Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 12), May 9-11, 2014

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Smash and grab in Waterford! So many wasted chances in the first half from them! Conditions were woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mushy wrote: »
    Dont be jealous!

This may bite me in the ass.

There are many things in this world I could be reasonably accused of being jealous of.

Having Mathews as manager is definitely among the least likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

CSF wrote: »
    There are many things in this world I could be reasonably accused of being jealous of.

Having Mathews as manager is definitely among the least likely.

Having your team in the premier division though?

Even if it will only be a season out. And personal feelings aside, you have to admit he isnt doing too bad a job. If somebody told me in February that we would beat Sligo, Drogheda, Dundalk, been unlucky to draw against Derry and Bohs, I would have laughed at it. But here we are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anncoates wrote: »
    Quite embarrassing. :o

Thought the reference was to Cork on the pitch (see Monkey9 post) as opposed to the surprising news that Cork have casuals.

yah know you quoted your own post there....

not obsessed in the slightest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How bad was it at Dalymount tonight? Didn't get a chance to go but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Having your team in the premier division though?

Even if it will only be a season out. And personal feelings aside, you have to admit he isnt doing too bad a job. If somebody told me in February that we would beat Sligo, Drogheda, Dundalk, been unlucky to draw against Derry and Bohs, I would have laughed at it. But here we are!

Honestly he is doing a good job but he did a good job with Shels in the beginning too, promotion and a cup final. But the squad assembled for our first year back up was better than eight place. They played some horrible stuff and team selections were baffling.
    Then the following season he assembles a pack of chancers, thugs and journey men (Adam Hanlon apart)! It's all downhill Mushy!

Btw was it Desmond who scored for Shels tonight? Extratime said McDonagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yah know you quoted your own post there...

I know :) Meant I thought he was talking about the game, not the row.

Next 2 games for Rovers pretty winnable before heading to Sligo.

Having your team in the premier division though

Eh it's because of Mathews that we don't!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    A first league home win of the season... I don't care how we do it, we just need to fúcking do it.

FT 0-0

Fúck sake. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

DrumSteve wrote: »
    How bad was it at Dalymount tonight? Didn't get a chance to go but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

Was a very boring game, creativity lacking from both sides so very few goalscoring chances. Those chances that were made were fluffed badly, with the exception of one nice ucd move which hit the post.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

dan1895 wrote: »

Btw was it Desmond who scored for Shels tonight? Extratime said McDonagh.

PA announced it as Desmond but it was McDonagh. Literally could have been anyone of 3 Reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

we have have twice the amount of away wins that we managed all of last season... huzzah!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Roderick comes across as increasingly desperate in this interview...

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/football/derry-city/city-fans-boo-after-defeat-1-6051167#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Roddy building a solid foundation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eh it's because of Mathews that we don't!!

Ah I'm kinda taking the piss. He is doing a grand job so far though, much better than expectations. Fair enough you hate him, it's understandable.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Roderick comes across as increasingly desperate in this interview...

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/football/derry-city/city-fans-boo-after-defeat-1-6051167#

The spoofer surely won't last the season?

He didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glad to see the back of Roddy, he was killing us. Attendances plummeting.

Pizza Hutton in charge for the meantime, but I also worry about him on a longer basis. If he is in charge til the end of the season, we could end up fighting a relegation battle.

Bollox, bad news for everyone else :o

NIMAN wrote: »
    Glad to see the back of Roddy, he was killing us. Attendances plummeting.

Pizza Hutton in charge for the meantime, but I also worry about him on a longer basis. If he is in charge til the end of the season, we could end up fighting a relegation battle.
    yea maybe he can do something in future but he left us claiming we had a lack of ambition. turned out at the agm he had about 15% more to spend than felix did and left us in a lower place, playing horrible stuff
    he has a lot to learn as a manager

• Advertisement

He stood in before as manager for a handful of games at the Brandywell, and it was awful stuff to watch.

Thats why I worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I'd be more worried that Derry have people in charge of your club who thought it was a good idea to hire Roddy

NIMAN wrote: »
    He stood in before as manager for a handful of games at the Brandywell, and it was awful stuff to watch.

Thats why I worry.
    also seeing on our forum, rumors that he told the squad he had sacked Hutton on thursday. ironic if true!
    i do remember someone saying he wasnt at the game at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

overshoot wrote: »
    also seeing on our forum, rumors that he told the squad he had sacked Hutton on thursday. ironic if true!
    i do remember someone saying he wasnt at the game at the weekend

Seen somewere he sent Hutton to watch Bohs.

Yeah Pizza was at the Pats game, instead of the Derry game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It reminded me of that lad managing Dundalk when they were rubbish attacking the local media guys for daring to ask questions.

Good to get up there, get the three points before someone gets them back in gear. I wonder if Deery will be asked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You can be sure some other club will take a punt on him, and their fans will be in here talking him up once again.

What an absolute spoof merchant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

You can be sure some other club will take a punt on him, and their fans will be in here talking him up once again.

What an absolute spoof merchant.

Surely he has burnt all his bridges at this stage.

A lot of people like seeing Roddy in the league as long as he is not near their club

His work at Monaghan and Athlone will definitely see a club in a bit of a rut take a punt at him, Bohs, Longford (maybe his Athlone history might make it difficult for him but probably not), Bray, Galway, Drogheda would all be clubs he could end up at if their fortunes on the pitch took a turn for the worse.

I think at Shels we probably have a long-term manager now and he's blacklisted as far as I know anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I say we board up the gates at Dalyer and build a moat so Roddy can't get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

His work at Monaghan and Athlone will definitely see a club in a bit of a rut take a punt at him, Bohs, Longford (maybe his Athlone history might make it difficult for him but probably not), Bray, Galway, Drogheda would all be clubs he could end up at if their fortunes on the pitch took a turn for the worse.

I think at Shels we probably have a long-term manager now and he's blacklisted as far as I know anyway.

Wasn't he literally laughed out of Tolka before?

dan1895 wrote: »
    Wasn't he literally laughed out of Tolka before?

I don't know the specifics but there was definitely something yeah

When he stated his interest in the job after Keely left he was laughed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

There were a few calls from Dundalk fans to get Roddy in after Darius was sent packing at the end of the 2012 season. Thank Christ we never went down that road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

When he stated his interest in the job after Keely left he was laughed at.

I heard he was in for the job when we were badly stuck in early 2007.

Even then the BoM laughed at the prospect (so I was told some years ago).

Still plenty of Bohs fans calling for Roddy in :o

dfx- wrote: »

Good to get up there, get the three points before someone gets them back in gear. I wonder if Deery will be asked back.

Only one home game left against them as well. Result.

Always good to be the straw that got him the sack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I heard he was in for the job when we were badly stuck in early 2007.

Even then the BoM laughed at the prospect (so I was told some years ago).
    He was definitely sniffing around Tolka Park when all that stuff was happening, I saw him myself having a bit of a laugh and a chat with Ollie and I feared the worst. I understand Ollie was thinking about it, but a couple of board members set him straight.

He'll never work at Shels.

Advertisement