Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneaky Chap Going Aroudn Bumming Money

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Yes I know it is my own fault for being a suck but just to warn people..

There is this chap going around calling into offices at the moment with different sob stories.

It normally goes that he needs bus fair to go to see his landlord or something like that.

The one he told me was that he lived on the street and just locked himself out of the house leaving all inside. He asked could he borrow the bus fair as he needed to go to the landlords house to get the spare key and that he would drop the money back later, that he worked in the Silver Quay as one of the Chefs.

Needless to say I feel for it! Anywho gave him a €5 then two weeks later was rather annoyed as he didn't come back. So I called the Silver Quay and supposable this chap has caught a lot of people. He called to Costa in Blackpool with the same story and also got money from a few elderly people who have called in looking for it..Now that's why I am pissed whatever about myself but doing something like that to the elderly is just nasty..

So if anyone so happens to come across him be weary and then give out to him for being an ass..

If by any chance you can get a picture of him the bar is mad to get a picture of him to see who he is.His is fairly stockie I wouldn't say fit, but built, black hair typical hair cut shaved at the sides bit more on the top. To be honest he does look like a clean, rough-enin.. Speaks like he is a tad how to put it nicely slow.. I know that sounds mean but I am sure you get it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah Milly, €5 for the bus?
    Never fall for the bus monen trick (hindsight is great, I know), sure way out is to offer to buy the ticket, watch the excuses flow then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Darn Scroungers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know but im a sucker.. I thought I saw him this morning and I was like oohhhh I outa!! but said I better not incase twasnt him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Milly33 wrote: »
    I know but im a sucker.. I thought I saw him this morning and I was like oohhhh I outa!! but said I better not incase twasnt him

If it's the older grey haired short guy
    Normally in an ok grey suit he is at it years
    Gambles it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

My usual response to these guys is, fcuk off freak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Another wallet inspector on his rounds. There's still a sucker born every minute so it's clearly worth his while.

soundsham wrote: »
    If it's the older grey haired short guy
    Normally in an ok grey suit he is at it years
    Gambles it

No he was a youngish fella id say late 20's

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

Dear milly
    are you married and do you have money? if no and yes your mine

mmm how unusual hahah.. Friad on the way to the church!! and feck no im not rich well with money anywho

Advertisement