Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Thats the risk you take- you have to be willing to cancel your subscription- just make sure you have a few days overlap between Virgin and your new supplier- to ensure you don't go dark.......

I wonder if they have a winback team with deeper offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

Hi

Just got an email from Virgin saying they are increasing there price from Jan 2017

We really hope you’ll go on enjoying your Virgin Media package and would hate to see you go. However, if you want to cancel, you can do so at any time before 07 December 2016, without any penalty or cancellation fees. Simply call us on 1908 and select option 1

So if your looking to get out of your contract now is the time to do so or
    try to get a deal out of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What are their new prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

What? Again? Jesus.

What? Again? Jesus.
    Not Jesus, it's Virgin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

what pacakge are you on with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

snubbleste wrote: »
    Not Jesus, it's Virgin.

pretty sure Jesus was a virgin.

pretty sure Jesus was a virgin.
    But he hung around with 12 apostles all the time.

snubbleste wrote: »
    What are their new prices?

They said an extra 4 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

ah god be with the days my Ma paid 4 shillings a month to RTE Relays, our B&W 20" Bush valiant deluxe never looked better.

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »
    what pacakge are you on with them?

We are on 240Mb Horizon Max and Anytime World

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

finno wrote: »
    Hi

Just got an email from Virgin saying they are increasing there price from Jan 2017

We really hope you’ll go on enjoying your Virgin Media package and would hate to see you go. However, if you want to cancel, you can do so at any time before 07 December 2016, without any penalty or cancellation fees. Simply call us on 1908 and select option 1

So if your looking to get out of your contract now is the time to do so or
    try to get a deal out of them.

those of you prepared to go to the end 9 months half price,those giving up half way 6 months half price,the rest of you a new router and an upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭vandriver

ninty wrote: »
    those of you prepared to go to the end 9 months half price,those giving up half way 6 months half price,the rest of you a new router and an upgrade
    Or more likely 98% will grumble a bit,then suck it up,leaving plenty in the budget for us more proactive consumers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭daheff

What? Again? Jesus.

every year...great opportunity for them to offer you half price for 6-9 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

I just negotiated a new deal with Virgin about 3 weeks ago and now this.

The email says "Information correct as at 27th September 2016. If you have made any changes to your account after this time they will not be reflected in the above." Does this mean, that if you changed package after 27 September 2016 that the increase does not apply?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks like we're starting to pay for their massive fine for not sending out contracts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Think it's time to to BB only in the house. TV is rubbish anyway, might aswell get the free to air dish in.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

FFS these 'yearly' calls seem to be getting more often. Paying €45 as it is for 120mbps only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I just updated my package a few days ago....and now this???

I had phone & BB ( I think 240mb ) for €50pm. Added TV the other day for €20pm with the first 4 months free. I just rang VM there and the price increase is supposedly only on the phone & BB part of my package, so I think someone is telling porkies to keep me with them for TV at least. I was offered €10 off for 3 months :mad:

I'll do much better than that. Cheap feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

TallGlass wrote: »
    Think it's time to to BB only in the house. TV is rubbish anyway, might aswell get the free to air dish in.
    You'll have about 17 channels (the common ones) by default if you only have the BB. Might suffice?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

Well my 6 months half price is ending soon thanks OP !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

FFS not again - ah well been using this to my advantage the past 2 years if not 3 years

6 months half price each time :D

I've just started paying full price since Auguest so I will welcome this:pac:

Didn't get an email about this yet however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Didn't get an email...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

I didnt either can i still get out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

dodzy wrote: »
    You'll have about 17 channels (the common ones) by default if you only have the BB. Might suffice?

Cheers, the only reason I am still with them is the father like the DVR for recording shows, they are literally hanging on by a thread here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

didn't get an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

JTMan wrote: »
    I just negotiated a new deal with Virgin about 3 weeks ago and now this.

The email says "Information correct as at 27th September 2016. If you have made any changes to your account after this time they will not be reflected in the above." Does this mean, that if you changed package after 27 September 2016 that the increase does not apply?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

TallGlass wrote: »
    Cheers, the only reason I am still with them is the father like the DVR for recording shows, they are literally hanging on by a thread here.
    Sat dish / foxsat HDR (or similar). 100+ channels. Sorted. No more bills. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

slave1 wrote: »
    Looks like we're starting to pay for their massive fine for not sending out contracts...

That and the 10,000 broadband and 50,000 TV customers they've lost this year!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

Anyone without email tried calling them ?

Advertisement