Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Relation To Using Links & Images etc...

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Hello there.

I am enquiring as to the new registered member charter. ie: "You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user".

It also says that I need to build up to 50 posts to be allowed access to use these features. I already have more than 50 posts but it still won't allow me to use this feature.

Is there something else I need to do ? or is it a glitch ?.

Thanks for any help on this.

Best wishes

Bongalongherb

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Your account is newer than the limit of 10 days too, though only barely.

Alternately images can't be used in some forums, such as AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Spear wrote: »
    Your account is newer than the limit of 10 days too, though only barely.

Alternately images can't be used in some forums, such as AH.

I Understand this. But I have been a boards member since 2008 but needed to close my old account and start anew in the last few days. Nothing bogey about my previous account, As I just needed to leave that old one behind and start afresh, and was wondering if it would be possible for you to grant me access to be able to use/apply links & images in the appropriate forums that do allow this.

Bongalongherb

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's not possible, there's no user group or per account setting that can be changed to allow this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Spear wrote: »
    That's not possible, there's no user group or per account setting that can be changed to allow this.

Ah, I see. No problem at all. I was just confused when it said that I need to make 50 posts to gain access to sending links etc... as it says that the 10 day limit is not used, a person just needs 50 posts only.

Thanks for you time. I will just use away for the time being and it should sort itself out eventually.

Best wishes

Bongalongherb

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement