Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speakers for iPad Retina

• 08-05-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I was given an iPad Retina for Christmas and I really like it except I find the volume disappointing and this seems to be a common comment through out Apple Forums.

That said I'm on the hunt for a pair of speakers for the Retina.
    I think it will need to be wires free that would suggest Bluetooth.
    I'd want them to be good enough so I could listen to the radio, music or watch a film and pick up a reasonable sound, (with headphones on the sound is great but that is not always practical,) at a reasonable cost.
    While I'll probably have them in the house most of the time there are times when I will want to take them outside where there is no power point. To that end they'll have to be reasonably portable and that would suggest small

I know it is a pretty big ask but any Retina people out there who bought speakers, would love to hear your recommendations

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

any pocket speakers that use a 3.5 audio jack will work. i.e. something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ao

I use a Logitech ue mobile boombox with my iPad, mini and iphone.

It's a great little speaker and the sound out of it is excellent for the price it's loud for its size and there's a nice bit of bass there too.
    I connect it to my devices via bluetooth (there's also an aux port) and I've never had any hassle with the connection/sound quality. It's lasted me 7-8 hours on a single charge so it's useful outdoors too and it has a microphone for hands free calling.

They're available on amazon from around £50 to £80. They're on the apple store for €99 and the cheapest I've seen them was €50 in the airport around 6 weeks ago - but I'd imagine that was a special.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Ao wrote: »
    I use a Logitech ue mobile boombox with my iPad, mini and iphone.

It's a great little speaker and the sound out of it is excellent for the price it's loud for its size and there's a nice bit of bass there too.
    I connect it to my devices via bluetooth (there's also an aux port) and I've never had any hassle with the connection/sound quality. It's lasted me 7-8 hours on a single charge so it's useful outdoors too and it has a microphone for hands free calling.

They're available on amazon from around £50 to £80. They're on the apple store for €99 and the cheapest I've seen them was €50 in the airport around 6 weeks ago - but I'd imagine that was a special.
    thanks Ao, that's the type of thing I'm interested in. Will be abroad soon so I might just hold back and see if I can pick one up. - but there's always ebay

Advertisement