Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Anybody having issues with there bill after they do the deal ,

Mine is still wrong i rang them up and she said oh ur bill is all over the place

but im just noticing from the bill online there charging me for home phone,

which was part of the deal included even though i told her i didnt want it

and which i do not even want or use as i have my old eir number ...

HOME PHONE
    Phone Number Description Quantity Dates Amount
    01 Anytime World (First 4 days) 1 03 Jan - 06 Jan 2017 € 1.61
    01 Anytime World (Recurring Charge) 1 07 Jan - 06 Feb 2017 € 12.50
    01 Home Phone (First 4 days) 1 03 Jan - 06 Jan 2017 € 1.49
    01Home Phone (Recurring Charge) 1 07 Jan - 06 Feb 2017 € 11.50
    Total € 27.10

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The package is actually cheaper- if you include the home phone- even if you don't use it- its cheaper just to say nothing........

My bill is all over the place too- and they never gave me the new phone either (I was promised a Siemens Gigaset as a welcome to the phone service- but they never sent it). I just don't have the time or energy to ring them chasing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,444 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I haven't received a bill since November. I pay by bank transfer as they're so bad at taking DDs - not that they'd be allowed take one that wasn't notified legally - so they've not been paid since then either. No contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

torrevieja wrote: »
    How do u get these boxes returned im not leaving just have 2 old ones

I think it's up to yourself to bring it to one of those WEEE recycling places, but open to correction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Was talking to online chat in Manilla and told them i wanted to leave, girl proceeded to offer me free hub router.
    I said sure everyone on 240mb gets that and I want to 9 months half price or i leave.

She switched me to loyalty team in ireland and very nice guy said let me "see what i can do for you"

He offered me 9 months half price & new hub router (it arrived the next day and its unreal)

On old cisco router I was getting about 30-40mb on wifi & I'm now getting speeds from 100mb ++ . Last night a speed test peaked at 205mb

vwH42um.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Rang up today to get the 9 months half price on 240 broadband.

Told me i could have six months straight away but couldnt have 9 months half price 2 years in a row.

Ill ring back monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Rang up today to get the 9 months half price on 240 broadband.

Told me i could have six months straight away but couldnt have 9 months half price 2 years in a row.

Ill ring back monday.

I signed up as a new customer and they wouldnt give me 9 months half price, only got 6.

But within my 14 days cooling off period I called back to cancel and got 9 months handy enough.

Could be the best approach for new customers. Might only be the loyalty team that can give 9 months half price and you only speak to them when cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Insisted wanted to cancel TV package. Got 9 months half price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

My bill is all over the place too- and they never gave me the new phone either (I was promised a Siemens Gigaset as a welcome to the phone service- but they never sent it). I just don't have the time or energy to ring them chasing it.
    I don't even bother trying to deal with them on the 'phone. When I got my notification about the price hike and the option to cancel, I emailed them on 13 December and gave notice to terminate the account (on 13 January). The email was acknowledged, and when I got the usual cut-and-paste-from-the-instruction-manual about how they "needed" me to call them for a "verbal confirmation for security purposes", and that only then would a team member provide me with the email address for cancelling, bla, bla, bla, I just replied very briefly to remind them again that they'd already received my written instruction (as per their T&C) and to request that they now escalate the matter to a formal complaint. Heard nothing back. On 5 January they again billed me in advance for the coming month's services (so they now owe me money). I wrote back one last time, attached the previous correspondence, and told them that I'd now cancelled my DD and would give them 10 working days after 13/01 to reimburse me the money they owe me or I would take legal action.

I've been here so many times before with this shower (as UPC and since the VM rebranding) that I know exactly what will happen — the next DD will fail, on 5 February, a few days later they'll contact me looking for payment and I'll inform them that as promised, I've now handed the matter over to my legal representatives.

Then, very quickly, a manager somewhere will get on the phone to me with the same BS apologies as before. I'll remind him/her of all the déjà vu experiences in the past and tell them that as a minimum I want 9 months at half-price, we'll kiss and make up, and I'll rinse and repeat until the next price hike.

These dolts just don't understand any other language. That's why over the years I have invariably found that a couple of precisely-worded emails is a time-saver compared to hours of pointless sitting on hold and explaining *their* fúck-ups to one ill-trained jobsworth after another (I also CC these emails in paper copy to their Director of Customer Service).

It's a helluva way to run a business, but if the company wants to continue saving me money every year, hey, that's their call. For now I'll continue to enjoy their product for free (as of two days ago) until someone with an IQ over 40 realises that they stand to lose more than just a customer and comes looking to set things right. I'll report back and let ye know what deal I've been offered at that point.

Illegitimi non carborundum, and all that... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Nice one peckerhead.

Will use this technique next year. Who's the director of CS at Virgin Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

According to the facsimile signature on their "Good News!" notification letter about the price increase, it's Michael A. Murphy. But I'd imagine there's a high turnover rate in that company's middle management (could hardly blame them), so I just address it f.a.o. Director of Customer Services. It doesn't really matter what name you put, you'll be called by a different person. The boys and girls (but mostly boys) on €100K+ salaries don't get their hands dirty with the likes of customers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I'm surprised VM haven't stuck in a "less than 10℅ rise doesn't allow you to jump ship" clause into the T&C's like sky have done. I'm a new customer and my introductory offer for 4 months is ending. Is there anything I can do to get a price reduction considering I've 8 months of my contact left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jca wrote: »
    I'm surprised VM haven't stuck in a "less than 10℅ rise doesn't allow you to jump ship" clause into the T&C's like sky have done. I'm a new customer and my introductory offer for 4 months is ending. Is there anything I can do to get a price reduction considering I've 8 months of my contact left.

Not really unless you can find a hole in the sales process. How did you order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not really unless you can find a hole in the sales process. How did you order?

Online order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Called yesterday with 240mb Horizon, Max TV and Anytime phone packages looking for a deal following the price increase to €94. I got the 9 months half price deal in August 2015 so I've been out of contract since August 2016. Didn't hold out much hope of a deal after I was reminded about the 9 months half price :p

I was offered the six months half price for the 360Mb/Full House TV package. I ended up downgrading to Mix TV (50 channels), upgraded to 360mb broadband with Mobile World phone for €48.24 for 6 months, €80 month after; TV is fixed at €20/month instead of €30. Very happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Easiest way to contact loyalty department?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

061-272190

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Just finished my second phone call with Cancellations.

First call could only get me 6 months half price on the old Horizon Max bundle with 240mb BB and new router/hub. As I previously had a 9 month half price, the irish support operator was saying he couldn’t offer it this time, so hung up and rang today

Second Call, got the 9 month offer straight away as soon as I said I was moving to Sky for 6months half price and would only be interest in at least the 9 month offer. No change in plan but getting the new router/hub also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i have the combo box that is the tv and broadband router combined.

In fairness the BB doesnt cause much hassel. had to reboot a few times but nothing major.

The tv interface is a disaster, very slow and jumpy.

Anyone had one of these boxes and got it changed to seperates and did it improve?

I will be out of contract soon so want to know exaclty what i want

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

061-272190

Any idea if they are open after 6pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Sniipe wrote: »
    Any idea if they are open after 6pm?

9am to 9pm AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Be very careful about your upgrade. I rang to get a better deal. Wanted to stay with my existing setup. Sales rep said I would get double the speed and she would give me 6 months at 25 and 6 at 50. No other change. When I got my first bill I'm now been charged for mobile calls. They were free previously. Bill gone through the roof. Rang them and they told me they advised me of the change. (They didnt) Fuming with them as now had a phone package which was useless to me. Had to go back on the old package and that took a lot of shouting. Now tied into 12 month contract.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

They should a copy of the phone call?

I asked them to check it and they said they did and all they would say was they advised me of the change. I am one million % they did not. They wouldn't send me a copy of the call either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I asked them to check it and they said they did and all they would say was they advised me of the change. I am one million % they did not. They wouldn't send me a copy of the call either.

Submit a formal Data Protection request. You're legally entitled to a copy of any data they hold on you.

I did this with them a year or two ago, and got a very conciliatory call from a nice lady asking 'is there a problem here that we can fix'.

Submit a formal Data Protection request. You're legally entitled to a copy of any data they hold on you.

I did this with them a year or two ago, and got a very conciliatory call from a nice lady asking 'is there a problem here that we can fix'.

Thank you I will do that because I am rightly Pee'd off.

061-272190

New bill for Jan, too dear so rang that number but got an answering machine which said I had to ring 1908 (which I didn't want to do).
    Got put through to somewhere far far away (i.e. not Limerick! ;)) and spent 15 mins talking to a guy who started off going there's no discount, I'll upgrade you to the highest speed, new contract, upgraded modem for €60 a month.
    Told him no thanks, came back with €10 off for 3 months.
    Told him no, mentioned this website and he said "it's the internet, they are all lying!"
    Spent 5 mins trying to explain the ins and outs of boards members in bargain alerts and he then said he couldn't get the internet at the office but had heard of that "website" but they were all still lying!
    Wen off twice and eventually came back with his final offer of 6 months half price and that was it, deffo not taking 6 months.
    Have to have a think about it now.
    Not in contract but is it a 30 days cancellation period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Anyone get 9 months half price back to back years.

They were adamant they dont do it and to be honest i cant be bothered playing customers service roulette.

Have tv broadband and phone - 6 months half price

• Advertisement

Rang back to cancel, got put through to loyality, after a 2 minute discussion, got upgrade, new modem and 9 month half price deal on a 12 month contract.
    :).

Advertisement