Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Newcastle. Sunday May 11th. KO 15:00 SS2.

• 08-05-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I know its early mods but I'm a superstitious bastard.

Liverpool welcome Newcastle to Anfield on Sunday knowing that if they win and City lose, the title will be Liverpool's.

May god have mercy on all our souls no matter what happens.

The old couch with be brought out of retirement for one day only.

Best of luck panda saps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

14-0 and City to draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus can you imagine if we won and city lost:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

15-0 and City to draw.

Skittles hat-trick
    Sturridge hat-trick
    Sterling hat-trick
    Suarez double hat-trick.

I'm sticking a fiver on it and then retiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice poaching skills from Super-Rush.....stealing in to start the match thread, while others worked on their loltastic/lolistic/lolasitic (help me out here Washington) OP's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Pride damaged badly in the past two games. Can see Liverpool mercilessly tearing Newcastle to shreds here, that or a spectacular collapse the likes of which we haven't seen since Monday.

6-0 Liverpool or 4-2 Newcastle.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nice poaching skills from Super-Rush.....stealing in to start the match thread, while others worked on their loltastic/lolistic/lolasitic (help me out here Washington) OP's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

5-1 Liverpool. We are absolutely ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

1-1 or something with City losing and Pool failing to to take advantage... would be typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A heavy defeat for Newcastle is the only way this will go. Don't let that Cardiff result fool ya. We're utter shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The only thread that matters is City v West Ham, its the game I'll be watching. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mike65 wrote: »
    The only thread that matters is City v West Ham, its the game I'll be watching. :)

I'll keep an eye on it, but I'll be watching the redmen as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

On that note, someone should start the other match thread before Man City's lucky charm gets in there.

I'll probably have Final Score and two or three streams set up and a large can of something in my hand (oh and a cushion beside me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

On that note, someone should start the other match thread before Man City's lucky charm gets in there.

I thought luckycharms was one of your lot? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I thought these threads would have just faded away now that pool are out of the title race, anyway I can see newcastle facing the palace backlash

2 - 0 to the Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I thought these threads would have just faded away now that pool are out of the title race, anyway I can see newcastle facing the palace backlash

2 - 0 to the Liverpool

? We had threads for every game last year too, despite nothing to play for... I guess we, y'know, like to talk about football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oranage2 wrote: »

2 - 0 to the Liverpool

If that was the case there would be no arsenal match threads either from February on every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

niallo27 wrote: »
    If that was the case there would be no arsenal match threads either from February on every season.

Zing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I know its early mods but I'm a superstitious bastard.

Liverpool welcome Newcastle to Anfield on Sunday knowing that if they win and City lose, the title will be Liverpool's.

May god have mercy on all our souls no matter what happens.

The old couch with be brought out of retirement for one day only.

Best of luck panda saps.

Hey Super , great to see you have done the match thread .

Its going to be a nutty weekend , regardless of what happens , thanks for a great season of match winning threads :pac:

I will watch our game , don't think i can handle the city match :eek:

I expect us to win , maybe 6-1. Finish on a high :p

Hope the team have a great reception like the last few weeks. It is well deserved !!

It's been one hell of a ride so far , anything is possible at this stage lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Apparently there is going to be a big welcoming party for the team for this game too. Good to see from the fans in light of the recent blips (almost said slip ups!)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

tumblr_m7l4g0UByT1qg462ao3_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I'll probably have Final Score and two or three streams set up and a large can of something in my hand (oh and a cushion beside me).

No wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

That was a burn alright but we will have one next weekend ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Actually, d'ya know what's gonna happen. Despite the Newcastle fans chanting for Pardew to be sacked, we'll win 3-0. Shola Ameobi hat trick with just 30 minutes gone in the game.

At half time, Pardew will walk up to the away fans with Shola and show off a new bumper deal he and Shola have been offered.

Every time the fans boo Pardew as he comes out of the dugout, he sticks two fingers up at the travelling support waving his new contract in the air.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    tumblr_m7l4g0UByT1qg462ao3_250.gif

Andy Carroll just isn't going away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

New broadband connection mike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Whatever happens its been an unbelievable season. From having headaches after matches to gutting despair this season....it was fecking fantastic.

Liverpool to go out on a high. Onwards and upwards for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Definitely having a bet on Pool win & City draw.

Because life.

By the sounds of it there is a massive party being organised before the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The new Newcastle vs the original Newcastle. 3-2 Liverpool. Can't see them keeping a clean sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

newcastle 4 liverpool 3
    Its written in the stars!
    HWTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

cadete wrote: »
    newcastle 4 liverpool 3
    Its written in the stars!
    HWTL

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Couldn't finish the season with an easier game.

6-0 to us.

Will stop disliking Big Sam if they beat City. He was Fergie's boy when Rafa was here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Comfortable win for Liverpool, Newcastle are very very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

2 or 3 nil to Liverpool,
    There'll be hope from Manchester for a small while as West Ham hold City for 20-30 mins, then it's lights out as City go into scoring and party mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Imagine this Liverpool team versus Keegan's Newcastle. That's what I'll be doing today. Should be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

After the way Crystal Palace went this week I'm just gonna take it as it comes but I have faith in us. Then again it's Newcastle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'm gonna look at this game as mission accomplished, got CL football, disappointed about league but hoping the lads just go out and enjoy the end of season game, play for a win and forget about what may come depending on City's result. We may well just have to wait a while longer for a league title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Easiest game of the season 4-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Barr wrote: »
    Easiest game of the season 4-0

I think Liverpool will get 1 ;)

Few pics showing a absolutely massive crowd and welcoming party again for the team arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Should be an easy Liverpool victory. Newcastle have been muck the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Few pics showing a absolutely massive crowd and welcoming party again for the team arrival.

This makes me very happy. I would f*cking hate it if the immense support of late had dried up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Said it in the super thread but the goal today should be to get Suarez the goals scored in a season record. Best player to play in the league...he deserves the record to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Dont really care how it ends today, cant see Man City dropping points if i am honest.......whatever happens we have achieved much more than we could ever have expected at the start of the season and lets just hope that the Yanks support Big Bren and if needs be find the extra €s for get the players he wants

#Liverpool XI (Newcastle):

Mignolet,
    Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan,
    Henderson, Gerrard, Allen,
    Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge

LFC Subs: Jones, Toure, Sakho, Cissokho, Lucas, Coutinho, Aspas.

Presumably a diamond

Agger back, Hendo in Lucas out.

Newcastle XI:

Krul; S Taylor, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Haidara; Debuchy, Anita, Tiote, Gouffran; Sissoko; Shola Ameobi

Henderson

Wtf sort of lineup is that Pardew?

Jaysus.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Wtf sort of lineup is that Pardew?

Jaysus.

What is it? a 4-5-1 ?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What is it? a 4-5-1 ?

Honestly have no clue. 3 CBs, 2 full backs. 5-4-1?

Think P45dew draws the names from a hat and closes his eyes and randomly puts pins on the tactics board.

This will be a complete rout.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If City get a couple of early goals it'll be a bit of a non event. Should be a great atmosphere anyhow at Anfield, hopefully we can wrap up second anyhow (at least).

• Advertisement
Advertisement