their better value elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭vandriver

Millem wrote: »
    My €25/€30 deal for tv, broadband and phone will be coming to an end in mid June. What sort of deals have others been offered? Looked on their site and it looks very expensive :mad:
    Better than the 90 odd that you could be paying going forward,or better than 30 quid?

vandriver wrote: »
    Better than the 90 odd that you could be paying going forward,or better than 30 quid?

There is no chance I will pay €90. We rarely watch tv channels as have smart to and have unlimited calls on our mobiles.
    If push comes to shove I will get broadband only ideally with virgin so I can get the 17 channels in kitchen and get that free view dish so we can get CBeebies ;)

I would like to pay less than €50. The free view thing is once off payment.

Whats that, you have to wait a certain time before signing back up again as a "new" customer? is that what you mean?

you were getting tv,broadband and phone for 25 or 35 per month?
    what was the broadband speed? and what was included in the phone call allowance?

cerastes wrote: »
    Whats that, you have to wait a certain time before signing back up again as a "new" customer? is that what you mean?

you were getting tv,broadband and phone for 25 or 35 per month?
    what was the broadband speed? and what was included in the phone call allowance?

Yes it was €25 then it recently went up to €30. It was the deal loads of people got 12 months ago. All calls (mobile, national etc included) no idea what broadband speed and horizon tv included.

If you read through this thread it will come up

Yes it was €25 then it recently went up to €30. It was the deal loads of people got 12 months ago. All calls (mobile, national etc included) no idea what broadband speed and horizon tv included.

If you read through this thread it will come up

Ok, good to know,
    I wonder what they are offering now.
    Im an existing customer and am paying more for that without tv off them.

Im ringing up to cancel, I'll have my months notice and if they want to offer me something I suppose they will try contact me,

Otherwise I might go the vodafone or eir broadband route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Good news is my offer was applied properly. Unfortunately they refunded me a large part of the last bill on the old contract I paid and then charged me for the 27 days at full price. I paid 25 on the last package for until April 27th, they gave me credit for it and charged 46 for 1-27 April of my new contract. So after paying 25 for last month and owing 25 for next month they are looking for an addition 21.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Good news is my offer was applied properly. Unfortunately they refunded me a large part of the last bill on the old contract I paid and then charged me for the 27 days at full price. I paid 25 on the last package for until April 27th, they gave me credit for it and charged 46 for 1-27 April of my new contract. So after paying 25 for last month and owing 25 for next month they are looking for an addition 21.

Seriously advise taking it on the chin. Trying to get it rectified will make frontal lobe lobotomy appear like an attractive alternate.

If any Virgin Media Irish staff are reading this thread- please, please, please- bring our discontent with the ridiculous situation of trying to deal with staff in the Philippines to Management's attention- its not customer service- its customer disservice.........

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Got a call today from VM with a special offer as a loyal VM customer. On a 9 months half price deal currently, so was interested to say the least.

4 months free mobile with unlimited local/national/mobile calls, unlimited texts & 30GB? unlimited data.

Wow! I said, does this come with a new TV/Broadband/Phone contract also?

Yes. That's the catch I was told. Shame they forgot to mention it.

Anyway I passed on this amazing offer. So beware if anybody gets a similar offer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

evostik wrote: »
    Got a call today from VM with a special offer as a loyal VM customer. On a 9 months half price deal currently, so was interested to say the least.

4 months free mobile with unlimited local/national/mobile calls, unlimited texts & 30GB? unlimited data.

Wow! I said, does this come with a new TV/Broadband/Phone contract also?

Yes. That's the catch I was told. Shame they forgot to mention it.

Anyway I passed on this amazing offer. So beware if anybody gets a similar offer.

How long was the contract extended for?

Advertisement