Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good reason to defer

Options
  • 08-05-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

:confused:Have been lucky enough to be offered a place in college next year. Delighted with myself. Financial aspect is terrifying though as a job I thought I would have when I applied has fallen through. I am thinking of deferring for a year in order to get a place on a plc course with work experience which would be relevant to what I want to study. This would also mean I would qualify for BTEA and is one reason behind the idea. Would really take a lot of the financial pressure off as well as giving some practical experience.Really didn't expect to get in on first application as a mature student so finances not fully in place yet. I know it sounds quite scabby but would they allow me to defer so I can do a plc course that will allow me to be in a better place financially? Or will they tell me to get knotted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

The last thing the college wants is for you to start and then drop out after a few weeks. You could say that due to recent events you need to take the year to sort out your finances and so would like to defer. Its a sensible solution. As for the PLC, anything that makes you better prepared for college is again in the colleges best interest.

Contact admissions about it. All they can say is no.
    Congrats on getting a place by the way.
    :)

Advertisement