Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge

Options
  • 08-05-2014 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I am in the process of selling a property but need a Certificate of Discharge for the Household Charge from 2012.

I have been trying to contact them by email and phone for 2 weeks without a response.

I also tried the council and revenue but as I paid it on time in the first place is is household charge I need to contact.

Has anyone managed to contact them recently?

This is holding up the sale! Grrr:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

You should able to see that the HH chareg has been paid when you log into the Property TAx online system. Some solicitors would accept screen prints of this to speed things up.
    Have you tried email support@householdcharge.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i used a printout when I sold mine.

On a side point, I think this is something people will find an issue when selling if they took issue with paying in the first place......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I sent a screenshot from the LPT to my solicitor. He thinks it should be ok. Yes tried the email address and phone number multiple times!

Can definitely see not paying any of the charges affecting a sale.

Thanks guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CruelFox

I'm having the same problems. Phoned the Local Government Management Agency head office today and even they can't get in touch with this unit. A shambles altogether. No answering machine, no reply to emails in 2 weeks. Half the country selling their properties at the moment and they have an unmanned phone line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

as a poster suggested, i sent a screen shot from my LPT account, which indicated the Household Charge has been paid. I just received confirmation from the purchaser's solicitor that they will accept this (we can forward the official confirmation later).

You are right though, it is a total shambles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement