Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Personal..... Ladies Plz Help!!!

Options
  • 08-05-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and I am 22 yrs old, I am suffering from its devastating side effects. If anyone could help me by letting me know how much would it cost for getting electrolysis done on the face( full face) and how long would it take to see an improvement. I am finding it very difficult to handle and loosing self confidence. My husband notices the hair growth eventually but never mentions it but it is very embarrassing to me at times when he touches my face, and I can see it on his face though. I pluck the hair with the tweezers but everyday there is new growth which is causing a lot of depression to me. My GP suggested electrolysis but because I am trying to conceive, she had asked me to wait until after I have a baby and then go for it, but my condition is going worse which is bothering me a lot. I would appreciate it if anybody would help me and many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

This thread in the Ladies Lounge may also be of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Twiggynomore

Hi there, I have no personal experience of Pcos but have joined support groups for other areas of my life so I know what it can mean to someone when they hear the words "You too, I thought I was the only one who felt like this/going through this". This is a link to a newsite dedicated to it started by someone who has it and wanted to give support to others and share awareness. This this the quote about it
    "I am starting a support group for PCOS suffers here in Ireland." - The level of information and awareness is appalling"
    There is also a face book page called PCOS in Ireland which may also help you. The best of luck with it. I can't post the link that I saw as I am a newbie to the boards.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Try the two links suggested above for further discussion ladies.

/Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement