Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision/IC Realtime/Abus NVR & IP Cameras

Options
  • 08-05-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, would very much appreciate anybody’s help with deciding the best above manufactures for support, warranty and cost.

I have carried a lot of research on the different manufactures and my head is hopping:confused::confused:. I can install the cameras and probably program the NVR, but I would rather have someone to recommend what is the best system, rather than me guessing and finding out later I should have used ‘This NVR model with this camera’

I can buy the NVR and cameras cheaper from an electrical supplier with no support then buying from a CCTV supplier.

Ideally looking for the following
    • 1080P Standard
    • NVR 8 channel (Ideally looking for 16 channel)
    I know you can the POE connections, is this good or bad?
    • 5 x IP external camera (New) What is the minimum spec 1.3mp?
    • 3 x covert cameras (New)
    • I have 3 x Analogue cameras (Would like to connect them to the NVR)
    • Remote access from Iphone/PC
    • Email/Text Alarm Alert

Any suggestions more than welcome.:)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Hi I use the Hikvision stuff always its plug and play on the camera install side and easy to network to with a free app and server . The hybrid nvr can be pricey so its better to get all ip cameras would be a lot better set up wise 1.3mp is the most used and if you go up to 3mp with 8 cameras you better get a huge hard drive at least 6/8 terrabite because there savages on memory hope this helps . Also the 8 channel is all poe where the 16 channel you need a 8 port poe switch as an extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Another recommendation for Hikvision, I've been using their 3MP cameras for a while now and am very impressed.
    IC-Realtime is re-badged dahua for the most part and Im guessing abus is too

Hikvision will tick most of your boxes apart from covert, their smallest camera has a diameter of roughly 100mm, small enough to fit on the palm of your hand but not covert

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Hi, thanks for the replies!

HikVision sounds to be the best!!

Is the Hikvision software easy to navigate and program?

Will I get 1080P from a 2mp camera?

Thanks again for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭charlesodowd

MikeOis wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the replies!

HikVision sounds to be the best!!

Is the Hikvision software easy to navigate and program?

Will I get 1080P from a 2mp camera?

Thanks again for the suggestions

Hi, how did you get on with this? Looking to do the same myself and have settled on Hikvision 8 channel NVR and IP cameras (haven't decided on 1.3MP or 3MP will depend on price). Where/What did you end up buying? How did you find it?

Advertisement