Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cream for old acne scar tissue ?

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

I have been experimenting with different kinds of shaving for number of years now searching for the best solution to keeping old acne scar tissue from showing up as least as possible.

I was wondering if anyone has come across any cream/lotion that help the inflammation ?

This is not medial advice ... just wondering if people have any experience in this field.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Maybe bio oil,personally never found anything that worked particularly well. Suncream to prevent further damage and time was my most successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Is the scar a pitted scar or a red mark? Pit scars are there for life and only a dermatologist can be helpful. If its a red scar, something like glycolic acid is ideal. It cause the skin to break down and replaces itself quicker than normal. It has caused my red marks from acne to pretty much disappear.

Bio oil is pretty useless. It doesnt go deep into the skin like glycolic acid to break down the skin. Also you have to wear a suncream or an spf moisterier with glycolic acid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Acne scars are under the skin, and have a tendency to be just pinker than the ordinary skin an sometimes stay red for weeks. I'll check out that Glycolic ... in a chemist I hope. Many thanks.

This is the one I use. A good glycolic needs to be 10% minimum

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpha-Hydrox-Lotion-175-ml/dp/B000052YM7/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1399676407&sr=8-5&keywords=glycolic+acid

It burns slightly at first but your skin gets used to it. It what dermatologists recommend you use to prevent ageing. Its stopped me from getting spots and my skin is a more even colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks again for that. Did you get it from Amazon because it's not available from Chemists here ?

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »
    Thanks again for that. Did you get it from Amazon because it's not available from Chemists here ?

I never seen Glycolic acid here. But I seen Americans go on about it for years. And I actually wanted that brand of it for months on amazon, as its one of the best rated ones on the US amazon. It was on the amazon uk site one day, so I brought it. I have been using it for months and have tons it left. Its really good at preventing acne and wrinkles. Its also very similar to a prescription only product, its isnt used any more as it as too irritating compared to glycolic acid.

Its most dermatologists favorite product. Here is a good description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAG_cr5TCHA

Advertisement