Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing date of sale falls tomorrow

Options
  • 08-05-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

As it states we have gone sale agreed on a purchase of an old property which was due to close of sale tomorrow.
    We have not heard anything from the Solicitor since about 1 + 1/2 weeks ago where they were only getting the contracts from the sellers side.

My question is, is it normal for a close of contract to run over the date and my Solicitor not to inform me of this. I
    really don't want to be pestering the Solicitor if its something that can normally happen.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thespoofer wrote: »
    As it states we have gone sale agreed on a purchase of an old property which was due to close of sale tomorrow.
    We have not heard anything from the Solicitor since about 1 + 1/2 weeks ago where they were only getting the contracts from the sellers side.

My question is, is it normal for a close of contract to run over the date and my Solicitor not to inform me of this. I
    really don't want to be pestering the Solicitor if its something that can normally happen.
    Thanks
    Ringing a solicitor to ask if your still good for tomorrow isn't bothering. You should have rang earlier in the week to ensure everything is in place. For all he knows you could be planning in staying there tomorrow night and have no where else to stay.

Have the funds being drawn down ? Is your life insurance and house insurance in place for tomorrow ? Have you signed the contracts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

ted1 wrote: »
    Ringing a solicitor to ask if your still good for tomorrow isn't bothering. You should have rang earlier in the week to ensure everything is in place. For all he knows you could be planning in staying there tomorrow night and have no where else to stay.

Have the funds being drawn down ? Is your life insurance and house insurance in place for tomorrow ? Have you signed the contracts ?

Its a cash sale. When we paid the deposit on sale agreed the 10% is due on closing date. I emailed yesterday to ' remind ' him if I need to have the 10% ready let me know but no feedback.
    I've a bad feeling about it, maybe seller is pulling out or something.
    The Solicitor knows me fairly well from
    around so hence the reason I don't want to come across as desperate or something ( even though I'm heading that way )
    I think I'll email tonight asking as you say are we still on for tomorrow.

Ps. Also we haven't signed the contracts, I presumed they must be signed before or on closing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Get in touch straight away you could loose your deposit even if it is your solicitors fault!

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Get in touch straight away you could loose your deposit even if it is your solicitors fault!

To be fair the Vendors Solicitor was slow in sending the contracts to mine, I think he only recieved them approx 1.5 - 2 weeks ago tops. Its just the not knowing where I stand is a killer.
    Anyway I just emailed them and will ring in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

You're not bothering them. You're paying them to do a job that involves a lot of your presumably hard earned cash.

My Solicitor only received the contracts Friday morning ( 9th May ) on the pre arranged closing date.
    It stated we have 4 weeks herein to close so hopefully all will go ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Hope it all works out. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Its a cash sale. When we paid the deposit on sale agreed the 10% is due on closing date.

Hi spoofer, afaik the full amount and not 10% is payable on closing. So the sequence is normally: booking deposit on acceptance of offer, receive contracts and sign and pay 10%, and then some time later pay the full balance and close (and receive keys :)).

Advertisement