Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of coming to WIT from IT Sligo this year

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

How would you get a job programming from a Engineering Degree ?

Ya why did you start 1st year ? If you where only going to drop out ?. You cost tax payers money if you where not assed to be there to begin with

By studying IT and Engineering.

Also ive paid far more in Tax than you have. Ive worked in Engineering for over 10 years before learning to code and swap jobs.

Not assed to be there yet ive a better job than you? How does that make sense. I literally set a goal and got to where i am rather than blame everyone why i dont have a job.

What are you talking about?

where you not on here asking about starting in ssd or it in that other post. what level was the engineering degree (7 or 8)?

Level 7 for 3 years than went to UK for level 8 in 4th year.

I started SSD and dropped out to get work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Media999 wrote: »
    Level 7 for 3 years than went to UK for level 8 in 4th year.

I started SSD and dropped out to get work

so you did two level 7 courses and managed to get a grant/btea allowance? from experience i can tell you that's not allowed.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90054131&postcount=2

you also said you had "two years of engineering behind you"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70398552&postcount=3

and hadn't been in a class for six years.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78759665&postcount=3

You can get BTEA but not grant you just have to pay the fees yourself and there has to be 5 years between courses.

And yes i hadnt been in a class in 6 years whats wrong with that?

But holy **** you actually went through 3 years of posts. Good on ya.

Just to be clear you both know you dont need to attend a college or university to learn to code yes?

You can get BTEA but not grant you just have to pay the fees yourself and there has to be 5 years between courses.

And yes i hadnt been in a class in 6 years whats wrong with that?

But holy **** you actually went through 3 years of posts. Good on ya.

Just to be clear you both know you dont need to attend a college or university to learn to code yes?

how did you have a level 8 engineering degree with 2 years of it behind you? as far as i remember you're not allowed get btea or a grant if you hold a degree at the same level your applying to. you can only get it if you don't have a degree or are progressing from level 6-7, 7-8 etc.

EDIT: from welfare.ie
    You must also be progressing in educational qualifications. For example, if you already have a Level 5 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications, the course you are undertaking must be for at least a Level 6 qualification. A person holding a level 7 degree can only apply for a level 8 add-on year (honours degree) in the same discipline and is not eligible for new level 8 honours degree course in a different discipline. The only postgraduate courses recognised for BTEA are a Higher Diploma (H.Dip) in any discipline, or the Professional Diploma in Education. No postgraduate courses are allowed outside of Ireland.

• Advertisement

If your 9 months out of work and 5 years between courses you can. Something to do with redundancy aswell.

This is just confusing now.

You can work and study at the same time. Is that not what your doing?

This is just confusing now.

You can work and study at the same time. Is that not what your doing?

whats confusing is how someone has an honours degree in engineering after 2 years and a software development job after dropping out of a software development degree after less than 2 years.

I already said i went to the UK to get the lvl 8.

9 years to be exact and worked my way up. Obviously didnt start off as an Engineer. Retrained twice actually. Once for the same company. Was made redundant and then went to WIT then onto another company.

whats confusing is how someone has an honours degree in engineering after 2 years and a software development job after dropping out of a software development degree after less than 2 years.

No whats confusing is trying to understand his sentences.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that i have 2 years of college behind me. Im 34 years of age and been in school/work since im 17.

Im working in something very relative to what i was working at before. There not a million miles apart. Both in manufacturing.

• Advertisement

I already said i went to the UK to get the lvl 8.

9 years to be exact and worked my way up. Obviously didnt start off as an Engineer. Retrained twice actually. Once for the same company. Was made redundant and then went to WIT then onto another company.

you could be a politician if you get bored of "development". it's been fun though.

Change the subject so. Good man.

You say you can't understand my sentences ?. Sorry that my learning disability is not to your liking.

Now your saying your not working in computers as a programer ?. But now your working as a Engineer ? Come on the lies are just funny now. How many times have you changed job on this thread ?

Well you said it in your past posts that you have 2 years of college be hide you in a few posts over the years

Can you actually read?

Im working now in an Engineering company in the IDA industrial estate. In a development role.

Is that so ****ing hard to comprehend.

No one is changing the Subject but your Lier and no one should be taking a word from you about studying IT as you have never studied it and dont have a degree in it ?.

Yeah because no one should take IT advice from a person that has no Degree in IT.

Especially not Bill Gates, Jack Dorsey, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg etc.

Do your homework.

Well i am one exam from a degree in IT. Have countless certs in IT. Part owner of a business. I think i can read dont you ?.

I might have dyslexia with the spelling age of a 6 year old. But i have never let anyone make fun of me with something i can't help as its quite sad of you to try and make fun of a disability that i can't help.

Stop making excuses.

Ok so the problem is your comprehension rather than your reading.

How can i make fun of something that you mention AFTER i say you have a problem with comprehension.

You clearly read stuff, comprehend it whatever way you like and then believe in your mind whatever you want.

Pretty much every point you make is because you've comprehended something wrong.

Youve made up some little life story for ME from mis-comprehensions and yet you still argue with me. Every single thing ive explained and answered with facts and you still argue.

Why the **** would i send you on my portfolio? Seriously.

You send me on your bank account details while where at it.

The fact that you would even ask for someones portfolio just shows how little you know.

A portfolio is something that's given to a prospective employer to see if you have the skills they are looking for. Its not to hand to college student who will most likely just copy it and pass it off as his own.

Do you even know what would be in a portfolio?

Your about to graduate and all you have to show for it is "college work". Good luck separating yourself from the crowd when looking for work.

A well paid Donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RogueAI

OP
    Hey I've just finished first year in the Ents course and can answer any questions you have about what first year was like if you want/get in :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thread locked due to being heavy on rubbish off-topic posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement