Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Second batch official!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭boblaw88

Could very well believe it. Heard some interesting takes of ones being lifted out of class before.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

I dont think that would be true as the substance misuse forms part of vetting, and you dont get a place until you pass vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Banti

Anyone had any luck gettin through to the recruitment team? I have a question i want to ask but seems to be engaged....

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

I dont think that would be true as the substance misuse forms part of vetting, and you dont get a place until you pass vetting.

Well there's the period between then and gville so there's every chance it is...

No chance. There is no way they would give people an offer on the basis that if your drug test comes back negatively, you are out.

• Advertisement

Thats just my opinion. No one really knows. I would find it highly unlikely though they would give someone a place before results come back clear.

No chance. There is no way they would give people an offer on the basis that if your drug test comes back negatively, you are out.

You haven't understood me lol what u heard was there was another drug test of some sort and 9 people kicked out already.. So I assume that they may have passed the SMT fine but after that they have took something they shouldn't and failed the latest test. Possibly not thinking there would be one? Who knows... Maybe someone there could confirm lol

Would be extremely silly if people did do that and throw everything away just like that...

But then another friend of mine doesn't think there is another test. All could be hear say lol

Jb12345 wrote: »
    You haven't understood me lol what u heard was there was another drug test of some sort and 9 people kicked out already.. So I assume that they may have passed the SMT fine but after that they have took something they shouldn't and failed the latest test. Possibly not thinking there would be one? Who knows... Maybe someone there could confirm lol

Would be extremely silly if people did do that and throw everything away just like that...

But then another friend of mine doesn't think there is another test. All could be hear say lol

Ahh I get it now! That would make sense. So maybe people pass the test at medical then party after it!

Yeah it would be extremely silly to do that especially if you have left your existing job :-S

Sorry I misunderstood :)

Ahh I get it now! That would make sense. So maybe people pass the test at medical then party after it!

Yeah it would be extremely silly to do that especially if you have left your existing job :-S

Sorry I misunderstood :)

Ha its OK. Yeh would be crazy but who knows. The first intake are very quiet now or else not allowed to say anything so we might not even know lol

Wish I was going in on this intake :( fingers crossed for third one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

1 or 2 you could maybe understand but 9 seems way too much. That's about a quarter of the first intake. I suppose no one from the first intake could confirm or deny this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I heard there were a good handful (can't remember the exact figure) who didn't show on the first day.

Sthm wrote: »
    I heard there were a good handful (can't remember the exact figure) who didn't show on the first day.

That could maybe account for some of the 9 then, would make more sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

If people don't show does that mean their place is lost forever or can they add extra on to future intakes?

Would you take someone that didnt show up again?

I don't mean that specific person.....I mean their spot. Could someone further down the list take it in a future squad

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

Imagine getting that far and not showing up. Madness. I hope it does in turn goes to someone who really wants it.

So do I

oztop1234 wrote: »
    I don't mean that specific person.....I mean their spot. Could someone further down the list take it in a future squad

You would like to think so, though I dont think its the way it works :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Banti

I see they have announced another recruitment campaign for the end of the month - hope this isn't gonna wreck all the overtime we had planned!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 quizzicaljones

You would like to think so, though I dont think its the way it works :(

You're right it doesnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Maverick89 wrote: »
    Interesting development if true. The SMT results only take a week to come back so if anything it must have been between the medical and starting in GV which is absolutemadness.

Yeah heard today from good source that around 10 kicked out for failing SMT but some confusion about what stage the samples taken. I have also heard that a LOT of people failing to pass PCA (especially females) and it has put a bit of a spanner in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

I think they said you had to provide more samples during training at some point too. Maybe that's where they have been failing? Wasn't the results of the SMT back within a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 quizzicaljones

Belfastm wrote: »
    I think they said you had to provide more samples during training at some point too. Maybe that's where they have been failing? Wasn't the results of the SMT back within a week?

I would say this is probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Please excuse me for this stupid question...

As regards to vetting, i presume protien shakes (havnt started taking it yet) wouldnt show up on SMT? Im was going to start using them as im training 5 nights a week at the minute and think it would aid my recovery times. Maybe student15 could anwser? Lol.

Iv never used any suppliments before but just worried it may affect me later on.

Cheers guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Please excuse me for this stupid question...

As regards to vetting, i presume protien shakes (havnt started taking it yet) wouldnt show up on SMT? Im was going to start using them as im training 5 nights a week at the minute and think it would aid my recovery times. Maybe student15 could anwser? Lol.

Iv never used any suppliments before but just worried it may affect me later on.

Cheers guys!!

Your shakes shouldn't flare up anything haha
    A lot of supplements these days are safe for athletes to not fail their drug testing.
    There actually is an industry standard safe badge can't remember the name of it off hand!

Pre work outs and the likes may be different as some used to contain ephedrine which is a controlled substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

student15 wrote: »
    Your shakes shouldn't flare up anything haha
    A lot of supplements these days are safe for athletes to not fail their drug testing.
    There actually is an industry standard safe badge can't remember the name of it off hand!

Pre work outs and the likes may be different as some used to contain ephedrine which is a controlled substance.

All thats totally over my head!! Lol. Id know more about a tray of spanners or a fish supper (how my evenings were previously spend before my mate gym came along) lol.

Cheers for the advise. :-)

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    All thats totally over my head!! Lol. Id know more about a tray of spanners or a fish supper (how my evenings were previously spend before my mate gym came along) lol.

Cheers for the advise. :-)

Just research what you're using, some times big name brands are lined with sugar and 'proprietary blends'

My reccomendation - get more eggs fish chicken and beef in you before you think of a 'Shake'

Back on topic

Why would you have gone and wasted such an opportunity in regards to the folks getting kicked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

student15 wrote: »
    Back on topic

Why would you have gone and wasted such an opportunity in regards to the folks getting kicked out.
    Well if this is true, and people failed a drug test after getting in.. Thank god the test was carried out! Good riddance to anyone carrying on like that!

Boggles the mind though.

Advertisement