Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I got an email today saying important contract change it was going up by €4 euro my contract is not out till April

Can i cancel it before its out ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 rowdy_rr

torrevieja wrote:
    Can i cancel it before its out ?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

dodzy wrote: »
    You'll have about 17 channels (the common ones) by default if you only have the BB. Might suffice?

sorry for bumping this post but an you explain this please. I have bb only but didn't know i could get channels too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bluefinger wrote:
    sorry for bumping this post but an you explain this please. I have bb only but didn't know i could get channels too?

Virgin operate an analogue tv signal in conjunction with their digital service. A set top box is required to access the digital service but the analogue signal is available to most if not all customers by simply using a coaxial cable and connecting it to the virgin terminal and your tv. You will receive approximately 20 channels via this method

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

bluefinger wrote: »

Run a coax lead from the bb point on the wall into the aerial slot on the tv and voila.

I binned the TV off a couple of years ago, the little I watch is covered by those 16 channels (was 17 but setanta is gone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 orourkk3

Following a second phonecall I got them down to 40 for 9 months and 85 for the following 3. 240 mb broadband and 100 channels. I had 120 mbs without tv. This was after a number of other offers that I rejected. Persistence is key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

You need to use the correct splitter though !
    Its something like this
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/upc-virgin-media-splitter/10541417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

You need to use the correct splitter though !
    Its something like this
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/upc-virgin-media-splitter/10541417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

orourkk3 wrote: »
    Following a second phonecall I got them down to 40 for 9 months and 85 for the following 3. 240 mb broadband and 100 channels. I had 120 mbs without tv. This was after a number of other offers that I rejected. Persistence is key.

Out of curiosity, what were they offering for just BB before you accepted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Virgin operate an analogue tv signal in conjunction with their digital service. A set top box is required to access the digital service but the analogue signal is available to most if not all customers by simply using a coaxial cable and connecting it to the virgin terminal and your tv. You will receive approximately 20 channels via this method
    kellsred wrote: »
    Run a coax lead from the bb point on the wall into the aerial slot on the tv and voila.

I binned the TV off a couple of years ago, the little I watch is covered by those 16 channels (was 17 but setanta is gone)

just want to say thanks lads, tried that there and it works a charm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 orourkk3

Out of curiosity, what were they offering for just BB before you accepted?

10 euro off for 6 months, 240 mbs. So 40 for the first 6 months going up to 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

Anyone have a direct number for the loyalty department? I tried the one I had from last year but they've ceased it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Anyone have a direct number for the loyalty department? I tried the one I had from last year but they've ceased it

The number I have is 061-272190 ... Not sure if this is the one you already tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

is everyone getting this increase? My wife deals with the emails/bills for Virgin and says she hasn't got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

I have just received the email with the increase. I signed a new contract with them on the 26th of September, so most likely I will be hit with the new increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Nalz wrote: »
    is everyone getting this increase? My wife deals with the emails/bills for Virgin and says she hasn't got one.

Nothing for me either. I would imagine it's coming sooner or later. They probably just want to alleviate calls to their call centre. If everyone got the mail at once they'd be inundated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

They just confirmed for me that I will get the increase.

I will probably wait until a few days before the 10th of December deadline in order to call and renegotiate a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I got the new router thanks to this. It said free with no contract extension. With no connection fee or anything. Next day delivery too. I didn't call just used the link from the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Live chat is a waste of time , wasn't offered any incentive to stay. Rang up and was offered 4 months half price broadband. Refused this and was offered half price on entire bundle for 4 months, refused this also and went ahead and cancelled the tv part of it. Received an automatic email then saying sorry to hear you've cancelled,please ring to discuss if we can keep you. Rang and told them to go ahead and cancel the broadband also. Was then offered 6 months half price on the entire bundle plus the new modem. You have to be willing to go ahead and cancel if you want the best deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Nalz wrote: »

I haven't got a email yet but I contacted them yesterday via online chat and asked was I affected they said yes.

I cancelled today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

I haven't got a email yet but I contacted them yesterday via online chat and asked was I affected they said yes.

I cancelled today.

Offer you any discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I cancelled today.

We are only 3 months in on our TV deal and about 9 months on our broadband.

Was it easy enough to cancel? Did you cancel both TV and broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I got the new router thanks to this. It said free with no contract extension. With no connection fee or anything. Next day delivery too. I didn't call just used the link from the email.

Thanks.
    I got a letter but no email, would you mind posting the link

is this a new thing i could never ring them till my contract was out

im on 3 tvs and broadband one tv has a recorder,

what sort off offer should i expect and my broadband is :Download
    49.5 Mbps
    Upload
    12 Mbps
    Latency
    20.4 ms

is this a new thing i could never ring them till my contract was out

im on 3 tvs and broadband one tv has a recorder,

what sort off offer should i expect and my broadband is :Download
    49.5 Mbps
    Upload
    12 Mbps
    Latency
    20.4 ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Can one come down off the 240mb contract to a slower cheaper speed without a penalty .

240mb is useless over wifi. No point in it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Can one come down off the 240mb contract to a slower cheaper speed without a penalty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

10/11/2016 Received new modem CH7465LG-VM
    Old modem can be collected by calling 014405310

Called 1908 loyalty department mentioning I refuse price increase in January.
    Will keep current package of 240 mb broadband but pay 25 for 6 months then 50 starting 21Dec bill

08/11/2016 Applied for new modem https://www.virginmedia.ie/besthub
    "You can swap your existing modem for free and without extending your contract."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

With the new modem you can get for free (See my post above) you get very good WiFi speed fully using the 240Mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Using horizon by any chance?

Advertisement