Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dealing with dell

Options
  • 08-05-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi All would anyone know of anywhere in Dublin or Ireland that I could go to, to talk to someone about trouble with a dell order. I have been ringing numbers in various parts of the world for the past couple of weeks without success.Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

gordon029 wrote: »
    Hi All would anyone know of anywhere in Dublin or Ireland that I could go to, to talk to someone about trouble with a dell order. I have been ringing numbers in various parts of the world for the past couple of weeks without success.Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
    I'm afraid Dells support is outsourced so you'll have to go over the phone or use web chat (depending on whether it's business or home support)

If you go to Dell.ie, click support and choose for home or for work, then you'll be prompted to enter your machines service tag. After this you should be able to navigate and find the support number or details that you require.

Admittedly Dells site can be a pain to navigate. I use if for raising support calls with work and it often might take me a little longer than expected to find the contact details (although I mainly look for the online chat version as I find it quicker)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gordon029

I only wish it were a tech problem . I ordered a computer a month ago was charged twice for it and then got the wrong order.I have e.mailed and phoned various places around the world trying to get my money back and so far no success.I am however on first name terms with several people in the phillipines who have told me lots of times that they understand and another in Bratislava I think and he also understands my frustration.So I have been considering the small claims court but I am hopefull with all my new international friends that it will get sorted.I was hoping to get a contact in Dell Ireland or even a direct line to their Hq.I will take any help I can get . Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

I had problems with Dell some years ago now. They delivered the wrong part and no amount of phone calls or letters had any effect. Finally I went to the small claims court and that certainly put a bomb under them. Without any hearing I got my part and a refund! You would be wise to keep a record of every time you call and who you spoke to etc.

Thank you for your response.I got another call today this time from India.It was a member of Dell's sales team asking about my experience in buying a computer from Dell and was I satisfied with my purchase. It would appear from my experience that there is a big gap in their communications between the call centers . She was a bit surprised when I told her my saga but It was not in her area of expertise to help me and she referred me back to my new best friends in the Phillipines.Does anyone have an actual address that I can use to enable me to go down the small claims court route.Any and all help appreciated. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cant touchthis

boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

legal discussion forum^^

• Advertisement

Ok I give up. What does that mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Gordon,

Try to get your credit card provider to reverse it - thats part of what you pay for.

And also, read this, to know what you're dealing with:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-shipping-order-status-customer-service-issues/664437-what-dell-doesn-t-want-you-know.html

Note: The only way I know to get Dell to remotely adhere to what service they sell is to message their senior executives (lots of them) using LinkedIn.

Thank you for that. It makes me very worried and when I consider that one of Dells advertising slogans is" the customer is at the core of everything we do".I think I am in for a long fight to have my money returned. I am still looking for a postal address for Dell if anyone can help me out. Thank you

Advertisement