Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saudi Riyals to Euros

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Will any bank change Riyals to Euros?

Apparently AIB won't (Can't understand why)
    Ulster Bank will only do it for account holders. :rolleyes:
    BOI were closed
    No Idea about PTSB.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I can totally understand why AIB dont accept them. What is the chances of another Irish person wanting to buy Riyals? Pretty much non-existent. Other banks dont want to sell anything other than USD and GBP. I have seen Saudi Students bringing USD to Ireland, whenever I was in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Fair point, but someone surely will take them. I know I got them changed before (but can't for the life of me remember where).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's a bureau de change on the corner of O'Connell St and Henry St that sometimes dealt in more exotic currencies in the past. Not sure if they still do, but it might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

currencyfair.com ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I don't think CurrencyFair deal in SAR.

The airport crowd will charge you high commission and/or high FX margins.

Other options include ebay who let you sell currency or Adverts.ie if they let you sell currency.

Advertisement