Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunset Overdrive

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was playing Titanfall there, was wall running along on one of the maps and jumped down to street level, got myself killed because the bounce I was expecting from the car I landed on never came. Damn this game :o

LMAO that was like me the other night trying to buttslam in Destiny when we were on the raid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The mission where you have to
    assemble band members
    makes fully leveling up weapons a doddle, maxed out 9 weapons in about half an hour and makes getting the 5k/15k OD kills achievements simple too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    The mission where you have to
    assemble band members
    makes fully leveling up weapons a doddle, maxed out 9 weapons in about half an hour and makes getting the 5k/15k OD kills achievements simple too.

Is that a campaign mission? I've only gotten to the fargarthians yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah,
    The Siege of Wondertown Land
    was pretty epic :D

I must say the campaign missions are very enjoyable in this, each one is different from the last and they constantly introduce stuff to prevent the gameplay feeling repetitive. Some of the side missions are standard collect random crap fetch quests but the main missions are great. Pretty impressed with the game overall.

Im actually surprised at how easy it is to die vs say dead rising 3 where there was little if any risk of getting killed outside of a boss fight.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Im actually surprised at how easy it is to die vs say dead rising 3 where there was little if any risk of getting killed outside of a boss fight.

Yeah you really get punished if you don't keep moving.

Only major gripe I have with this is the sound track , would have been so much better had they licensed some music from better known acts, all the stuff in this sounds the same for the most part and thats coming from a punk fan

Hell it needs this gem from THPS 2, how cool could would it be to grind around to this !!!!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

It looks like they borrowed the best parts of certain games even down to the dmc story like of a soda making people brainless zombies, usually this would turn me of a game, but its clever colourful package looks like fun.

Is that a campaign mission? I've only gotten to the fargarthians yet.

Campaign yeah, you're not too far off it now if you've just done the siege!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Campaign yeah, you're not too far off it now if you've just done the siege!

I see you got the achievement for maxing out 20 weapons :eek:- fair play!

• Advertisement

TBH it kind of bugged :pac:

I used the mission I said above to max out 10 weapons, once the achievement popped I paused the game and was looking through the menus - game crashed for the first time and booted me to home. Started up the game again, back at the same point but my weapons progress had been lost! Did the same 10 again, and the 20 weapons cheevo popped!

I see you got the achievement for maxing out 20 weapons :eek:- fair play!

Easy on the mission
    getting the band back together, just get to the part with the drummer
    and go to town on the infinite spawning OD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Seriously impressed with this. I've had it on my list to buy since it was first shown. Definitely has that Dreamcast vibe to it. It's like a tony hawks & dead rising crossover.

Can't put it down! The humour isn't bad either, it's not laugh out loud funny but I got a few laughs out of it. I love how the game is aware of itself (being a game). It's also cool how dying doesn't really affect you - breath of fresh air that.

Got a 500 combo there and the challenge didn't pop :(

try logging in and out, xbox one is funny that way.

Is that new? Is there a reward?

Is that new? Is there a reward?

It's there in the achievement list, I think you get a tonne of overdrive and money for it or something. There's one for melee killing 250 poppers and another for getting gold in 10 challenges too.

It's there in the achievement list, I think you get a tonne of overdrive and money for it or something. There's one for melee killing 250 poppers and another for getting gold in 10 challenges too.

they're community challenges - they operate outside of achievements I think.
    If you have smartglass, look at the game, then swipe over to see if theres any ongoing challenges.

another one on at the minute is the OD apocalypse - 1.6 billion or more OD killed in 30 days.

I see it on smartglass, the 500 combo one apparently doesn't start for another 11 days

they're community challenges - they operate outside of achievements I think.
    If you have smartglass, look at the game, then swipe over to see if theres any ongoing challenges.

another one on at the minute is the OD apocalypse - 1.6 billion or more OD killed in 30 days.

There's individual ones too.
    I see it on smartglass, the 500 combo one apparently doesn't start for another 11 days

Well that's a balls, wasted 15 minutes bouncing on the same three fans to get to 500 for nothing :pac:

• Advertisement

There's individual ones too.

Well that's a balls, wasted 15 minutes bouncing on the same three fans to get to 500 for nothing :pac:

Ah mickeroo, thats not really in the spirit of things at all!

are ye up for some Chaos squad at some stage over the weekend? I reckon we should be able to get a few on together with a bit of organising.

myself and tony1980 are both up for it.

I can join you tomorrow night / sat morning

I can join you tomorrow night / sat morning

sounds good, friday evening should be ok for me as well, probably be some time after 9 when I get on as i have a few jobs I need to do first.

I should be around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I am up for that Friday night lads. I am actually going to spend a few hours playing this tonight and give COD a break!

Edit: Are we allowed 8 players for Chaos squad?

tony1980 wrote: »
    I am up for that Friday night lads. I am actually going to spend a few hours playing this tonight and give COD a break!

Edit: Are we allowed 8 players for Chaos squad?

Yes 8 is the limit

wow this game isn't without bugs, few times over the last few days i've had to quit to get the game to progress, got stuck in the back of a van during a side quest there, first time was with the reality TV mission had to reload to get the train to appear , theres been about 4 other mission that stalled on me like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

calex71 wrote: »
    wow this game isn't without bugs, few times over the last few days i've had to quit to get the game to progress, got stuck in the back of a van during a side quest there, first time was with the reality TV mission had to reload to get the train to appear , theres been about 4 other mission that stalled on me like that.

Yeah I got stuck in that same van, I've had some issues with the missions but i never had to quit. They would always sort themselves out once I got myself killed

I'll be around for chaos squad too tomorrow lads if there's space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'll be around for chaos squad too tomorrow lads if there's space.
    Same

Advertisement