Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets for Newbridge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Thats where the temporary AIB bank was - next door to Lifestyle.

Grace Kelly Ltd operate the Eddie Rockets in Naas.

So, yep, another fast food joint for Newbridge. - Should keep the fitness centres busy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Well looks like it was granted permission. So Eddie Rockets looks more than likely to be arriving soon

(Scroll halfway down to see the granted status)

http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/PlanningWeeklyListsforKildareLocalAuthorities/2014/August/ApplicationsGranted/Granted%207814.pdf

I also see in the list, Whitewater has been granted permission to create two restaurant units in the centre. Thats a lot of restaurants of various types in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Droichead nua

there is a sign in the window now saying eddie rockets - staff wanted so must be only couple of weeks away from opening

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Open for Xmas? I doubt it .... ER's is nice depending on the one you are in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Open for Xmas? I doubt it .... ER's is nice depending on the one you are in

That would be quite easy - only internal fit-out required and it looks like they started working on it 2 weeks ago.

Can't see a fairly simple fit out taking more than 4 weeks (Insomnia took less than 4 weeks!)

• Advertisement

Be good on the jobs front. On another note rumours are flying about a Nandos looking into Newbridge . Now that would be interesting. I've
    never eating at one so im not sure what to make of it

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Be good on the jobs front. On another note rumours are flying about a Nandos looking into Newbridge . Now that would be interesting. I've
    never eating at one so im not sure what to make of it

Nandos is a glorified KFC :) nothing special. My guess is it will go into whitewater avenue - that's their typical type of trading place.

nice for after cinema or for better alternative to fast food.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nandos is to KFC what Eddie Rockets is to McDonalds - slightly better food, waiters, beer, and much dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

delahuntv wrote: »
    Nandos is a glorified KFC :) nothing special. My guess is it will go into whitewater avenue - that's their typical type of trading place.

nice for after cinema or for better alternative to fast food.

If Nando's are to move to the WhiteWater it will be in the units beside Debenhams upstairs where Trespass is. They recently got planning permission to change the use from retail to restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

richiek83 wrote: »
    If Nando's are to move to the WhiteWater it will be in the units beside Debenhams upstairs where Trespass is. They recently got planning permission to change the use from retail to restaurant.

I know there is a café there already but I wouldn't think all the folk up in the food court would welcome that? They all have to compete with each other and a newbie get all the cinema crowds. Not a fair playing field for all the existing tenants I would have thought.

• Advertisement

I know there is a café there already but I wouldn't think all the folk up in the food court would welcome that? They all have to compete with each other and a newbie get all the cinema crowds. Not a fair playing field for all the existing tenants I would have thought.

Quite the opposite actually -

why do so many people go to Dundrum centre? Becasue there are 100+ fashion shops all together.

Same with food areas - the more food places in the one area, the more people come to that area and other traders are quite happy once it is not duplicating what is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Philthy

Can't wait for an Eddie's in Newbridge, never heard a dicky bird about it. I came across this after someone said there was a new one on the quays at the IFSC in Dublin. I'll be surrounded by them soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

None of the food court places stay open after the centre closing time to cater for the cinema. I don't know why. The few times I've been to the late cinema I've had to go to chicken America or somewhere else in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Does anyone know how to apply for a job in the newbridge store?

Prob drop a CV in store. Im pretty sure its the same franchisee as the one in Naas so maybe give them a call and ask them 045 889147

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Prob drop a CV in store. Im pretty sure its the same franchisee as the one in Naas so maybe give them a call and ask them 045 889147

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

I drove past tonight, its open seemed busy too.

Haven't been there myself yet. Last time I passed by it looked like a fake eddie rockets , half painted half arsed look have they fixed that little issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Haven't been there myself yet. Last time I passed by it looked like a fake eddie rockets , half painted half arsed look have they fixed that little issue ?

No it hasn't been fixed yet. It did look different alright. Perhaps they are waiting on signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Is there card machine still not working? That was a disaster the first time I went there. I've been there 4 times since it opened, and going there tonight for dinner. It has a bit of a nicer feel than McDonald's but Judge Roy Beans still feels more like a proper restaurant. The issue with the front door is hilarious, watching the look of disappointment on the faces of those who realise they have to walk around the back as they try to force it open :D

They've shown improvement since the first time I was there however, think they got rid of some staff, they need to seriously get rid of the big table upstairs and place two/ three medium sized ones there I reckon. Wish them all the best in the future!

• Advertisement

there's always somone who will whine about such minor detail! :rolleyes:

Yup there does :) Otherwise it wouldn't be lovely Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Two burgers cheesy chips and onion rings 33 euro. I taught it was a bit much for a fast food restaurant. Judge roy beans has a much better quality of food for less money. Don't think I'd be going there again. And I couldn't pay by card which maybe there should have a sign up saying that instead of the embarrassment it can cause people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Two burgers cheesy chips and onion rings 33 euro. I taught it was a bit much for a fast food restaurant.

Were the prices not displayed on the menu outside the restaurant? If so, the bill amount shouldn't have been a surprise...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

tallpaul wrote: »
    Were the prices not displayed on the menu outside the restaurant? If so, the bill amount shouldn't have been a surprise...

Well I don't go around with a calulator in my pocket all the time. 8 euro for a burger with nothing on the side is a little much.
    if you ordered the same in judge roy beans you get a full dinner With chips and side salad. And it would taste better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Well I don't go around with a calulator in my pocket all the time.

If you have an anyway modern phone then you probably do :p

Eddie Rockets prices have always been high, generally its good quality diner food and isn't really a fast food restaurant. Its definitely overpriced but sometimes worth it for a treat.

. And it would taste better.

totally subjective. From being in the food trade, I know eddie rockets would have a very high standard for the quality of beef used in their burgers. 100% Irish from the forequarter of the animal and always fresh. That's the quality of beef used in quality restaurants.

But some poeople have a dislike for any copmpany that does well and try their best to knock them just for the sake of it.

My guess is you have some connection with judge roy beans (I've never eaten there, so i can't comment) as you seem to be championing them quite strongly against a little competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Went in there last week for my daughters birthday - I got a double burger and wasn't impressed by it at all....no flavor from the burger at all and overall pricey (but I knew that going in)...wouldn't go back in again.

Gourmet burger does a much better burger imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well I don't go around with a calulator in my pocket all the time.

And mental arithmetic must be tough for you also...

It is well known that Eddie Rockets or 'empty your pockets' is more expensive that you bog-standard fast food joint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement