Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Remedy23

I'm in the midst of sorting out a deal myself. Have been offered half price for 6 months, holding out on the 9 months offer.

Just in relation to the new hub, is it any better or any different to the current modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Remedy23 wrote: »
    I'm in the midst of sorting out a deal myself. Have been offered half price for 6 months, holding out on the 9 months offer.

Just in relation to the new hub, is it any better or any different to the current modem?

Not too up on the technical side but we were having terrible problems with our wifi in different parts of the house. Techs had been out a few times and said only solution was rewiring outsid but we weren't keen on that as wire would have gone right down front of the house. We also had a signal booster that helped somewhat.
    Anyway when we heard about the new hub we asked for one, got it and haven't had one issue since. Definitely seems a stronger more reliable wifi signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

sillysocks wrote: »
    Not too up on the technical side but we were having terrible problems with our wifi in different parts of the house. Techs had been out a few times and said only solution was rewiring outsid but we weren't keen on that as wire would have gone right down front of the house. We also had a signal booster that helped somewhat.
    Anyway when we heard about the new hub we asked for one, got it and haven't had one issue since. Definitely seems a stronger more reliable wifi signal.

I live in 3 storey house.
    With old modem we only had reception on ground floor. New hub sorted it all out.

It switches between 2.5hz & 5hz - kinda multi channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Remedy23 wrote: »

We haven't seen any improvement in our wifi signal upstairs anyway. Still need to use a wifi extender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Got the Hub about a month ago, wifi upstairs had been barely working, now it works as well as downstairs. Giving them a call Friday to get a deal, last time i tried they were woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

I got the email a while back about the Contract issues so renegotiated a new deal of 6 months half price and a new modem. And then last week i got the email about the new price increase so i rang yesterday to renegotiate again!
    After looking at my file the lad on the line (Irish) told me that the price increase didn't apply to me as i agreed to a new deal in October. He said he would note this in my file. Anyone else told this? Was hoping to get a new deal again!!:) Don't want to be hit with an increase come January......

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

maximo31 wrote: »
    I got the email a while back about the Contract issues so renegotiated a new deal of 6 months half price and a new modem. And then last week i got the email about the new price increase so i rang yesterday to renegotiate again!
    After looking at my file the lad on the line (Irish) told me that the price increase didn't apply to me as i agreed to a new deal in October. He said he would note this in my file. Anyone else told this? Was hoping to get a new deal again!!:) Don't want to be hit with an increase come January......

I was in the same boat as you. I renegotiated when I got the contract error email and got the half price deal. However, I just renegotiated another 6 months half price because of the price increase even though I wasn't through the last deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

will the increase still apply that they were talking about in january if you are in a new contract

I was previously on a 9 month half price offer that ended last month. When I rang last week the guy (Irish) told me I woulnd't be able to get another 9 months because of that. After a few stupid offers the best he'd do was 4 months so I told him to go ahead and put the cancellation through.
    Rang back today and got Manilla, said I had an offer of a new package from Eir but had heard my neighbour got 9 months half price so if I could get that I'd stay. He offered 6 and I said it wasn't enough and straight away without even going on hold he said 'ok 9 months and 240mb bb' (up from 120). So even being just out of a deal doesns't mean you won't get another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

maximo31 wrote: »

Yeah I got the same email - increase DOES NOT Apply for contracts agreed Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Paulzx wrote: »
    I got 6 months half price and moved over to Horizon. The agent in Manila refused to give me a Hub. Said he could only do "one offer"

3 Days later a brand new Horizon Box and a Hub arrived to the door!!!!

They are the most random company I've ever dealt with

The thrilla in manila.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Yeah I got the same email - increase DOES NOT Apply for contracts agreed Oct

Where does it say it doesn't impact October contracts? I'm in same situation, new contract in october because of their ****up and comreg, 6 months half price 6 months full. I got onto chat support, they said i would be impacted by the increase and got the increase email 2 days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

ronano wrote: »
    Where does it say it doesn't impact October contracts? I'm in same situation, new contract in october because of their ****up and comreg, 6 months half price 6 months full. I got onto chat support, they said i would be impacted by the increase and got the increase email 2 days ago.

From the email...just off the phone to Virgin and they confirmed that had I entered a new contract with them after 27/9 then the increase would not impact me.
    But I didn't, so it does.
    Information correct as at 27th September 2016. If you have made any changes to your account after this time they will not be reflected in the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Manilla, 1/2 Price, 9 months, and a free Hub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Patser

Yay!!! Got my email today....

No, wait that's not a good thing is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

So is everyone mostly happy with the new hub?

I'm still using the Cisco EPC3925 but get nervous about upsetting my setup when things aint broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

6 Months Half Price, Modem Plus Free Return Flights To manilla Off Peak Months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Got a UK person on the first call. An irish on the second call. Ended up with 6 months half price, upgrade to horizon, upgrade from 60 to 240, new modem.
    Happy enough. Why do they make us do this merry little dance though?

sillysocks wrote: »
    I was previously on a 9 month half price offer that ended last month. When I rang last week the guy (Irish) told me I woulnd't be able to get another 9 months because of that. After a few stupid offers the best he'd do was 4 months so I told him to go ahead and put the cancellation through.
    Rang back today and got Manilla, said I had an offer of a new package from Eir but had heard my neighbour got 9 months half price so if I could get that I'd stay. He offered 6 and I said it wasn't enough and straight away without even going on hold he said 'ok 9 months and 240mb bb' (up from 120). So even being just out of a deal doesns't mean you won't get another one.

Was on the chat with them today and told no deal could be done as we are only back with them 4 months. He was adamant that no deal would be offered and when I pointed out that other people in similar situations were getting a deal he asked for account numbers and phone numbers of those people. Asked him about data protection laws and was it common practice to ask for such information. He came back with 4 months half price and then spent the rest of the chat slating Eir and Sky, telling me how awful their service was. Told him that Eir had offered a great deal and he ended the chat saying "Well go to Eir and don't bother with us then, some people". May trying ringing later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I had no joy with "Kyle" on chat yesterday. He was happy to put me on a new contract but at full price. Claimed he knew nothing about any half price offers. As soon as I mentioned Eir/Sky he started slating them. Suggested I ring Loyalty which I will do this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So is everyone mostly happy with the new hub?

I'm still using the Cisco EPC3925 but get nervous about upsetting my setup when things aint broke.
    I was in the exact same position as yourself. Have the Cisco modem over 5 years now and never had the issues some have had with their other brand boxes.

I've heard good things about this one and I'd imagine it has better range and newer ac wifi so I asked for the upgrade. Hope I don't regret it.

fdevine wrote: »
    I had no joy with "Kyle" on chat yesterday. He was happy to put me on a new contract but at full price. Claimed he knew nothing about any half price offers. As soon as I mentioned Eir/Sky he started slating them. Suggested I ring Loyalty which I will do this evening.

Same thing when I was on with Ezekiel.
    You wont like EIR Darko. Number one their prices are desperate without disrespecting them. Number two: Sky, Vodafone, Magnet, Imagine, Three & Eir are all sharing the same 100MB rented internet line which causes many different issues with their broadband. You have 360mb and you wont even be able to downgrade to 100mb It will reduce your internet speed and coverage. Number 3: EIR TV works off their 100mb shared internet which makes their TV not that great. Imagine over Christmas if your EIR broadband is out then your TV is out too. Number 4: Their installation process is unthinkable. Number 5: How many times are they buying their company and bailing them out. It shows alot is not right with their business before they close some part of it and leave millions of customers without service.

Rang them awhile back and was offered 6 months half price, going to try again later and see what I can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Just have bb with them, 3 months in to the 4 month half price package, rang and got 4 months starting again, and no price increase.

So technically I'm getting 7months half price on a 15 month package, happy enough. Could I have done better??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Recently renewed the contract like most users on here. Just received the new bill, and surprise surprise no discount has been applied to the bill. Absolute nightmare trying to get on to them all evening. Hopefully get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Have tv,broadband and phone. Rang earlier and told them I could get better deal with Eircom. Guy said Eircom tv was terrible and 18 month contract. I told him Sky's tv was better and he said that was my opinion :D.
    He then told me I was just finished a 9 month half price deal and they couldn't give me another one, he offered me 6 months half price.
    Told him to stop all the messing around, I know they are giving 9 months to people. So put cancellation thru or sign me up for 9 months half price.
    He went away and came back with 9 months half price offer. Just keep pushing and you will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

If you got a better deal, did you all ring the 1908 number or something else, about ready to ring them now, broadband is up and down

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

eurokev wrote: »
    Could I have done better??

Yes, you could have done better- 9 months half price on a new 12 month contract- which would be 12 months half price out of 15.......... It has been done. Some of their staff are playing hardball- some of them just don't have their heart in it- the sales people can only give you 4 months half price- cancellations can give you up to 9 months, if pressurised sufficiently- you *need* to talk to cancellations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just select the right option on the menu. Leaving for another provider, not leaving because of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just select the right option on the menu. Leaving for another provider, not leaving because of price.

Thanks

My issue is the broadband through the horizon box

• Advertisement

Thanks

My issue is the broadband through the horizon box

I also choose the leaving for another provider option, and straight away refused every push to get me onto Horizon. Had no interest in it and made that clear!

Advertisement