Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

rowdy_rr wrote:
    Anyone without email tried calling them ?

I did last night. Negotiated a new 12 month contract. Half price for 9 months and full price for 3. So 40 per month for 9 months and 80 thereafter. That's for TV, bb and phone. Rep also said I could call in 11 months and renegotiate again. Happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

For those of you that didn't get an email tell them you got a letter. I did and am looking to either migrate all services to Sky or getting rid of sky and getting a cheaper virgin package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Think I'll send them a bill of 200 Euro, for a cancellation fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Anyone have a copy of the email. They seem to be increasing every year now. Here are the previous ones: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/98468060

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

Anyone have a copy of the email. They seem to be increasing every year now. Here are the previous ones: http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/98468060

Here is the email i got

Account number :xxxxxxxxxx
    CONTRACT CHANGE
    From January your bill will go up by €4 a month
    Hello xxxxxxxxx ,
    We’re making some changes in January and we wanted to let you know that the amount you pay for your Virgin Media package will go up. This change will take effect from your first bill after January 1st 2017. Nobody likes a price rise, and we understand this. We're always looking at how we can bring you an even better TV package and add value to your Virgin Media experience wherever possible.
    If you’re enjoying a promotional offer or discount, don’t worry. You’ll still get this until it comes to an end.
    Make sure you're using your Inclusives
    The Inclusives are a team of helpful services that are available to you as part of your Virgin Media package, making it even better. Visit www.virginmedia.ie/inclusives to make sure you are using your full squad.
    Want to talk about your options?
    We really hope you’ll go on enjoying your Virgin Media package and would hate to see you go. However, if you want to cancel, you can do so at any time before 07 December 2016, without any penalty or cancellation fees. Simply call us on 1908 and select option 1.

To find out more about this price change, visit www.virginmedia.ie/change

Learn more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

finno wrote: »
    Here is the email i got

Account number :xxxxxxxxxx
    CONTRACT CHANGE
    From January your bill will go up by €4 a month
    Hello xxxxxxxxx ,
    We’re making some changes in January and we wanted to let you know that the amount you pay for your Virgin Media package will go up. This change will take effect from your first bill after January 1st 2017. Nobody likes a price rise, and we understand this. We're always looking at how we can bring you an even better TV package and add value to your Virgin Media experience wherever possible.
    If you’re enjoying a promotional offer or discount, don’t worry. You’ll still get this until it comes to an end.
    Make sure you're using your Inclusives
    The Inclusives are a team of helpful services that are available to you as part of your Virgin Media package, making it even better. Visit www.virginmedia.ie/inclusives to make sure you are using your full squad.
    We really hope you’ll go on enjoying your Virgin Media package and would hate to see you go. However, if you want to cancel, you can do so at any time before 07 December 2016, without any penalty or cancellation fees. Simply call us on 1908 and select option 1.

Learn more

What package are you on?

It seems to mention tv, broadband, or TV and broadband packages

No mention of Tv, phone and broadband packs, or broadband and phone packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am on tv, broadband, landline....no email...contract ending 7th of February thankfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

gmisk wrote: »
    I am on tv, broadband, landline....no email...contract ending 7th of February thankfully!

After reading the announcement you will get an email those who signed up after the end of Sept will not get an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

My email looked different to this, I'm currently on a BB and phone only contract which was setup in April and still using the old EPC2425 modem/router which is why they are pushing for me to grab the new Hub:
    From January your bill will go up by €2.50 a month
    Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    We’re making some changes in January and we wanted to let you know that, the amount you pay for your Virgin Media package will go up. This change will take effect from your first bill after January 1st 2017.
    We've got a new Virgin Media Hub waiting for you…
    We are migrating our 240Mb Broadband and Home Phone customers to the new Virgin Media Hub. The Hub offers the best in-home WiFi experience in the market – ensuring you get the best WiFi speeds and range throughout the home.

You can exchange your existing modem for the new Virgin Media Hub at no extra cost and without extending your contract. We’re currently communicating with customers to roll out the new hub and you can request yours now at www.virginmedia.ie/besthub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What package are you on?

It seems to mention tv, broadband, or TV and broadband packages

No mention of Tv, phone and broadband packs, or broadband and phone packs.

I have tv broadband & phone 240Mb Horizon Max and Anytime World

• Advertisement

Crap. Same as myself

That said, I think I'm 4 months into 9 months half price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

When I checked to see what I was paying monthly, I notice I havent been charged anything since the change over of my TV from UPC to Virgin!!

May just keep going with this until they notice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

After reading the announcement you will get an email those who signed up after the end of Sept will not get an email.

I received an email even though I changed my contract last month. I contact the online chat and got confirmation that the new price increase would not affect me as my contract change happened after Sep27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

whats the general pricing for people?

I'm on 120mbps (NEVER get that since UPC went to Virgin) and paying €45 a month, now going up..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Griffinx

That explains why they wanted me into a contract so bad. They called me several times in the past couple of months offering 5 /month off for first 6 months if I signed up for a year. Glad now I told them where to shove it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Griffinx wrote: »
    That explains why they wanted me into a contract so bad. They called me several times in the past couple of months offering 5 /month off for first 6 months if I signed up for a year. Glad now I told them where to shove it

Explains what? When there is a price increase you can exit the contract without penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cutthegrass

Sinbad311 wrote:
    I did last night. Negotiated a new 12 month contract. Half price for 9 months and full price for 3. So 40 per month for 9 months and 80 thereafter. That's for TV, bb and phone. Rep also said I could call in 11 months and renegotiate again. Happy with that.

How long did you have left on your old contract when you rang them looking for a new deal/contract?

My contract is up January and I rang last night looking for 6 months half price as Vodafone are installing their new fibre optic broadband in my estate. But I was told they couldn't apply a discount at the moment. (I didn't get a price increase email yet.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

I rang Virgin yesterday my contract for tv broadband and phone due to expire Feb 2017. Didn't get the email but let on I had and they agreed to give me new package ! Offered me (12 mth contract) @ 45p/mth for 9 months and then 3 months at 99e per mth (total for year 742.50 that's an average of 61.88 per month). Add the Contracxt charge and it brings it to circa 66 per month in total on average.

Rang Eir they will offer similar TV Broadband and phone package at 30e for 6 mths then 85e for 12 mths (18 mth contract in total) (total for year contribution paid by me averages at 66 per month) - exactly the same contribution per month as Virgin Media.

Is there price fixing going on or what? Time to talk to the competition authority methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Is there price fixing going on or what? Time to talk to the competition authority methinks.

I was thinking the same thing tbh....pricing is way too close.

There are other providers apart from eir and virgin.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There are other providers apart from eir and virgin.

I tried sky too. €20 per annum in the difference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

goz83 wrote: »
    I tried sky too. €20 per annum in the difference
    - or + :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I rang Virgin yesterday my contract for tv broadband and phone due to expire Feb 2017. Didn't get the email but let on I had and they agreed to give me new package ! Offered me (12 mth contract) @ 45p/mth for 9 months and then 3 months at 99e per mth (total for year 742.50 that's an average of 61.88 per month). Add the Contracxt charge and it brings it to circa 66 per month in total on average.

Rang Eir they will offer similar TV Broadband and phone package at 30e for 6 mths then 85e for 12 mths (18 mth contract in total) (total for year contribution paid by me averages at 66 per month) - exactly the same contribution per month as Virgin Media.

What are you getting in the package that Virgin are offering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Are they being a bit tougher this year,really haggled and best i could get was €10 off for 6 months,system would not allow anything else.

ninty wrote: »
    Are they being a bit tougher this year,really haggled and best i could get was €10 off for 6 months,system would not allow anything else.

Really? I just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago. 2 days ago, I was offered €10 off for 3 months :mad:

Today, they offered 6 months half price when I asked about cancelling my service. I opted to upgrade to 100 channels and I got 9 months half price. Happy days. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

Got the email... hurrah !! Rise of 2.5 eur pm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

goz83 wrote: »
    Really? I just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago. 2 days ago, I was offered €10 off for 3 months :mad:

Today, they offered 6 months half price when I asked about cancelling my service. I opted to upgrade to 100 channels and I got 9 months half price. Happy days. :pac:
    Have just broadband and phone,think they know there is no one cheaper than them and know you wont cancel,did offer the upgrade(tv) half price for 6 mths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm a virgin customer. Is there any way you can just get broadband and tv or is the triple bundle (incl phone) still the cheapest option?

ninty wrote: »
    Have just broadband and phone,think they know there is no one cheaper than them and know you wont cancel,did offer the upgrade(tv) half price for 6 mths

Sure that offer is online anyway.

BEWARE. If you change your package, you could be left without service for a couple of days. My BB is down from 240 to 90. I have 0 TV channels. Tech Support passed me to Loyalty Team who say my plan was changed and I could be without service for a couple of days :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm a virgin customer. Is there any way you can just get broadband and tv or is the triple bundle (incl phone) still the cheapest option?

The bundles with phone work out cheaper. It's a few years since they did TV and broadband bundles.

Advertisement