Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

athtrasna wrote: »
    Virgin indicated to me the last time I called them that you got 9 months if you had reported a series of problems with the service.

They did 'remove' by DIR 965 wifi router- when collecting the Cisco modem- back in February- and undertook to investigate and get my wifi router back to me- which never happened........ I eventually bought a new Nighthawk to replace it- which means I'm down over 200 quid- and they have all this on record- I guess this would be a sufficient case? I did report it, was told it would be investigated- they can see it all on my file- but no-one did ever get back to me, and there was no indication that they would make good their error. I could use this as a bargaining tool- however, if it meant I had to accept that they'd lost the router- the cost of the replacement was a multiple of what I'd save from having 9 months half price, rather than 6 months- if they gave me the whole 12 months at half price- it would be approaching the financial cost of the missing router and the new purchase- so I'd not even be quids pro quo up (and thats ignoring the fact that they're proposing to increase the cost yet again.........)

I suppose I could call them yet again- the last agent I was talking really didn't give a hoot to even try to engage with me- I'm annoyed as hell with them for a few different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Rang VM up the other day - got 9 months half price at £25 then 3 months at £50 - package stayed the same ie 240mb Bb and Anytime World - just mentioned that had one or two service issues(webmail down etc) and got it easy enough. Took the Mickey a bit by chancing my arm asking for 12 months half price ha(declined)

Would not go near their TV product especially with the Horizon bug list still on going - happy with Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Rang VM up the other day - got 9 months half price at £25 then 3 months at £50 - package stayed the same ie 240mb Bb and Anytime World - just mentioned that had one or two service issues(webmail down etc) and got it easy enough. Took the Mickey a bit by chancing my arm asking for 12 months half price ha(declined)

Would not go near their TV product especially with the Horizon bug list still on going - happy with Sky.

How long were you on the phone? was it irish call centre or manilla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

ronano wrote: »
    How long were you on the phone? was it irish call centre or manilla?

Got through straight away after dialling 1908 option 1 gets you straight through to Customer Loyalty - they must have extra staff on to cope with the demand! All done in less than 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Anybody getting any deals on Sky Sports when "renegotiating" their contract? Seems a lot of the rivals are offering half price as a sweetener when signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

I only got offered 6 months half price despite adding Horizon 50 channels to my BB360+phone package.
    Told them people got offered 9 months but still refused.
    They have an offer for new customer with €100 extra savings.
    Cheaper for me to leave and re-join.
    Just not sure if I need to have the 30 days notice finished to join with my flatmate's name ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Rang upyesterday. Wanted tv anyway as at present all I have is Saorview. Told them I'm going to Eir as they've a decent new customer offer on telly and broadband. Boom - offered 6 months tv and internet at half price (€40).Considering I'm paying €50 at the moment for internet only I was happy with that offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I posted a while back, but I still haven't received any information about a price increase. Should I be worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I posted a while back, but I still haven't received any information about a price increase. Should I be worried?

I haven't heard anything yet either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Sky giving a free 32" Samsung tv with their bundles

Just bought a new tv during the week.
    32" is a bit small - Antway I don't need another tv, I have 2 already.

Any1 know if Sky gives allowance if you don't take up their tv offer ???

Got that deal as well, any idea which Samsung model it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

mcgovern wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything yet either...

I only received my email on Friday last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Just got the email now that cost is going up by €4 in January.
    My contract ends in January too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Rang just now. I was on 240 mb with call package which was 50 pm going up to 52.50 . They offered 6 months half price so decided to go up to 360 mb with slightly better call package at 60pm half price for 6 months. I asked for 9 months at half price but they would not budge. Got though within a min on 1908 option 1

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

They offered me 3 months half price. Went ahead with 30 days notice. I'll call back in a week and pretend i was offered 6 months half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

They offered me 3 months half price. Went ahead with 30 days notice. I'll call back in a week and pretend i was offered 6 months half price.

Can you keep us updated please,

Its would be interesting to hear what happens

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry forgot to mention I had a modem power supply go out which they did not respond to via email . Once i contacted the boards reps though (which I should have done in the first place) it was sorted ASAP

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They note on the accounts what customers have been offered- there is no point in lying to them- and to be honest with you- I don't think it really bothers them if a few customers leave...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

I think you have to give 1 months notice to cancel, and I've seen people on here who have given their notice to cancel only to receive an email soon after saying they're sorry to see you go and to call them to see if they can retain you.

If push comes to shove, it might be worth a try

Thank you, you beautiful man or woman!

I rang last week and the best they would offer me was 4 months half price on 240mb broadband. I refused and sent a cancellation email. Got a call from them today offering me 6 months half price, told them I wanted 9 months, and they obliged!

Happy out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Jusy rang and got a tenner off 240 bb, 40 euro a month for 6 months, 50 after.

Not the best deal looking at you guys but still money off anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

I was offered nothing! She said she was confident their broadband is the best around for the money. She's right too but that doesn't help me get a deal! I'll ring cancellations direct and see if they are arsed keeping my business.

They note on the accounts what customers have been offered- there is no point in lying to them- and to be honest with you- I don't think it really bothers them if a few customers leave...........

I'll say it must be a typo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Rang them earlier, didn't get any email of price increase and contract is up next month!

Was offered 20€ off 4 months, i refused and asked 9 month half price, guy said best he can do 6 month half price so i took it.

240 mb - 25€ 6 month and 50€ for rest 6 months.

It is becoming yearly ritual now to call and ask for 6 month half price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭DopeTech

superg wrote: »
    I was offered nothing! She said she was confident their broadband is the best around for the money. She's right too but that doesn't help me get a deal! I'll ring cancellations direct and see if they are arsed keeping my business.

Yeah you have to talk to the loyalty team. The regular customer service reps can't/don't offer much. I contacted the loyalty team on the online chat. You can ask to be transferred to them.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Currently on Fibre Bundle, got the 9mths @ 40/ 3mths @ 80 offer. Just need to insist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I phoned yesterday. Got BB upgraded to 360, phone package upgraded to anytime world and on Horizon Max.
    They've offered 4 months @ €45 (half price) and then the following 8 months @ €95... just looking online, if i were a new customer I would get 6 months half price with this bundle.

Would I be entitled to cancel contract and then sign up as a new customer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

sullivk wrote: »
    I phoned yesterday. Got BB upgraded to 360, phone package upgraded to anytime world and on Horizon Max.
    They've offered 4 months @ €45 (half price) and then the following 8 months @ €95... just looking online, if i were a new customer I would get 6 months half price with this bundle.

Would I be entitled to cancel contract and then sign up as a new customer?

You have to be a non customer for one month until you can be 'new' is what i was told.

Those notes don't mean much by the looks of things :) . ;)

Got 6 months half price. Got onto chat and said that's what I was offered.

30 euro for 6 months, 60 for the last 6.

360MB with unlimited calls to mobiles & landlines in 23+ countries. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

Those notes don't mean much by the looks of things :) . ;)

Got 6 months half price. Got onto chat and said that's what I was offered.

30 euro for 6 months, 60 for the last 6.

360MB with unlimited calls to mobiles & landlines in 23+ countries. Happy days.

30,40,32.5 or 42.5 euros ?

• Advertisement

30, then 60

Advertisement