Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming jobsseekers benefit after maternity benefit ends.

Options
  • 08-05-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi looking for advice on my entitlements. I am due to start claiming maternity benefit at the end of June, I will be starting my maternity benefit 4 weeks before my due date as due to great timing on my behalf my contract was ending at the end of June and my employer is now not renewing my contract after 3years of service as they are not willing to keep a head count open for me for 6 months while on maternity (really should of waited to get pregnant after I had my contract renewed, everyone else in my department had there contracts renewed for 18months except me).
    Anyways I plan to start looking for a job in nov/dec however I'm really concerned about not getting another job straight away in the current climate. Does anyone know if I can claim jobsseekers benefit after my maternity payments end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

taytor wrote: »
    Hi looking for advice on my entitlements. I am due to start claiming maternity benefit at the end of June, I will be starting my maternity benefit 4 weeks before my due date as due to great timing on my behalf my contract was ending at the end of June and my employer is now not renewing my contract after 3years of service as they are not willing to keep a head count open for me for 6 months while on maternity (really should of waited to get pregnant after I had my contract renewed, everyone else in my department had there contracts renewed for 18months except me).
    Anyways I plan to start looking for a job in nov/dec however I'm really concerned about not getting another job straight away in the current climate. Does anyone know if I can claim jobsseekers benefit after my maternity payments end.

Of course you can. You are being let go and you will have your p45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

closifer wrote: »
    Of course you can. You are being let go and you will have your p45.

I thought there were laws saying you can't be let go because of pregnancy?

Advertisement