Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Second batch official!

Options
  • 08-05-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Just thought I'd start a thread for everyone who finally got the call for the next intake! To share our thoughts and feelings etc!
    Let's hear it... Who got the best call today, love to hear who's joining me.
    It hasn't really sunk in for me yet, after all this time it's finally happened. Notice to hand in tomorrow!!! Great feeling.

EDITED BY SHIELD:

Sorry to hijack the first post guys, but so far there are 13 from here who have got the call. Congratulations so far to...

Alfred92
    Banti
    Belfastm
    boblaw88
    elspeth flash
    Jb12345
    Maverick89
    quizzicaljones
    s313
    student15
    StuckWaiting
    Wannabebigger
    whatinthe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Count me in brother/sister! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

It's been emotional lol. Glad the waiting is finally over. Can't wait to get started. Hopefully the rest of the guys and girls waiting get the call tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Sorry, I keep asking this. Of the ones who just got the call, when did you do your medical? I have mine the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Wannabebigger

I'm in the lucky gang!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

hi pals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Look forward to meeting everyone soon! Notice just handed in! What a feeling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Banti

See all you guys soon - it's a real
    Strange feeling this morning now waiting/wondering/worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

Count me in guys!

anyone got their letter yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

The woman on the phone said they will be sent out today. So tomorrow hopefully.

• Advertisement

Anyone get their pack out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Banti wrote: »
    Anyone get their pack out yet?

Not yet. Was hoping today, will check later.

Nahhhhh...cutting it fine so they are

• Registered Users Posts: 32 quizzicaljones

First time poster. I'm also in. Can anyone remember if we have to post something back by induction once pack received? Still waiting on pack!!!

First time poster. I'm also in. Can anyone remember if we have to post something back by induction once pack received? Still waiting on pack!!!

I think we have to email through a few things and then bring a whole pile of documents etc on Saturday - anyone else getting a little excited?

I think we have to email through a few things and then bring a whole pile of documents etc on Saturday - anyone else getting a little excited?

Excited isn't even the word. Just want this pack in my hand to see what's next!

Just think, in 5 weeks time we will all be sitting in the corridors, polishing boots and learning definitions off by heart......

Just think, in 5 weeks time we will all be sitting in the corridors, polishing boots and learning definitions off by heart......

Hard to believe. Induction will be interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

What kind of documents? Have you received an email?

Maverick89 wrote: »

I haven't received a thing if that helps...

• Advertisement

Maverick89 wrote: »

Just from the offer call, she told me I had to bring 7 different documents, payslip, birth cert, passport and a few others that I can't remember - have to email through car reg etc but I guess that will all be detailed in the pack, which we should get tomorrow, maybe .......

Just from the offer call, she told me I had to bring 7 different documents, payslip, birth cert, passport and a few others that I can't remember - have to email through car reg etc but I guess that will all be detailed in the pack, which we should get tomorrow, maybe .......

Maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alfred92

Yeah, we have to send back a form regarding the induction weekend. I'm deferring for a month and have to confirm that on the form. Already contacted them re: email on deferral

Alfred92 wrote: »
    Yeah, we have to send back a form regarding the induction weekend. I'm deferring for a month and have to confirm that on the form. Already contacted them re: email on deferral

Send by post then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alfred92

Sounds like it - or maybe give in on the weekend. As I say, I emailed to request deferral after getting my call (discussed deferral on phone) and heard today that I got my deferral and just reminded to return the form that's in the pack being sent out.

Alfred92 wrote: »
    Sounds like it - or maybe give in on the weekend. As I say, I emailed to request deferral after getting my call (discussed deferral on phone) and heard today that I got my deferral and just reminded to return the form that's in the pack being sent out.

Just have to wait and receive the pack I guess. Cutting it fine.

Was anyone given a number to ring with queries? If so obviously don't post it here.

any post today fellow homies?

boblaw88 wrote: »
    any post today fellow homies?

Stuck in work, seriously considering driving home at lunch - they really know how to drag everything out!!

• Advertisement

the waiting is delicious!!

Advertisement