Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find 100x100 mm wood in Cork

Options
  • 08-05-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I'm planning to build a farm table and I'm looking for 100x100 mm wood for the legs but the only closer size I found is 75x75 fence post.
    Anywhere in Cork who stocks 100x100 mm not chemically treated for external?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭conor t

Steve_hooo wrote: »
    I'm planning to build a farm table and I'm looking for 100x100 mm wood for the legs but the only closer size I found is 75x75 fence post.
    Anywhere in Cork who stocks 100x100 mm not chemically treated for external?

I got 4x4" red deal in Mcmahons a while back. Think it came in 20 foot lenghts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Newel post bases off the shelf are 92mm by 92mm. any joineery would bee able to laminate up 4x4 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

4" wood is very hard to find. You might consider buying 2" wood of your choice and glueing them together. The join will be almost invisible if taken from one piece of 8" timber.

Advertisement