Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What finished/cancelled TV shows do you miss the most?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Space: Above and Beyond
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Quantum Leap
    Sharpe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Just yesterday Reggie... they cancel all the good ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

smilerf wrote: »
    Just yesterday Reggie... they cancel all the good ones

God Damn it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Reggie. wrote: »
    Are they going to continue with southland or is that just a rumour?

I've not heard anything! It was one of the best cop shows I have ever watched. hugely underrated here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bart Mars

Amber. Needed more programmes to finish it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Only Fools & Horses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Really enjoyed The Finder, although not sure it would have been the same without one of the main characters had it continued after Michael Clarke Duncan died.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Stargate Universe

Would have loved a second series of Terriers, it end with a fantastic set up for another series but at the same time it was also as perfect an ending that any show could hope for.

Jericho is one I'd like to see again but rewatching it a few weeks back and series 1 really takes an age to get going. There are some truly woeful episodes there and while series 2 was great they did themselves no favors in the really days.

It would have been nice to see more of Life, it's one of those shows that took a generic set up we've seen a hundred times before and tried something a lil different. Same goes for K-Ville, it was a cop drama with a great hook and a fantastic setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

I never seem to see much TV but I would make time for more of The Wire. Pretty much faultless television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The Sopranos, Ed and Jericho. I loved Jericho's concept. It's a pity it never really got going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Probably Alphas, I didn't find out it was cancelled until after finishing the episodes on netflix and trying to find the next series. One of the worst cliffhanger endings to any show.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭riggerman

Battlestar galactica , the new one .Great story arc and full of surprises

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Duggie2012

don't feed the gondolas. come back Dara.....

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

There was a show I used to watch years ago called Threshold that got cancelled after one series. Apparently I was one of the few which thought it deserved more...

It had Peter Dinklage (the Imp in Game of Thrones) and was about aliens and stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Firefly. Only watched it for the first time around Christmas. Watched it again twice since then (plus a few of the episodes a couple more times than that).

It actually lived up to the hype, and now I get why it has such a following. And why that following are so angry it was cancelled without being given a proper chance.

That being said, it shouldn't be brought back. Although I wouldn't say no to a new show with new characters set in the same universe and continuity, with occasional special appearances by the original stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mumatfifteen

luck . it just got one seasion pitty

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Fr. Ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭scwazrh

The Bill
    London's Burning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mumatfifteen

vengeance unlimited .. was i the only one that loved it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Luther

• Registered Users Posts: 24 andmc

The Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Southland.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

The sopranos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone