Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunset Overdrive

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

theres a slight chance I might not make it tonight so if people want to swap gamertags and start away with out my thats fine. (I think I have everyone bar calex on my friends list)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Shouldn't have started this last night, wrecked in work this morning. Game is excellent, can't wait to unlock additional traversal elements.

If you're like me, and still read things in spoiler tags, I'll preface this by saying it happens after you get to the third base.
    Just did the first mission with the LARPers. I was cracking up laughing all the way through it, from the game of thrones nod, "HARDCORE!" or the bard who plays a song whilst you're battling the OD. It was just epic. - Oh and thats not to forget the epic fight against the OD dragon, when my character reached up and grabbed the style meter lightning bold to stab the dragon was class!

The further I get into this, the better it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I loved that mission :pac:

I think the humor is great in it, not sure why a lot of reviewers seem to hate it. A lot of breaking the "4th wall" and taking the piss out itself and games in general, and love all the little easter eggs/pop culture references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The respawns are great , even dying is funny in this.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah I loved that mission :pac:

I think the humor is great in it, not sure why a lot of reviewers seem to hate it. A lot of breaking the "4th wall" and taking the piss out itself and games in general, and love all the little easter eggs/pop culture references.

I actually think the trailers they released beforehand did the game a bit of a disservice. They made the humor seem really grating and in your face, when its actually really clever. theres nearly a story to be told after every mission - Id love to be chatting more about it, but I'd hate to spoil it for anyone.

2nd base spoiler ahead
    I left a massive "HA!" out of me when I finally rescued scout master brylcreem and i opened the back of the rubbish lorry to find this super survivalist in the condition he was in - my wife got an awful fright as she was reading something on the laptop and I was playing with my headset on - and then all the awkward comments people were passing when I returned him to the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I won;t be on until about 9:30 lads if we are still giving chaos mode a go.

tony1980 wrote: »
    I won;t be on until about 9:30 lads if we are still giving chaos mode a go.

Sound I've a few bits to get done here so should be good to go from 9 or shortly before.

calex71 wrote: »
    Sound I've a few bits to get done here so should be good to go from 9 or shortly before.

calex,whats your gt?

calex,whats your gt?

Oh it's calex deus , forgot it wasn't on my signature these days :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

F**k sake anyway, my internet is down, hopefully not for long. I was enjoying playing through it there, only near to finishing act 1, this is a superb game, haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time!

Calex, I will add you there if my connection comes back. I am going to play this as much as I can this weekend so hopefully a few of us can get a few games together in chaos mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got the single player main story done and dusted there today. Such a funny game witch every single moment as it does not take its self seriously at all and it works for it and the 4th wall stuff is fantastic
    The Rules of 3s in video games for doing stuff quotes
    was one of the best things i have ever been told in a game priceless LoL.

Like the guns are all great basically all ratchet and clank guns but a piss take on them.

The game to me is ratchet and clank on acid

Wish the map would show you which challenges you've already done, change them from Green to Gold/Silver/Bronze or something

Wish the map would show you which challenges you've already done, change them from Green to Gold/Silver/Bronze or something

Yeah , but you can fast travel to them all in the leaderboards screen / Challenges hit Y to change to your scores and you can scroll through the list that way and see what you did and medal earned. You don't even have had to have attempted it before you can go to any challenge from there.

Ah sweet, didn't realise that

Will make the 50 golds a little easier to attempt!

Ah sweet, didn't realise that

Will make the 50 golds a little easier to attempt!

I've rage quit a few at this stage , worst thing is it's tied to the get 250 clothing items achievement as gold awards a clothing piece.

I got the 250 clothing yesterday, not sure how many golds I have left to get for 50 but I've a feeling it's mostly glide challenges I have left to do. Tried one and it annoyed the hell out of me and avoided them since.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bomb Delivery challenges seem like an easy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Where the best to trade this in at the moment ?. CEX are only giving €31 cash witch i am quite disappointed with as paid €42 for it and didn't expect to lose €11 that fast LoL

Just got 1000GS in this tonight , what a pain the Downtown chaos squad was, it's hard enough without having to get 1625% chaos in the missions as the % you get even by passing them is random :mad:

Over all though this was one of my favourite games this year. One thing that came up over the various sessions I made for this on trueachievements was that playing as a female character was much better than playing as a guy as the voice actor that voiced the female had much better delivery and was just plain funnier , did any one else find that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah I changed to a female after watching lets play vids online. The game works so much better playing as a female, the voice acting is far better and funnier overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Started as a female, was thinking what it would be like as a guy. Glad to know the girl was the right way to go. I've made a conscious effort to choose female if ever given the choice. Not enough female leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same with Mass Effect, the female voice actor was better across the board at delivering the script than "John" Shep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

23GB download for those on slow or limited/capped connections.

Thought I would hate this game but downloaded the trial and loved it!!!

Ill try pick it up soon!

Thought I would hate this game but downloaded the trial and loved it!!!

Ill try pick it up soon!

its 15% off for gold subs now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This is on Games for Gold now so I just downloaded it. I'd never even heard of it before but looking forward to a rattle at it later.

Is there's decent online play?

Jayop wrote: »
    This is on Games for Gold now so I just downloaded it. I'd never even heard of it before but looking forward to a rattle at it later.

Is there's decent online play?

The online is great craic, its like mini events that you have to first get to, as quickly as possible as theres a score bonus, then you'll have different objectives, like defending an area or collecting stuff. it all finishes off with a massive base defense effort where you set up traps etc. Its madly chaotic, but really good fun. I must jump back in and try and get my missing achievements now that the player count has gone up again.

bear in mind that if your weapons are crap, you'll be at a disadvantage - similarly if you don't have all the movement options available, it'll be a bit of a struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The online is great craic, its like mini events that you have to first get to, as quickly as possible as theres a score bonus, then you'll have different objectives, like defending an area or collecting stuff. it all finishes off with a massive base defense effort where you set up traps etc. Its madly chaotic, but really good fun. I must jump back in and try and get my missing achievements now that the player count has gone up again.

bear in mind that if your weapons are crap, you'll be at a disadvantage - similarly if you don't have all the movement options available, it'll be a bit of a struggle.

Cool. I'll watch a vid or two here to try to get myself up to speed with what to expect. I might even run the single player though (which I never do) to try to get the hang of this if it's mad different.

Advertisement