Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XTERRA Ireland 2014 postponed to 2015

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

I was really looking forward to my only Tri of the season :rolleyes:

Wonder where it will be next year?

Ah well, I can get a decent winter done this time :D. Always a silver lining!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

damn was looking forward to it this year, any reason why its postponed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

where did you hear this mcos?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Email from event HQ. Giving competitors the heads up first

With deep regret we, the organisers of ‘Xterra Ireland’ are very disappointed to have to announce that due to a number of unforeseen logistical problems ‘Xterra Ireland’ has been postponed until 2015.

The problems we have encountered meant that we were not in a position to deliver the event to the high standards which a prestigious event like Xterra merits. With the small amount of time left prior to the event we have been left with no choice!

We are working hard to secure a more suitable location for 2015 and we are liaising with ‘Team Unlimited’ in Hawaii to secure a date that will fit better with the Xterra European and World tours

Thank you for believing in the event and taking time to enter! As competitors you are the first to be contacted and to be made aware of the situation – and will be in touch again early next week to arrange either a full refund or reduced price postponement until 2015.

Again, we sincerely regret the situation and look forward to announcing the new venue and date very soon.

Location was perfect, the cheek:)

real shame that, was looking forward to having it in my home town

3 months ago there were three triathlons scheduled for Killaloe this summer. Now there is 1 .shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

thats a balls
    I had just bought a mountain bike to do it:(

• Advertisement

BennyMul wrote: »
    thats a balls
    I had just bought a mountain bike to do it:(

i'm sure mcos will be more than happy to hear there is someone out there with a mtb looking to get some hours in. ballyhoura beckons:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

mossym wrote: »
    Location was perfect, the cheek:)

They heard how easy it was for certain people to get dropped on the cycle and figured it was too tough ;)

MCOS - you've enough going on this summer and less of the banging of the knees, I ain't man enough to carry you & me around the Beast

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

ah bugger

Advertisement